MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
COMING SOON
JAN 21 — NEW YEAR'S EVE BALL IS OVER! thanks everyone for participating and PM BEAR if your character did not get their award!

JAN 08 — NEW SKIN! as always, pm bear for bugs!

influence
FRINGES STARTING TO CATCH UP FROM WINNING THE SNOWDOWN SNOWBALL FIGHT!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Add Reply
New Poll

dust turns to gold, closed; foxtrot band only
Julia Tatiana
IS CURRENTLY
0 POSTS

It was well into the afternoon on the weekend and while most kids were getting prep for hitting the parties, the clubs, the streets in general, Julia Tatiana was lounging on a couch in her pajamas. Black pajama pants with a white cat face emoji pattern all over them and a simple white tank top, good quality pajamas. The ideal set for a day of lazy lounging after her mother left for the week to go on some trip for work. It was just Julia, her bowl of Lucky Charms, and cartoons for most of the day until she took notice of the time.

It was then that she remembered that she had invited Niko and Flynn to come to her place for practice today and the young woman just sank down on the couch. Right, she'd have to get up, get dressed, answer the door and... There was a pause, before she just pulled out her phone to shoot a text at tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

doorz unlocked, let urselvs n. im n the basement

Then she dropped her phone on the couch beside her and resumed her lounging position. They've seen her in pajamas before, so y'know what? She was gonna do band practice in her pajamas. Yes, good plan. She'd just need to put on like slippers, because the cold metal of the pedal on her drumset was not comfortable when pressed against bare skin. Good plan, good plan. She even patted herself on the back at the thought.

Then came the fact she invited over a couple of teenage boys who probably had the appetites of black holes and her eyes slowly turned towards the various cabinets her mother habitually kept stocked of snacks in the bar area for the occasional party that was hosted here. She could get up and start setting up some snack bowls, or just tell them to help themselves.

There was a long pause of consideration, before Julia just looked back at the TV. Maybe during the next commercial break... Maybe.

niko gomez & flynn diarmuid
BY EDWARD OF OOC
flynn diarmuid
IS CURRENTLY
0 POSTS
kids in the dark
they left us alone to burn out forever or light up a spark we come together state of the art we will never surrender kids in the dark so let the world sing oh oh what a shame what a shame beautiful scars on critical veins
The text notification had interrupted the chorus of the song blasting through his earphones, irritating to say the least. Flynn glanced at his phone, typing a quick 'k. send limo for us nxt time' before slipping it back into his pocket. He was already turning down the pristine streets to Jules' house anyway, shouldering the strap of his guitar case as headed down for practice. Rehearsal at Jules' place was the only time he ever found himself in the upper-class neighbourhood of Whitespire. In his unbuttoned shirt and ratty jeans he must have looked horribly out of place, but the Diarmuid boy had never been one to care about how he appeared.

The guitarist still felt a sense of awe wash over him as he strode up to the grand doors of his bandmate's manor, pushing it open to quietly marvel at the lavish interior. He just found it difficult to believe that their mild-mannered, down-to-earth drummer lived in a place as grandiose as a Whitespire mansion. By fragments of memory and sheer luck Fly managed to make his way down to the basement, following the sound of the television to find Jules sprawled on the couch in her pjs. "Dude, if it was pj practice you should've told me," He said, settling his guitar safely by the bar before moving to settle himself on the couch next to her. "Move your feet or I'll sit on 'em." Once Niko showed up they'd probably get right into the swing of things, so he figured he may as well take the time to laze about with the drummer until their bassist arrived. "Still can't believe you live here," He hummed, nudging her with an elbow. "If you ever need a roommate just call me, 'kay?" The basement itself was bigger than his family's apartment!

Julia Tatiana niko gomez | flynn "still can't believe ur rich" diarmuid
bear IS CURRENTLY Offline
you've got a new horizon it's ephemeral style, a melancholy town where we never smile
male
Delinquent
junior
homosexual
bassist
43 POSTS
niko whistled a little jaunty tune to himself as he made the trek through whitespire hill to julia’s house from the outskirts of the neighborhood, where the closest bus stop was. every individual house sat on a lot that he was pretty sure was double the size of the lot of the apartment complex he grew up in, so there was a lot of walking to do.

a little ding from his back pocket interrupted his thoughts, which were mostly centered around ideas for their next original song. niko glanced at his phone quickly before tucking it away again. it wasn’t as if he’d been planning on knocking in the first place.

it was another ten minutes or so before he finally made it up to the gleaming, white-columned tatiana mansion. niko paused before heading inside to look up at the marble-faced exterior, just for a second.

jesus. this was like, the dream. if (when) they made it big, niko was gonna head back to peachtree and buy his momma a giant mansion right next to julia’s.

“what’s up, dudes?” niko yelled his appearance, but because he wasn’t totally uncultured, made sure to knock on the basement door as he swung it open.

he found the other two members of foxtrot sprawled out on the two couch tucked deeper into the basement. “heyy,” the bassist grinned, slinging his instrument off of his back and resting it onto the shoulder of julia’s couch.

“we gonna jam or what?”

i don't know where you're going but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
Julia Tatiana
IS CURRENTLY
0 POSTS

The only back fire of telling these boys to just welcome themselves into the place was the lack of a warning before Flynn would waltz through the door to where she was lounging. Jumping a little, she quirked a brow at him and moved her feet just in time for him to drop and sit on the couch. Once he took his seat by her though, she immediately set her legs back where they were - meaning her legs were now on his lap.

As he elbowed her, she blinked and tilted her head with a small curious look. "Is it really that surprising?" she mumbled before taking her next bite of cereal. A lot of her friends expressed surprise and many even seemed uncomfortable the moment they came to this place - it was really weird to her, honestly. His joking remark about the potential of him being her roommate made her hum in consideration. While she'd never really need a roommate, and even if she did, she'd never pick someone as messy and chaotic as Flynn, she jokingly remarked "This place is so big and my mom is always so busy, you could pretty much move in without her realizing it."

Then a yell caught her attention and she glanced to the side towards the source of some movement in the basement. A few moments went by and there emerged Niko from the archway into the main entertainment space of the basement. The large living space complete with the flat screen her and Flynn were lounging in front of, the bar, a pool table, a dining space, and floor to ceiling windows and a sliding glass door that lead to an actual in ground pool in the back yard.

Waving at Niko as he made his way over towards them, she turned her head to look back at the bass guitar being leaned against the couch with a soft hum of curiosity. "Of course, I finally got a room set up fully for us to use. Took a while because my mom lost her mind when I started to do it without telling her" she explained with a shrug, and another bite of her cereal. Sliding her feet from Flynn's lap, she finally got up - cereal still in her hands - and began to make her way deeper into the basement. Heading towards one of the doors to the side of the large space, She let go of her spoon long enough to open the door and show a surprisingly empty room with her drum set up in the back of it.

It was a smaller space than the entertainment room they'd been in before - which meant the sound would be much more contained. There was various band posters on the wall and a few speakers and amps set up around the room. A table set up with a few music sheets strewn about, and a TV mounted on the wall. A solid space for playing that Julia simply gestured to with her hand rather than some sort of fan of her arm. No big flashy show, just a gesture right before going right back to her cereal and looking back at Niko and Flynn if they had followed her. "This work for you?"

BY EDWARD OF OOC

flynn diarmuid
IS CURRENTLY
0 POSTS
kids in the dark
they left us alone to burn out forever or light up a spark we come together state of the art we will never surrender kids in the dark so let the world sing oh oh what a shame what a shame beautiful scars on critical veins
It was always fun to surprise Jules, as long as he wasn't within hitting range when he did it - the little jump she did when he entered made him grin before he settled down, unfazed as she draped her legs over his. Just less reason to get up, as far as he was concerned, meaning if she wanted something she would have to get it instead of sending him. "Hell yeah it's that surprising!" Flynn insisted. "Seriously, you're so down-to-earth, I would've never guessed you lived in a friggin' mansion," Gesturing outside with a vague wave of his hand he continued, voice grave. "You have a pool, Jules. A pool." Baby blue eyes lit up as Jules seemed to contemplate it. "Dude. Jules. Are you saying I could move in and it wouldn't be a problem?" Because holy shit he would move into this glorious basement in a damn heartbeat. Not to mention that he might actually be able to lessen the financial load on his mum (and Violet) if he could find a place to stay.

The yell distracted the guitarist from his train of thought, flashing a grin at Niko as he appeared through the door. "Hey, man," Flynn raised a hand in greeting, twisting around to look at his friend as he approached the couch."Sweet, let's do it." The mention of a new room sparked the blond's curiosity, and he jumped up after Juli stood, grabbing his guitar from its resting place before following the pjyama-clad drummer.

Fly whistled approval, taking in the little room. It wasn't as grand as the rest of the house but that was what made it perfect for them, he figured, and it would suit their needs much better. "The posters were a good touch." He hummed.

you've got a new horizon it's ephemeral style, a melancholy town where we never smile
male
Delinquent
junior
homosexual
bassist
43 POSTS
when flynn raised his hand in greeting, niko brought his up as well and gave him a light-hearted fist-bump, but turned back when julia got up to head to their new practice room. niko cracked a grin as he took in his drummer’s choice in clothing. “spirit week starts tomorrow, cheerleader,” he teased, though he was a little jealous of how comfortable she looked. he had a shift right after this so he had forced himself to look at least somewhat presentable.

his bass went right back over his shoulder as niko followed behind his bandmates, eyebrows arched and expectations unknown.

it was perfect.

his face slowly breaking into a huge grin, niko turned and took in the posters, the tv, the equipment. duuuuude,” was the only thing he could get out for a few solid moments. to his right, he heard flynn whistle his approval as well.

after a few more seconds of admiring, niko turned to face the pink-haired girl. “this place is hella kick-ass, my friend,” he shook his head, a little disbelieving. “you did this for us?”

his heart was just ‘bout to melt.

Julia Tatiana
IS CURRENTLY
0 POSTS

At Flynn's question about whether or not he could seriously move in, Julia merely gave a dismissive shrug in response. Honestly, she wouldn't be surprised if he could - it'd last for like a month before her mother would undoubtedly notice the rambunctious blond was sure popping up around the house a lot more often than he used to. Then it'd be another month before she'd finally realize why.

That'd be funny.

Then came Niko's quip about spirit week starting tomorrow and calling her a cheerleader. She shot him a small look, pouting a little, but snorting and shaking her head. Of course that was all in good fun, so she didn't counter it for now. She was probably going to change here in a bit anyways... Maybe. These were comfy, it was Saturday, so, who knows?

Regardless, they'd moved on and Julia was in the process of witnessing her band mates take in the room she had had set up for them. It used to be a guest bedroom that was pretty much never used, so she figured it'd be okay to take over. There was plenty of guest rooms to spare in this house with her sisters having all moved out, anyways.

A whistle and a duuuude of awe, and a small smile graced the little drummer's face as the two were clearly pleased with what she presented to them. Nibbling on the last of her Lucky Charms, she set the bowl and spoon down before looking to Niko curiously when he asked if she had done this for them. Her expression was one of brief confusion - as though she thought the answer should be obvious.

"Of course, dude. I mean, you guys got me really into this whole gig - like hell I'm gonna half ass it?" she countered with a clear 'duh' tone. She smiled a bit broader, the usually passive and withdrawn Julia looking notably brighter today with their clear approval. "It's still a bit of a work in progress since I'm still trying to figure out how exactly proper studios set up for this kind of stuff, but uh..." A small shrug as she gestured around, "Feel free to set up your stuff, though?"

BY EDWARD OF OOC

flynn diarmuid
IS CURRENTLY
0 POSTS
kids in the dark
Honestly Flynn had no idea how to take the shrug Juli offered as an answer. Yes? No? Could he take that as a yes? He could mull it over later, he decided, snickering at Niko's cheerleader comment as they moved into their new practice room. Jules had really gone all out on this, hadn't she? The whole room radiated this "rock on" vibe, like some sort of professional recording studio, and it was really starting to hype the boy up. Fly turned back to the girl with a grin, catching the small smile that had graced her lips. "We're gonna kick some serious musical ass in here," He declared. Already excitement was bubbling up in him - with a studio like this, they had to be one step closer to the big time, right? Right. "Jules, you're the friggin' best!" They'd never had anything even remotely this awesome to practice in before.

'Work-in-progress'? So she wanted to make this place even more awesome?The guitarist couldn't even begin to picture it. Settling his case at the back of the room, Flynn grabbed his guitar, taking a minute to test the amp he plugged her into. The few chords he strummed were crisp and clear in the space of the makeshift studio, unlike the last few rooms they'd practised in, letting the sound bounce and get lost. It was official - Jules had outdone herself. The boy looked back at his bandmates, expression serious. "I'm this close to crying right now."

Standing up, Fly couldn't keep his enthusiasm controlled for long, looking from Niko to Jules and back. "Okay, so what's the plan for today?" He couldn't wait to hurry up and actually practise and become famous rock stars already.

male
Delinquent
junior
homosexual
bassist
43 POSTS
jeeeez. niko had to force the tears back. they’d never had a place this nice before. he remembered the ol’ days of foxtrot, where they dragged their stuff out to the alley in the middle of the night to practice and their only audience was midnight raccoons. things had been looking up when they’d actually been allowed the music room at school to practice, but this? this was miles above that.

they were one step closer to his dream, baby.

niko couldn’t stop turning his head between taking in the sheer amazingness of the room and back at his band members. jules was right. they were missing a couple of important things— including their vocalist who’d had a math-something-or-other to get to today. “hell yea, it’s a work in progress! we’re missing avi, and diego, an’… an’…”

he cut himself off with a wobbly smile at flynn. “if you start bawlin’, i’m gonna start, and i ain’t gonna stop.”

aw, hell. might as well.

before he could start crying for real, niko spread his arms and ushered his two bandmates into a bone-crushing, full-of-feeling hug. “we’re gonna make it big, starting in this room,” he promised.

when he let go, niko was beaming again, and he brought the sleeve of his hoodie up to wipe away at his eyes. he turned and spotted his bass, which he slung back over his shoulder, and extracted a few crumpled-up sheets of paper from his case. some were on notebook paper or on the back of school worksheets, but all had messy pen scribbles covering every available space.

“i was thinking we’d get on our cover of immortals so we have it ready for our gig next friday, yeah? then i got some new songs i wanna show ya’ll, too…”

i didn't wanna exclude avi even tho he's not in this thread :< also im referring to immortals by fall out boy lmao

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll