MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUL
JULY UPDATES are here! read the updates & check out all the gossip at the ridgeview herald!

JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
JOCKS ASSERT THEIR PRESENCE AT THE COUNTY FAIR!

Add Reply
New Poll

one for the record books, Ven's plotter
VenOffline14 POSTS
And I won't be denied by you, The animal inside of you
sixteen
male
Sophomore
(closet) homosexual
pizza delivery guy
Members
Alexei Vasiliev
Lars Anderson
CHARACTER THREE
ice skater (boi)
sixteen ⋆ male ⋆ (closet) homosexual ⋆ loner ⋆ app
Originally from the Richmond District in SF, Alex is a Northern Californian, on the most part. Having grown up in the Russian community back in San Fran, he’s no stranger to those who share his nationality—and those who respect him for who he really is. He tries his best to stay out of trouble as much as possible, due to the fact that he knows of the hardships his parents endured when they first came to America in 1991, shortly before the fall of the USSR.

While quiet on the most part, he has an uncanny sense of intuition—inherited from his mother Tatiana. He’s not as smart as his workaholic father Ivan, but he gets by as best as he can manage. He’s a devoted (dedicated, actually) ice skater, and he hopes to all hell that nobody in Ridgeview finds out about it—it’s one of his few outlets where he can truly relax and let all the walls he puts up down as he glides out on the ice.

Despite his one passion being on the expensive side, he’s taken up a part-time job as a pizza delivery guy during the weekends, in order to get extra cash (ice skating is definitely not cheap) so as to help lessen the load of his parents paying for his one venture that makes him happy.

While he’s participated and won small-scale competitions held back in San Fran; he has yet to debut on the state-wide level, as he wants to be absolutely certain he’s capable enough before moving forward to the Seniors division (he’s currently one of the top-ranking Junior-level ice skaters in California, for those who are in the know).

FRIENDS.

If one takes the time to get to know Alex, he’s got many stories to tell. He has several interests; one of which is astronomy. Catch his attention with that (and the Space Race in particular) and you’ll have someone to easily talk to. He’s also trying to self-study Japanese, since he… well, let’s face it, he likes the culture that comes with it (asides from his own heritage).

And no, he can’t get you free pizzas from the place where he works. He can get discounts, yes, but certainly not freebies!

He’s also very knowledgeable on superstitions, so he’s got a bit of a kooky side when it comes to that. Broken mirrors, black cats out on the road, four-leaf clovers… you name it he knows it all. While he’s guarded on the most part—due to his earlier years—once you get to know him, he can be a trustworthy friend… or at the very least, a capable study partner for History classes!

name last friend
name last best friend

ENEMIES.

Although he prefers to be alone on the most part, it would take a lot to get him angry, since his fuse is much longer than most. One of the easiest ways to do that, though, is if you call either him or his parents Commies to be a racist towards him and his family. He’s had to endure quite a lot of bullying from earlier years, mostly because of his heritage.

He can (and will) hold grudges, especially if it’s his (or his family’s) pride as a Russian that gets insulted… well, be prepared to be on the receiving end of a wall of cuss words. Russian cuss words to be exact

He has a creepy smile of his own, but very few people get to see it—because said creepy smile is reserved for when he’s about to reach his breaking point. He’s not physically violent by any means; he’d just cuss whoever earned his ire out in a deepening voice…

With rivalries, he doesn’t have too many to think of… well, except fellow ice skaters he knows in the San Fran area. He has yet to encounter another who ice skates like him on a regular basis in Peachtree, so there’s something there that can be filled.

char name relationship

LOVERS.

He’s still new to the notion of exploring his emotions; although one thing for certain is that he finds the very idea of boys going out with girls a little more than strange. It’s not that he hates girls, he just finds the way they act around guys rather strange, for the most part (put it down to watching one too many cheesy “chick flicks” where the girl gets dumped after the guy finds someone else).

However, when it comes to looking at a fellow guy, he can’t help but feel… giddy. Light-headed, if you may. There’s something about guys that he can’t quite put down on; something that he finds intriguing—if not downright interesting. Even if he doesn’t attract too much attention to himself, he’s got quite an eye… for a fellow guy.

But of course, it’d take a while for him to realize that he’s actually gay. When he does find out about it, he’d rather keep it a secret—especially from his family, since he doesn’t know how they would react if and when they find out their only son isn’t really into girls. He’d definitely have crushes here and there, but due to him being inside the closet, it would take some time for him to realize that his preferences lie on the rainbow side of the spectrum.

char name relationship

the ex-delinquent
nineteen ⋆ male ⋆ bisexual ⋆ creative ⋆ app
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sed magna molestie, faucibus nunc eu, mollis tellus. Donec et metus sagittis ex vestibulum vulputate. Donec pharetra risus varius eleifend varius. In pulvinar ligula eu efficitur porttitor. Sed nisl ipsum, rhoncus at tincidunt in, elementum nec leo. Etiam ullamcorper tristique faucibus. Praesent maximus enim mauris, ac imperdiet elit faucibus eu. Nam auctor nibh et diam luctus, vel aliquet ante ultrices. Sed consequat aliquet gravida. Duis suscipit elit dui.

FRIENDS.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sed magna molestie, faucibus nunc eu, mollis tellus. Donec et metus sagittis ex vestibulum vulputate. Donec pharetra risus varius eleifend varius. In pulvinar ligula eu efficitur porttitor. Sed nisl ipsum, rhoncus at tincidunt in, elementum nec leo. Etiam ullamcorper tristique faucibus. Praesent maximus enim mauris, ac imperdiet elit faucibus eu. Nam auctor nibh et diam luctus, vel aliquet ante ultrices. Sed consequat aliquet gravida. Duis suscipit elit dui.

name last childhood best friend

ENEMIES.

char name relationship

LOVERS.

char name relationship

TAGLINE.
age ⋆ gender ⋆ sexuality ⋆ class ⋆ app

FRIENDS.

ENEMIES.

char name relationship

LOVERS.

char name relationship

MADE BY BEAR OF OOC

user posted image
VenOffline14 POSTS
sixteen
male
Sophomore
(closet) homosexual
pizza delivery guy
Members
Code below is for Ven's use!

CODE
[dohtml]<center><link href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=BenchNine" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><div style="width: 500px;"><div style="font-family: benchnine; font-size: 25px; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #FFFFF; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(151, 67, 0); text-align: left; line-height: 30px;"><font color="#7697A8">N</font>ame and @[character name here],</div><div style="width: 500px; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial; line-height: 14px; margin-top: 3px; text-align: justify; color: #FFFFF; padding: 10px; border-top: 1px solid #974300; "><br>Reply in here!</div></div></center><center><div style="font-family: calibri;font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase;"><a href="http://outofcontrolx.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showuser=287">☠queenie @ ooc</a></div></center>[/dohtml]

user posted image
twenty-seven
male
faculty
demisexual pansexual
history teacher
Members
alexei vasiliev & Fiore Chaykovsky

So i have teacher boi here. I don't really have any plots for him atm, but yay more russians!

So i think Fiore can be a good teacher role model for Alex. The fact that both are russian, but Fiore grew up in Russia, and then moved to America. Fiore's family is very military based, and they have a strong respect for russia and are very patriotic Russians.

Alex would be welcome to come to Fiore's class when there is no one around, as Fiore tends to just hand around in there when classes aren't running in that room. Fiore could be a safe place I guess for Alex if you want that? The two can also have full conversations in Russian.

If there is anything Alex needs or something, Fiore would be more than happy to help him.
HellionOffline47 POSTS
GOT A JAIL ON MY HEART FROM THE PESSIMISTS, GOT THESE NAILS IN MY MOUTH FOR IMPRESSIONISTS
Seventeen
Male
Junior
Demisexual
Family Restaurant Helper
Members

The day is coming like a pistol, that's aiming at my brain

The way ya' shining like a crystal, makes me forget the pain

jake & alexei vasiliev

FELLOW LONERS UNITE. ✊
SEPARATELY. ✊
IN THEIR OWN CORNERS OF THE SCHOOL. ✊

Yeah idk man the loner clique is like the most anti-clique sort of deal but at the same time they kind of stick together??? So I figured obv other loner knows another loner, a dog knows a dog, you know?

So Jake's semi-close with two other fellow loners, Tzila Jager and clementine santiago, and they're kind of really colorful and multicultural trio so far. Alexei could be a good addition into it, and I immediately figured he'd get along with Clem due his superstitions, and the resident goth chick would probably really feed on it. Those two are both sophomores, too!

Yes, I'm totally trying to do friend matchmaking and build a loner squad. Shake in your boots, Ridgeview student body!

If you've read about my boy Jake, you should know he's kind of easy to get along with, and you can really hit off with him if you share either any of his interests and passions or his sense of humor. Depending how Alex feels about Jake and how he receives his sarcasm, occasional snarky remark and overall abrasive speaking style, they might be something like friends...ish? I'm not sure how good Alex might be dealing with Jake's type, since longer fuse doesn't necessarily mean tolerance, and he might not exactly be a fan of Jake's quick one.

Let me know what you think, I'm also down for other type of relationships too besides the obviously positive one. I work well with anything and everything.

BY MITZI
VenOffline14 POSTS
sixteen
male
Sophomore
(closet) homosexual
pizza delivery guy
Members

Fellow comrade!

Please excuse me I nerded out for a bit there

I checked which class Fiore handles and when I saw it was AP World History and Russian 101… I can totally see Alex getting in on the fun in those classes. While he prefers to keep to himself most of the time, when it comes to these two places my boy can’t help but enjoy himself in them because, well, let’s face it… he likes world history a looooot. Especially when it gets to the part about the Cold War? Heck, he has a lot to say on the subject matter since his parents were around in the USSR that time and he’s heard a lot of stories from back home thanks to them

When it comes to Russian 101, well, I kinda imagined Alex here being like… one of the better students in class? Because of him having Russian as his first language like, when it’s discussion time, this is where he practically shines because he doesn’t have to speak in English so much and not worry about it at all!

I gotta ask, though, how old are Fiore’s parents? Maybe they know Alex’s parents (since I pegged my boy’s parents to have been born in 1969 [Ivan] and 1971 [Tatiana] respectively) so there may be a bit of a chance they’ve heard about them… *eyebrow wiggle*

Also, Alex would be thankful for Fiore because he’d be one of the few teachers who’d get that Ivanovich isn’t his surname and all (so many have messed up already and it makes him maaaad) but knowing the usual Russian trend of addressing one by their first name and otschevo he wouldn’t mind that much.

p.s. yes, his room is definitely a safe place. I don’t know if Fiore would know of Alex’s ice-skating thing, though…

Alex and Jacob Han,

Yes we are 100% loners, we know how to deal with this shit

Funny fact: Alex likes motorcycles, but doesn’t have enough to get one of his own yet. It’s kinda why he’s working weekends as a part-time pizza delivery guy. There’s also the thing that he’s delivered to the homes of students at Ridgeview on several occasions, so idk if Jacob is a pizza guy, but if he is, lmk? Because Alex has a (Secret) habit of calling people by their favorite pizza orders by accident instead of their names…

Well, it’s always good to have someone with a longer fuse being the ‘voice of reason’ especially when another tends to lose their cool rather quickly Alex just has infinite patience that way omg someone save him plis. His exposure to sass and snark was mostly influenced by the crapload of Western movies he watches when he’s not practicing out on the ice, so it ‘takes one to know one’, at least in terms of all that snark.

Yes even loners know how to have fun

To be fair, Alex doesn’t have too many friends, so getting to know other people is a definitely good start in that direction. Ohh, he’d definitely like to meet the superstitious one someday and then nerd out about the weird crap that happens *knocks on wood for good measure*!

I also have something in mind for the Han’s BBQ thing so I’ll drop that in there!

user posted image
HellionOffline47 POSTS
GOT A JAIL ON MY HEART FROM THE PESSIMISTS, GOT THESE NAILS IN MY MOUTH FOR IMPRESSIONISTS
Seventeen
Male
Junior
Demisexual
Family Restaurant Helper
Members

The day is coming like a pistol, that's aiming at my brain

The way ya' shining like a crystal, makes me forget the pain

jake & alexei vasiliev

You had me at motorcycles. Jake and Alex definitely have lot to talk about when it comes to this subject, then. The thing is, Jake's actually fairly new to motorcycle hobby itself, as he originally bought his bike as a rebellious act and he was going to sell it after couple of months giving his parents some grey hairs. But then he fell in love with it and he's been smitten with the Ducati and the bike culture ever since. Which is the beginning of last summer. Jake prefers sports bikes, and the more fast and powerful it is, the better in his opinion. Jake drives for the thrill, not for the appearance, so to him the performance of the engine comes first.

Maybe when the time comes, Jake can help Alex look for the perfect bike?

Oh Jake's definitely a pizza guy. Jake's honestly all fast food kind of guy. Unfortunately because he kickboxes semi-seriously (used to be even more serious back in NYC where he was competing) so his training regime comes with a diet so he's got to watch what he eats and how often. But you can bet he orders a pizza every now and again. He loves the pepperoni-pineapple-jalapeno combo. But you can bet he misses the authentic New York pizzas. Not that SoCal's pizzas aren't good, but... it's just not quite the same, you know?

Saint Alexei. That's gonna another one of his many nicknames, a list which is ever growing. (The Infiltrator, Fake Asian...) Sounds like these two will compliment each other pretty well. Alex is there to keep Jake cool whenever he needs it, and Jake's there to snap at anyone trying to step all over Alex whenever it seems to him like the guy's not standing up for himself enough. Because let's face it, there are for sure plenty of people who will try to use people who are more tolerant, just to see how far they're willing to bend. Jake doesn't watch that kind of stuff very kindly, especially if it's about people who are his friends, or at least something akin to that.

BY MITZI
twenty-seven
male
faculty
demisexual pansexual
history teacher
Members
alexei vasiliev & fiore chaykovsky
Yes, Fiore will always be open to talking about history and such. It's a passion of his haha.
And they can totally have full out conversations in russian if you want! I'm totally open with this!

As for Fiore's parents, his father is in his late 50s, and so is his mother. I'm not sure if their parents would know each other, since russia is a big place lol. HIs father is a retired soldier,
and his mother is a part-time nurse. So i'm not sure if their parents would know each other,
but it's all completely possible.

If you want, you can respond to Fiore's open thread? And we can start them off and see where it goes from there?
Princess MisaouOffline6 POSTS
"Someday you'll look up, While I dance on the stars"
Seventeen
Female
Senior
Demisexual
Yearbook Editor-in-chief
Members
Let us meet,
and dance on the ice~
Heya Ven! I'm Misa (or Artemis as you might have seen me on P.I.) Hellion was actually the one to direct me to your sugary cute Russian boy. Our characters have some things in common so I'd love to plot with you. One of the main things our characters have in common is the ice. Camilla is a figure skater as well and a several time gold medalist at that. However, the difference is that Camilla has started to view ice skating as a chore and Alex sees is as a way of escape.

I blame her parents though. Camilla can't just skate for fun or to relax. She has to be perfect, flawless, she has to win. And that's pretty much all she's known. She does appreciate the sport greatly, however. She's always performed well solo because at least all the work and effort is on her. But her mother has been dying (dying I say) for her to find a good partner to compete with. Sure there have been some that are skilled but if there isn't a connection between the two and a relationship built on trust it just won't work out. That's how's it's been for Mila. She's a bit difficult to get along with and would honestly work alone. But if you're down for it I would love to pursue this and see how they could be if they were partners.

Perhaps they could meet by accident? Alex stumbling in on one of her privates with her coach. Or maybe the opposite. Alex skates early in the morning right? So does Mila, maybe they could run into each other at the same time! Let me know your thoughts on this! xD

+ tagsalexei vasiliev
+ notesThis makes me want to watch Yuri on Ice lol~
BY MITZI
VenOffline14 POSTS
sixteen
male
Sophomore
(closet) homosexual
pizza delivery guy
Members
Alex and Camilla Lumikko,

Hello fellow ice skater!

I was actually excited when I gave your character profile a skim when it first appeared (like, more ice skaters around Peachtree, hell yes), and now that you’ve gone into a little more in-depth explanation about why Camilla treats ice skating like it is, Alex can see where she’s coming from. Unlike her drive to win, Alex gives it his all; you win some, you lose some—as long as he knows he tried his best, then he’s pretty much content with his own progress.

I don’t know if Camilla would have ever heard of Alex in the competition circles (seeing as she’s from LA and he’s from SF—at the very least Alex is known in the SF area), but he’s definitely watched some of the state-wide competitions so her name would be at the very least, familiar to him? There’s also another reason why he has yet to compete in a state-level competition; he’s still trying to come to terms with his level of skill before actually taking the plunge and just going for it so he can rank up and join the Seniors (as he’s still in the Junior rankings as of present time).

He’s definitely familiar with the concept of pair skating, and considering the way he’s growing, it wouldn’t be a surprise if he did end up trying to look for a partner to actually skate with. The lucky thing about this is that Alex has the patience of a saint (it takes a lot for him to lose his cool, to be honest); and while he can be irritable at times, most of the good traits outweighs the bad, so there’s potential room there. Not only that, he’s also quite the understating one as well!

Also, I don’t know how Camilla (and her parents by extension) would react when they find out Alex is gay. Would it throw a wrench into the potential partnership? While Alex doesn’t see his own preferences and orientation to be quite a problem, I don’t know how Cam’s family would see that little dynamic.

Interestingly enough I was planning on making a thread in the Peachtree downtown with Alex out on the ice, getting his morning practice down before heading out to school. What do you think of them meeting there?

user posted image
Princess MisaouOffline6 POSTS
"Someday you'll look up, While I dance on the stars"
Seventeen
Female
Senior
Demisexual
Yearbook Editor-in-chief
Members
Do you,
trust me?
I would say Camilla's only ever paid attention to her competition so if Alex was a "threat" and someone she needed to keep an eye out for then she would've known who he was. But from what I see you're saying that the two of them are in two different divisions so I don't think she would've known who he was. Simply because she was too busy working hard against the competition in her division if that makes sense.

The beauty of partner skating is that despite individual skill this style has divisions of their own so they would be on equal footing. And honestly, it's great that he has the patience of a saint. He's gonna need all of that when dealing with Camilla. While Camilla is slow to anger or at least showing it, she still quite the difficult the person to work with. Not to mention it would do Camilla some good to see someone who's so passionate about the sport. Right now she's just the type of person who works her ass off till she can't anymore. And then get's right back up to push herself even further.

As I said on discord, Camilla is bicurious, though she doesn't know that herself yet, not to mention the fact that she generally just doesn't care about how other people live their lives, the fact that Alex is gay won't bother her one bit. Just because they're partners doesn't mean they will be together. Despite how it might be perceived by the masses.

As for her parents, they wouldn't like it but that doesn't mean they'll intervene. If his homosexuality turns out to be a distraction then they might get vocal. But as long as Alex is carrying his weight and winning, they could care less. Though of course, in public, because he's bound to be around press because of Camilla's reputation, so he'll be big news, they'll expect him to act accordingly.

"You two could hate each other for all we care, but once that camera turns on--" "No even before that when you think you're being watched--" "You love each other. Got it?" <<< Would be how her parents would respond to that. As for the thread, I don't mind popping in. xD Sounds like a good idea. xD This would be the first time they would be meeting correct?

+ tagsalexei vasiliev
+ notesThis makes me want to watch Yuri on Ice lol~
BY MITZI
jawnOffline38 POSTS
if you were a potato, you'd be a good potato #flirting101 #nailedit
male
sophomore
pansexual
student
Loner
alexei vasiliev &
max
Calling shenanigans on the "Left-handed Desk" idea you have with Max!

Alex is ambi, but he tends to write more with his left. So, sooner or later he's bound to run into someone else who's [i]also a leftie, and it's inevitable they'd end up fighting over the few left-handed desks that are around.

While Alex can also write with his right, he's much faster with his left hand, so it'd be interesting to see how these two would scuffle for that last desk...

I imagine this'd happen in a class which Max would actually attend, so... it can be anywhere, honestly. Let me know what you think, and then maybe from there we can build up plots?[/i]

First of all, thanks for giving my plotter some love! <3

Alex and Max are both sophomores so they'll most likely run into each other. Perhaps, they should be classmates after all. Max could always be trying to get into Alex's social circle knowing how incredibly 'flirty' Max is. Max sees this lefty desk feud as the start of his plan to penetrate Alex's loner bubble.

Let me know what you think.
vharlinOffline6 POSTS
wear your iciness like a shroud, never let them see what truly lies within.
seventeen
male
junior
demisexual/demiromantic
doing nerd things
Members
Alex and Hiro Take'shi,

btw, i reply on your plotter and you reply on mine. <3

so i utterly live for the unrequited love stories and apparently just like hurting myself. c,: hiro would be super awkward if alex confessed to him - he'd feel flattered internally, but he'd have to break it to the precious boy that he was only interested in women. i'm the angst queen here so i am down for this plot.

i also like the idea that alex would avoid hiro, because i totally would in this case and that hiro feels a bit of an emptiness. it would be canon for him to become used to something or tolerate someone for so long that it would feel even more empty when they were gone. hiro wouldn't chase him per sey. but rather just admit that he enjoys his company. hiro is just the put it out there sort of type for those he feels he's made a genuine connection with.

so alex could try to tell hiro that smoking is bad for him, but hiro probably won't listen. he adapted his smoking habit from his father, so it was a bonding experience for them constantly as they deal with the hell that was his mother. hiro would never smoke around alex once he found out that his uncle has passed, as respect and would probably placate him, but not quit. though who's to say really? even hiro is capable of change.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll