MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
COMING SOON
JAN 21 — NEW YEAR'S EVE BALL IS OVER! thanks everyone for participating and PM BEAR if your character did not get their award!

JAN 08 — NEW SKIN! as always, pm bear for bugs!

influence
FRINGES STARTING TO CATCH UP FROM WINNING THE SNOWDOWN SNOWBALL FIGHT!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Add Reply
New Poll

vicious cycle, ft. piper finch
auto IS CURRENTLY Offline
i don't really care if nobody else believes, 'cause i've still got a lot of fight left in me.
female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
if you disagree? you are not me, who made you king of anything? so you dare tell me who to be? who died and made you king of a n y t h i n g ?
sometimes she felt just a bit underappreciated. 'a bit.' but that in itself was also quite an understatement because, well, it's not like they were the best of friends or anything: her and piper finch. there was no reason that she should feel remotely upset about giving in to this type of 'study session' time and time again. it was just habit.

in fact, kerina chevalier was more comfortable keeping herself company rather than being in the company of others, friends or not. she wasn't the easiest person to like, after all; she was aware of that. not to mention the fact that she rarely knew how to socialize without saying the 'wrong' thing. so she should probably be grateful that someone like piper was actually willing to study with her once in awhile.

but she wasn't.

and, thinking about it, maybe she should start considering keeping some of her thoughts to herself, especially around piper. they fought enough over meaningless things as it was; reputation and such. but, keeping her thoughts to herself would probably only turn her into even more of a ticking bomb than she already was.

"why're we here anyway? we could've gone somewhere else," said the brunette as she brought her legs up so she could sit in an indian-style upon her chair. left hand twisted open the cap before she took a quick gulp from her water bottle. a brow arched, russet eyes staring dully and unblinkingly at the elite, "you realize that hormonal fuckboys come here to pick up chicks a lot, right?"

not exactly a question, even if it was posed like one.

there was a small pause when something dawned on her. eyebrows briefly furrowed, "unless that was your intention." at the thought, the seventeen-year-old's back seemed to straighten more. "to be noticed, that is. since it's what you're always after." which has been the case since sophomore or junior year, now that she thought about it. shoulders shrugged slightly as her vision returned to the study materials before her.

without another word, she dropped her feet to the floor. one hand reached sideways to pull out the chair next to her. gingerly, she slipped into the new chair, then slid her binder before her with ease. elbows lifted and met with the surface of her side of the library table, "whatever. your circus, your monkeys. just don't go crying about it if one of them forces themselves on you." a blink, and a small snort left her nose as she picked up her pen again, "'cause those cheer skirts look pretty fucking risque."

bear IS CURRENTLY Offline
but no, i'm never gonna be 'cause i don't wanna be, no, I don't wanna sit still look pretty
female
Elite
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
64 POSTS
last night you were in my room and now my bedsheets smell like you, i'm in love with the shape of you
piper liked multivar— all math, really. but she also liked having free time, and doing these twenty-some triple integrals would take far too long if she were to do them alone. so, scrolling through her phone contacts, she found the one person who could help her out.

piper liked having kerina around: the need for lunch study dates happened frequently enough that she had a use, and she could say no to piper. it wasn’t like the other girl had any actual friends.

and she was fun to be around.

sometimes.

not today. piper put her pencil down and looked up from her papers when she realized what kind of mood kerina was in. the brown-haired girl rolled her eyes and sighed. “this is the library, kerina. the only boys around are those losers over there.” she arched an eyebrow to her left, where two nerds were clicking away at some hand-held game devices, whispering urgently about something something pokemon.

the cheerleader watched kerina cynically as she spoke with an edge to her voice. when she was done with her little rant, piper had to resist the urge to roll her eyes again. “oh, definitely. sure. now can we concentrate on these problems? we’ve only got ten more minutes of lunch.”

piper turned her attention back to her papers. kerina’s harsh words were a fact of her character that piper had learned to deal with, so she didn’t particularly care to respond and get her more riled up. eventually she would forget her grumbling and they would actually be able to focus, just like always.

“have you done problem 24 yet?”

i don't really care if nobody else believes, 'cause i've still got a lot of fight left in me.
female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
if you disagree? you are not me, who made you king of anything? so you dare tell me who to be? who died and made you king of a n y t h i n g ?
her gaze never faltered even as piper rolled her eyes, "fuck you. i'm a 'loser' too according to your regular friends." she said flatly, her expression dull and showing absolutely no qualms over practically berating herself. self-aware as she was, kerina knew and accepted how others viewed her.

"and, correction: just because you have yet to run into a fuckboy in the library, doesn't mean that they don't actually come here; i've seen and been harassed by them before, so shut up about what you don't know." not only that, she was even tutoring one now after encountering him here, of all places.

nonetheless, the seventeen-year-old slid her gaze back down to her math worksheet. not exactly something she enjoyed, but she had long learned to deal with it; whether she liked it was only second to the fact that she actually needed it in her future field of work.

"just did," kerina said, leaning her upper body forward and letting her jaw fall against the back of her free hand. her bent wrist pushed her reading glasses up slightly, russet eyes blinking behind the lenses. she proceeded to scribble down a formula for question 25, then, her fingers extended to her calculus textbook to flip a few pages.

gaze returned briefly to piper, "wanna compare answers now, or do you need more time?" she asked, never quite paying attention to the fit of giggles that could be heard, as a group of two or three girls entered the library. maybe because they were relatively far away. or maybe because she didn't exactly care until they started to get annoying.

then again, kerina chevalier did have the tendency to get 'annoyed' at the drop of a hat.

but no, i'm never gonna be 'cause i don't wanna be, no, I don't wanna sit still look pretty
female
Elite
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
64 POSTS
last night you were in my room and now my bedsheets smell like you, i'm in love with the shape of you
“could you please not be so crass?” piper intoned immediately, though it was more of an automatic reaction at this point than an actual plea. kerina didn’t change herself on demand, not for anyone. she didn’t bother correcting her, either; what good was it to deny reality?

if anyone else were to know the details of their relationship, they might consider it complicated— two girls, almost nothing alike, who seemed never to show actual affection to each other. but to piper, it wasn’t. they were friends, but they weren’t always.

that was it.

“mhmm, mhm,” piper replied, her bored tone indicating that this petty argument was going to go nowhere with her. instead, she focused her attention on the task at hand, scratching out equations and numbers with long, precise fingers. after a brief bit of addition, piper finally looked up and, meeting the loner’s gaze, nodded.

“i got thirty-four point seven-eight-three,” piper’s voice had returned to a soft whisper again, befitting of the setting they were in. she flicked her paper to turn and push it slightly towards the other girl, then stretched her back and sat up straight in her chair as she allowed herself a brief moment of respite.

until her eyes flickered to the doorway, and to a group of three girls who had just entered the library and were making their way slowly, to piper’s growing horror, to their table.

besides a subtle widening of her eyes, there was nothing on her face that showed the deep apprehension welling up within her. she knew those girls. one of them was the cheer captain. kerina hadn’t seemed to notice, yet. maybe she could excuse herself from the table and hide in the bathroom for a bit until they left—

“piper?

at the sound of her name being called across the library, piper immediately switched to a pleasant, wide-eyed smile as her friends rushed over. “oh! hey, katherine,” she forced out.

her eyes flashed, for just a millisecond, to the girl sitting on her right.

kerina. please don’t act like kerina. be a normal, nice person for once in your life, please.

female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
as piper spoke, kerina's gaze slid momentarily to her final answer of the previous question, "i got the same. are you gonna-" she had began to ask, but was interrupted when the girls that had only just entered the library, proceeded to make their presence known.

"ah. 'the greatest people you will ever meet,'" she said in a relatively monotonic manner. russet eyes flicked up to meet with the cheer captain's, "'and the worst: beware of the plastics.'" was there a point to quoting mean girls? no. but to say that kerina could stop herself from being sarcastic when the school's queen bee... s were around, was false.

"here to spread some stds? try to keep it down then, since this is the library and i'm studying." kerina said, eyes unblinking and unfaltering; as they usually were. then, her attention returned to her binder.

she proceeded to push at the buttons of her calculator, not bothering to cast a single glance at piper. it didn't take someone with eyes to know that her so-called 'friend' was most likely panicking on the inside right now.

female
Elite
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
64 POSTS
the mean girls reference seemed lost on the girls. it was 2017, after all; mean girls hadn’t been relevant for at least like, five years. piper’s smile faltered a little bit as her ”friends” didn’t seem particularly amused at kerina’s jibe. katherine opened her mouth, probably to ask what the hell this red-headed girl was talking about, when the subsequent made her mouth shut with a snap.

“well. if you’re studying up on manners, you’re not doing a great job.” piper’s smile strained, weakly. “ha ha,” she offered, trying (and failing) to diffuse the tension that had just settled. if katherine didn’t have a problem with kerina before, she definitely did now.

goddamnit, kerina. this is why no one likes you.

”so what are you doing here, piper? with.. you know.” katherine’s eyes flickered to the girl on piper’s right, not particularly subtly, but then again kerina didn’t really seem to be paying attention.

“oh, just.. just studying,” piper tried to sound casual, grinning nervously at katherine. “kerina here is in my.. multivar class,” she continued. “it’s nothing, really,”

mean girl talk translation: it wasn’t like they were friends, really. it was just multivar.

female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
"it's calculus; meant for those who know more than basic geometry." kerina retaliated, tone as curt and deadpan as usual. at piper's somewhat awkward laughter, she merely blinked. of course, the finch girl wouldn't speak up for her. not that kerina actually expected her to. it was only natural that piper took the other cheerleaders' side 'in public.' it was such common occurrence at this point that kerina was practically numb towards it.

practically.

almost.

almost personally offended by it, but definitely feeling the need to speak up against the obvious hypocrisy; friend or not, hurt feelings were the last of her concerns when honesty was pretty much second nature to her.

"kerina chevalier," she added, words following katherine's almost seamlessly, as though she was only answering a question, one that wasn't even asked. when piper proceeded to brush off and disregard the elephant in the room, the seventeen-year-old could've snorted.

there was something so ironic about the situation that she would be lying to deny her amusement. she knew where this was headed, but she was doing nothing to prevent it from happening. what was there to do, though? was there anything to do? one corner of her mouth curled into a sneer.

"we're 'hanging out,' so to speak. doing nerdy shit like studying together. but at least we're going somewhere with our lives." there was a brief pause, and the brunette added with a blink, her features falling back into their usual neutral form, "well, i am anyway." she couldn't help but add what she otherwise wouldn't have, her tone almost bitter.

female
Elite
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
64 POSTS
it seemed as if today just wasn’t going to be piper’s day. but then, kerina tended to make anyone’s day not theirs. piper felt her dismay grow as katherine’s face became stormier and stormier.

“well then, kerina. i was simply stopping by to say hi to one of my— friends,” the ice in the popular girl’s tone made it clear their relationship status probably wasn’t going to stay that way for very long as her eyes flickered briefly to piper’s, then back to stare down the loner. “no need to be such a— a bitch!”

plastic one and plastic two hmphed and harrumphed their agreement.

piper coughed, a little quietly. “guys, we are in the library,” she pointed out, trying to diffuse some of the tension. “did you want something from me, katherine?” she mumbled.

that seemed to do it. the cheer captain unfroze and turned to piper with a snap of the neck. “oh, no, piper sweetie. just saying hi. and i better be off now, so see you at practice.”

with a faux smile, the trio turned and waltzed off.

piper let out a breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding. now, she was just feeling irritable, particularly at the friend sitting across from her. she snapped, crossly, “why do you always have to make things so difficult?”

female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
at katherine's words, the brunette's eyebrows gave the briefest and faintest lift, "you already did," she said dully, as if non-verbally suggesting that the cheer captain would have forgotten her purpose here had she not been reminded. russet eyes blinked once when katherine's attention returned to her; she was sorry that she even waited for some kind of groundbreaking insult, "i expected better, considering your slut-influence within the school." but then again, she probably wasn't worth katherine's best insults.

as piper cut into the conversation, kerina merely turned back to her work once more, "i was completely oblivious to this fact prior your useless contribution." never expect her to keep her mouth shut, to be honest, when she 100% believed that she had no reason to back down. why stay quiet in the first place? she had nothing to lose. unlike the majority of the school, kerina chevalier had absolutely no positive reputation to keep up with.

once the cheerleading duo was finally done with their little meet-and-greet (?), and piper, who had the audacity to even address kerina again, the seventeen-year-old pushed herself up from her seat, "why do you always have to make things so difficult?" she shot the same question right back at piper with a rather indifferent quirk of her left brow, "but i guess i'm the only one who's ever given a fuck about staying honest in a friendship."

at this, she gathered up her belongings from the table and picked up her schoolbag before moving towards the exit of the library. nevermind that it looked like she was practically tailing after katherine and her crew. but that was the least of her concerns right now, really.

female
Elite
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
64 POSTS
piper had almost entirely forgotten about multivar. with a frown, the brown-haired girl stared off after the three girls, who seemed to sashay through the library and out the doors. technically, she’d been friends with katherine for four years through cheer, but really, piper always felt on edge around her.

the annoyance that filled her 5’4 frame was the only explanation for the upset glare she responded with at kerina’s indifferent expression. “i’m not the one who has to be little miss uppity bitch for no reason whatsoever,” she snarked back.

when kerina started to pack her bags, the rage that was boiling inside of her came to a head. piper, almost unconsciously, turned her nose up and her head away. if kerina wanted to leave, good riddance.

“what friendship?” she stated, coldly. “this was just studying, remember.”

with her mouth set in a thin, firm line, piper looked down and resumed her work. when she looked up, kerina was already through the doorway.

she was only the tiniest bit sorry to see her go.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll