MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
COMING SOON
JAN 21 — NEW YEAR'S EVE BALL IS OVER! thanks everyone for participating and PM BEAR if your character did not get their award!

JAN 08 — NEW SKIN! as always, pm bear for bugs!

influence
FRINGES STARTING TO CATCH UP FROM WINNING THE SNOWDOWN SNOWBALL FIGHT!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Add Reply
New Poll

all gains, no game | bear
teal IS CURRENTLY Offline
i wont be catchin' villains, but she got me catchin feelins
male
Jock
junior
hetero
sports star
65 POSTS
have you ever wondered what a sweaty high schooler smelled like? you ever just had that desire to smell that dank musk in the air? well, that was the smell that lingered among half of the football team. they chose not to heed their captain's warning and got fat over the summer. this was the worst part of the entire offseason. when they were supposed to be resting, beach days turned into cheat days and those cheat days added fat.

UGH, fat.

anyway, since half of the team was keeled over, desperately gasping for air, griffin just called off the rest of the practice. there was no way they were going to run 2 miles after the hell he put them through. if they made it through though, they would have gotten a scrimmage but they couldn't push their fat butts hard enough. talk about lazy bums!!

with their session over, griffin tucked his helmet under his arm and proceeded to jog off towards the locker room. that was until he spotted one of them journalist folks off on the sideline.

it was always good for the team to get some PR out there. without it, no one would ever show up to the games and that was probably the most embarrassing thing for a high school player. no love, even from his classmates.

griffin jogged over to the journalist chick who had this weird vibe to her. maybe it was the fact that her hair was f***in white. like, white as snow. she had that old lady feel, that was it. there was no reason for someone that young to be looking that old. the look confused him and he didn't like the feel of being confused.

"hey, sup?" he said. fortunately for her though, he didn't have that dank aroma covering him. he smelled like that frat boy fragrance that a lot of high school teenage boys wore. that was 'the premiere scent' for hormonal dudes.

"can i help you with something?"

alice moreau
bear IS CURRENTLY Offline
we'll be looking for sunlight, we know that we're headstrong, and our heart's gone, and the timing's never right
female
Creative
sophomore
homosexual
thespian enthusiast
68 POSTS
you get lighter the more it gets dark cause you're a sky full of stars
she’d had a couple hours to kill before drama rehearsal started, so alice decided to work on the piece she was supposed to be reporting on for the ridgeview post. the first football game (and the back-to-school-bash) was scheduled for next friday, so she was just supposed to take a couple photos of their football team sweating their nuts off during practice. because then you could spin the story whichever way, win or lose.

but they were gonna win, of course. alice was sure of that.

well, she was. until she had to sit through watching two hours of about twenty-something sweaty boys run laps and do pushups. they didn’t even touch a football the whole time she was watching! after reviewing her photos, alice decided she’d have to come back on another day if she wanted photos of more interesting action that wasn’t like, burpees.

so she was just about to pack up her stuff and go when a shout caught her attention. alice looked up to see one of the players jogging over to her. oh! maybe she could get an interview before she left.

“hi!” she chirped cheerily, with her arm wind-milling in an overly-energetic wave. alice hopped up off the front-row bleacher she was sitting on and dusted herself off before walking to meet him halfway on the track.

“i’m alice! do you mind if i interview you for a little bit about football? it’s for the newspaper! nice to meet you, by the way! oh, ooooh, we can do this later, if you want, yanno once you’ve hit the showers or something,”

alice paused. she winced a little bit, now that they’re close enough for her to smell the post-workout seventeen-year-old fragrance.

then she brightened up, “oh, no, i got it!” and proceeded to pull out a can of febreeze from her bag and spray the air around them.

“much better! you ready, then?”

male
Jock
junior
hetero
sports star
65 POSTS
yep, she was definitely older than he thought. her actions alone screamed elderly and he was afraid that anything besides getting up from her seat would break her hip or something.

"so do you like... carry around a can of febreeze with you or like...?" even though she asked about an interview, he was the one asking questions here. or rather, he wanted to ask many many questions. like her hair color, what the deal was with the febreeze, what color of lipstick did she prefer and whether or not dinosaurs had feathers or not. there was a lot he wanted to blurt out, but he refrained. he was a good boy.

"anyway, ya. an interview works if you don't mind the musk." there was no denying that after every practice, there was that lovely smell in the air. the smell of adolescence and angst mixed in with burning fat.

with the first game of the season around the corner, griff pretty much planned out the path of the interview. the basic 5 w's and the how. it was nice knowing that she was trying to get better at something other than looking old. if he had to be a guinea pig for something so groundbreaking, he was going to be the best damn guinea pig ever.

pulling the collar of his t-shirt up to his face, he wiped down the bridge of his nose. it was gross, yeah, but what'd you expect?

"so what'd you wanna know?"

maybe, just maybe there was some sort of charm to her old lady appearance.

yeah, that was it.

reminded him of his mom.

alice moreau
we'll be looking for sunlight, we know that we're headstrong, and our heart's gone, and the timing's never right
female
Creative
sophomore
homosexual
thespian enthusiast
68 POSTS
alice’s favorite scent was rose-lilac citrus. actually, she just liked flowery scents in general, and that was the smell that wafted around the two now, winning the battle over dank boy musk… for now.

“of course! everyone should!” alice smiled at the football player like he was, well, a football player. what kind of question was that? alice had like, three cats (thankfully one of the things she wasn’t allergic to). febreeze and sticky rollers were absolute, carry on you at all times essentials.

speaking of which. alice noted the grass blades stuck to griffin’s knees and had the urge to pull one of those out, too. but she decided against it, because maybe she wanted to get a headshot of just him and needed him to look like he was really working his ass off, grass stains included.

“well, i do, but i think we’re fine for now!” alice reassured him. well, they were fine, until for whatever reason he decided to pull his shirt up to sniff at the sweat beneath and released more fumes.

alice sprayed a few more puffs into the air.

it was fine.

as soon as the football player officially consented, alice was pulling out her rose gold iphone 6s with a cat-patterned phone case from yet another pocket of her seemingly-bottomless cat-embroidered tote bag. “great! awesome! thanks!” she affirmed, unlocking her phone and navigating to voice memos. “i’m gonna record this, kay?”

he didn’t really have a choice, though, because alice hit record and stuck her phone out, pointing the end under his nose. “could you just spell your name and tell me what grade you’re in so i can get it on record?”

male
Jock
junior
hetero
sports star
65 POSTS
wow. this lady was something else. woo-wee. yeah, she was like hot stuff if hot stuff wasn't as hot as it thought it was. when she pulled out her phone with her little cat case on it, all of his assumptions were confirmed. she was an old lady in disguise!!! griffin was on the verge of exposing her but he knew better than to do that in such a venue.

he was going to do it all online.

after giving his permission to the interview, he kind of just stood there, hands on his hip and sweat dripping down his face. his dank smell was a+ and it wasn't going anywhere. hopefully it wouldn't last too long and his smell would push her away. three questions top. yeah, three questions.

"the name is griffin jacobs. G-R-I-F-F-I-N J-A-C-O-B-S."

he lifted his right hand and formed some sort of finger gun with it, thumb extended. pointing right at her, he commented on her choice of accessory.

"really digging the cat case. really flows with your whole personality-vibe thing i'm getting from ya."

was this flirting? no it wasn't flirting. at least he didn't think it was. it was just some casual conversation but he was pretty oblivious to the fine line that separated regular conversation and flirting. maybe it was just both.

"what's yours?"

now the interview was going to be awkward because it was turning into more of a conversation than a questions and answers thing. woo, he was good at life.

alice moreau
female
Creative
sophomore
homosexual
thespian enthusiast
68 POSTS
“wow, that’s a cool name!” alice beamed up at him, chattering away. his name would be cooler if it were spelled the other way, though, like the mythical animal. “like, those magical animals, the eagle-lion things, y’know the ones?” yeah, he would totally get it.

alice blinked down at her phone case momentarily. “oh! thanks! i got it from my grandma!” man, her g-maw was the coolest. “she could probably get you a gryphon phone case too, because she’s just the best, y’know,”

if she noticed that she was now talking more than her interviewee, alice certainly didn’t show it. “oh, i’m sorry, i forgot to introduce myself! i’m alice! alice moreau!”

could this girl end her sentences without exclamation marks?

“oh, and what grade are you in?” alice pressed on, noticing he’d forgotten her second question in favor of released more eau de sweat into the air. or maybe she was talking too fast. nah, that probably wasn’t it.

oh, wait. she was forgetting something. alice tucked her phone under her left shoulder while she rummaged around in her tote bag, slung off the other shoulder, for her notepad. then, she attempted the rather impressive balancing act of, while standing, bag over one shoulder, phone held in place the other shoulder and head, and pad and pencil in her hands.

there. alice blinked up at the tall jock. “okay, first question! so, how long have you been playing football and what do you play?”

her pencil grazed paper, standing at attention.

male
Jock
junior
hetero
sports star
65 POSTS
Weeew lawd. This girl could talk a mile a minute. For an interviewer, she was talking more than he was! He was kind of caught off guard by how many lines she was throwing at him. Was this an interview or was this a freestyle session? Weeew.

"Yeah, that'd be cool, I guess," Griffin noted, unsure of how to feel about her throwing her grandma into it. Could have just said thanks. Don't need to be throwing more old people into his life or anything. One was already enough. Wink.

Griff never appreciated having someone mention gryphons and all that bologna. Like really, first of all, he had to google what the hell it was the first time someone mentioned it. Secondly, he didn't want to be compared to a flying lion-eagle-thing. What??

"Alice Moreau? Yeah, yeah. I've heard that name before. I think I know your boyfriend."

First time hearing that name. And probably didn't have a boyfriend. He was in.

To add on the whole 'talking more than the guy being interviewed' thing, she was awfully energetic. Never in his life had he met someone so excited to meet him. It was like some groupie meeting her idol for the first time, but he didn't really demand attention off of the football field. At least, he didn't try to.

"Uhhhhh, I'm a junior and I play quarterback. Passing the ball and stuff." Shrugging his shoulders, he forgot how mundane these things could get if there wasn't any sort of jeering question to prod his ego.

"How 'bout you? What grade are you in?" She definitely wasn't a junior, else he would have known her by now. Maybe she was a Freshman going through one of her 'phases' with the whole white hair thing. Or a sophomore. God, he hated sophomores with a passion. It was this weird hatred he held towards them. Maybe it was just some sort of complex he had or he was just completely stupid.

A little of both maybe.

alice moreau
female
Creative
sophomore
homosexual
thespian enthusiast
68 POSTS
“oh, really, you sure? you’re probably thinking about another alice, i don’t have a boyfriend, but i used to have a girlfriend—” alice paused her ramble for just a second. “but then we went to different high schools and i don’t see her any more.”

wow. didn’t mean to get real on you there all of a sudden.

focus, alice, focus! you’re on the job, here!

”oh, cool! you’re the one that kinda sticks your ass out and passes the ball through your legs, right?” she was just checking her facts. alice didn’t know much about football. “how long have you been playing?” she pressed, while scribbling furiously in her notebook. wow, did he have lint in his ear or something? he kept forgetting to answer some of her questions, which were all posed at a reasonable pace and volume.

“huh? oh, i’m a sophomore. it’s great! i’ve got really great teachers this year and everything— oh and, that reminds me!” oh, oooohh, this was a good one. alice finished her note-taking and peered back up at griffin. “so, as a student athlete, how do you balance studying and practice? you must get home awfully late! i do theatre, y’know, and our rehearsals run late a lot too, so i get it!”

her phone was shoved back into his face.

male
Jock
junior
hetero
sports star
65 POSTS
Ugh, he hated interviews. He just now realized that. In that very moment, his hatred for it dawned upon him. God, why were these a things? People outside of the sport didn't understand and he was sure she didn't quite get football. But she was alright. She was cool. He guessed.

Having just mentioned her girlfriend, Griffin's left eyebrow wiggled and waggled. There were a few thoughts crossing his mind but we won't allow those to see the light of day. It was best if it was just kept in that vault up there. And we use vault because there was a lot of hardheadedness surrounding nothing but space in there. Maybe there were a few things one would consider valuable but he wasn't really the guy to be valued. He ain't money, baby.

"Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear that," Griffin plugged into the conversation. There was nothing worse than never seeing a loved one again. Just kidding, he didn't get that concept. F**k that nonsense, right guys? "Have you tried calling her? Maybe?"

Griffin pulled up his shirt again, using the collar to wipe away some new droplets of his sweat. What a writer.

"Yeah, I'm the one that sticks his ass out for the world to see. I get to get a whiff of some fat dude's crack and boy is it lovely." He pressed the corners of his lips into his cheeks, throwing a thumbs up to solidify his sarcasm. "He's actually coming out with his own fragrance: 'Le Odor de Ass'. Quality stuff, Ali."

"But as a student athlete, I get home late, but you know the stereotype. You probably think we're all pretty stupid and that's pretty true..." Shrugging his shoulder in acceptance of the fact, he looked around trying to distract himself from the harsh reality that he was indeed stupid.

Moving the phone down and away from his face with his hand, he was unsure of how to feel about this phone being shoved in his face. It smelled like old lady too. UGH.

"How's theatre though? Y'all got a play coming up or is this like your offseason or something? Maybe you can invite your ex to come watch. I'll tag along too for funsies."

alice moreau
female
Creative
sophomore
homosexual
thespian enthusiast
68 POSTS
he didn’t sound very sorry, but that was okay, because alice wasn’t super sorry either. whatever, right? no point crying about… already drunk… milk. drank milk? dranked?

anyways, the point was that there were plenty of new friends and cute girls she had met at ridgeview to be thinking about old girlfriends. so, alice simply mumbled a few words about nothing and waved her hand, moving on.

“wow, great stuff!” alice nodded, enraptured. if she could tell that griffin was being sarcastic, she didn’t show it. “ali sounds very talented. a real entrepreneur!” she scribbled furiously in her notebook.

g. jacobs— butt sniffer
ali— the christian dior

“aw, i don’t think you guys are stupid!” alice disagreed, “we all have different talents in different things, y’know?” still, she wrote it down anyway.

football stereotypes— CONFIRMED?!?!?!?

perhaps the question marks were a little too visibly big and red on her notepad.

when griffin took even a passing interest in theatre, though, alice was happy to get diverted. she looked back up, eyes shining. “oh-em-gee, yeeees! we’re doing footloose this fall! you should totally come! it’s gonna be great!” she wasn’t too sure about the ex though. it would probably be kind of weird.

“you should bring some of your football buddies! even if they’re not the song and dance kind, it’ll be fun! have you ever seen one of our shows? you never know, you could be the next troy bolton!”

wouldn’t that be something.

male
Jock
junior
hetero
sports star
65 POSTS
Griff just kind of watched the girl freak out on her notepad. Reporters were weird in general, he guessed. The boy shrugged in his head.

"No, no. You're Ali- never mind." Woo, sometimes he wished some people weren't as stupid as him but he didn't know how stupid he was so he just wished people weren't stupid in general? It was one of those situations where ignorance was bliss but he was also ignorant so it was like the pot calling the kettle black.

To piggyback off of that 'stupid' rant, if he couldn't read Shakespearean literature as well as he had hoped, he sure as hell couldn't read a woman's vocal cues. As condescending as she was, he was cool with what she was shouting his way.

"Aw thanks," he said, slightly confused with the whole situation their conversation was discussing.

At the mention of her theatre crap though, she exploded with emotion. And words. Lots of words. Holy shit, this girl was beating him up with words. God, what a mistake. Girls were a mistake. Talking to them was a mistake.

"I'll catch a performance only if you're on stage," and insert the classic wink and finger guns here.

Pause...

"But on a serious note, I have no idea who this 'Troy Bolton' is, but I can't dance or sing so no thanks. I'll ask some of the guys to come with but I don't think they're as interested in it as I am..." If at all.

"It'd be my first. When are tickets going on sale?" Griffin showed somewhat of an interest but again, he wasn't sure how to handle her tone. It was something he would have to get used to. Different people from different places and all that stuff.
alice moreau
female
Creative
sophomore
homosexual
thespian enthusiast
68 POSTS
alice giggled. when she giggled, though, she always had the urge to cover her mouth, but as her hands were full, she had to bring her notepad up, interrupting the flow of her note-taking.

“of couuuurse i’ll be there! i’m playing—” alice put on her best southern accent. it drastically needed work. “wendy jo, ariel’s friend!” that was how she was billed, anyway.

a couple more giggles just to get the silliness out of her system. it wasn’t a huge role, as she was only a sophomore, but it wasn’t ensemble, either. when griffin mentioned his ignorance, though, alice was legitimately shocked.

“w-what?! you’ve never seen high school musical?” she gasped. she was so going to educate him today. impatiently, alice explained, “troy bolton is the main character of high school musical, the basketball superstar who secretly wants to pursue drama and the love of his life, gabriela.”

“you have to see it. high school musical is one of the classics of our generation.” alice was deadpan serious. it was kind of weird to watch, actually.

but then tickets to footloose were being mentioned and alice was all chipper immediately again. “oh! in a couple weeks, they’ll be online! you can always buy some at the door, too, of course. ohh, it’s going to be so great!”

wait. alice had the bestest idea.

“why don’t you walk me to the drama wing? i’ll give you exclusive back-stage access to the work-in-progress so you can see for yourself and get hyped!” oh, wait. she almost forgot something. “and then we can probably finish our interview on the way, too, right?”

male
Jock
junior
hetero
sports star
65 POSTS
What was that? Was that her imitation of a southern accent? Boy, she had lots of work to do. She sounded more Utah than she did Texas. She'd have to introduce her to someone who had a lick of knowledge when it came to accents because that was bad. Ugh...

"I have no who idea who that is, but it sounds exciting," Griffin smiled as he placed his hands on his hips. It was a bit of a forced facial expression but was what it was. This interview was starting to drag on quite a bit and the only thing he wanted to do was shower.

Griffin listened keenly to the whole High School Musical thing. Was it a movie or a sitcom? And this Troy Bolton dude wanting to get into drama and theatre? Like, what was the big deal here? Why couldn't he do both and just live a regular life? Jacobs didn't really account for the environmental toxicity of high school, leading him to believe that anything could be 'normal' in high school.

"Sure, I'll check it out. I'll like... download it or something. Sounds old so I'd probably need to get it on VHS, huh?" As serious as she was, Griffin kept that stern look on his face. This was all serious conversation as far as he knew. Anyone else peering in would definitely call them insane.

"Will definitely keep an eye out for those tickets, but I'd probably go by myself or something. I don't think anyone else cares for theatre stuff, ya know?" Shrug. "Do you mind if I go shower first and I'll catch up with you later?"

Pulling out the phone from the arm band he had, he slipped his finger across the screen, punched in his code and showed her the screen. On it was the number pad, waiting for her to drop her digits.

"I'll call you and let you know when I'm finished."
alice moreau
female
Creative
sophomore
homosexual
thespian enthusiast
68 POSTS
vhs? what the heck was vhs? what was it, 2007? alice let it slide, though, because griffin was clearly trying. and she appreciated a good trier! griffin looked like the best at trying.

“oh, okay! aw, shucks, i’m sure a lot of people would care about theatre if they just saw one show.” alice pouted. “drama touches the heart and ignites the fire of the soul! it unites everyone through the struggles of the human condition! it connects shakespeare and arthur miller to— oh, yeah, that’s fine, sure!”

he was starting to fester under the sun’s rays. sun-baked boy stank. not even the febreeze could linger and mask it forever.

alice, perfectly content with this solution, hurriedly stopped the recording on her phone and tucked it with her notepad under one arm. she reached out and tapped out her digits on griffin’s screen.

“okay! just text me! i’ll probably still be in the drama wing. see ya later!”

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll