A SLICE OF LIFE HIGH SCHOOL CLIQUES ROLEPLAY
OCT
secret santas have been assigned! check your pms and this thread for some guidelines for the event! have fun with the giving and receiving, guys!

OCT
check out october updates! also, don't forget to buy some candygrams and sign up for secret santa!

[ WINTER ]
DEC '17
[ STAFF ]
[ EVENT ]
secret
santa
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
[ INFLUENCE ]
all cliques are currently evenly matched.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Wildfire!, Pangsy's plotters
6 POSTSALIAS PANGSYCURRENTLY Offline
欠けたものを探した、そんな自分を変えたい
male
junior
questioning
all-around part-timer
Members
CLICK THE ID CARDS!

Ridgeview High
Peachtree City, California
Raiden Yayoi
Student No. 302

Grade: Junior
DOB: 03-23-2000
Issued: 05-27-2017
Expires: xx-xx-xxxx
friends
Despite being seen as a loner, Raiden isn't really one by choice. With the way his voice easily rises when agitated and a rather bitchy resting face, he at first blush can come across as intimidating and aggressive, even when he is anything but. He actually has friends, but they're mostly children, elderly, or animals, and his perpetually busy schedule can discourage him from actually making friends with people his age. The fact that he can be a little shy around people of the same age hardly helps too.

Nevertheless, if anyone does manage to get past Raiden's seemingly tough defenses, they can be sure that he'll be one loyal friend ready to help whenever they're in need. (Just...give it time to adjust to how he expresses his affections.)
lovers
Despite being a healthy teenager, Raiden has not had the time to pay much attention to the idea of romance, although he's not entirely shut himself away from it. Sure, he's had some crushes here and there (both male and female), but never has he seriously considered falling in love with a particular someone. It could be because of his own idea that he still has to watch over his siblings even when they can stand on their own already or the fact that mayyybbeee he's just mildly intimidated by the entire thing. Even so, he's begun to think about prospects, at the same time gradually coming to terms with his sexuality.

The only thing here is Raiden is a complete fool when it comes to interpreting people's advances toward him. It can be a bit difficult to get across to him that one's interested in him as a partner, and once he realizes the compliments are genuine, it's quite easy to turn him into one huge blubbering, blushing mess.
enemies
As much as possible, Raiden hates making enemies, but his appearance and demeanor has made that a difficult thing to achieve over the years. He's gotten into a handful of fights he never wanted (and that managed to get him to ready himself just so the next fight, if it ever happens, doesn't end with him completely mauled like the first time), and even when he does his best not to step on others' toes or get in their way, it can be just a matter of time before his stern expression or loud voice gets misinterpreted by somebody. He'll do his best to clear up misunderstandings, but he doesn't exactly have a stellar track record in doing that. He usually just makes things a teeenny bit worse, unfortunately.

Ridgeview High
Peachtree City, California
Gabriel Gutierrez
Student No. 305

Grade: Freshman
DOB: 06-xx-2001
Issued: 05-30-2017
Expires: xx-xx-xxxx
friends
Gabby is easy to be friends with since he just thrives being around people. Coming from a big family with close ties to their extended relatives, he's used to navigating around people and socializing. He may feel like a fish out of water for some time after his big move to the states, but he's gradually adjusting to his new surroundings and is looking for people to hang out with. He'll definitely appreciate someone who shares his passion for swimming aaannd probably the Little Mermaid while we're at it.
lovers
Despite giving off the confidence of someone who has at least ten exes under his belt, Gabby's only true claim to anything remotely passing off as a romance was a girl in kindergarten with whom he held hands. Suffice to say he hasn't had much luck in the area, always getting fooled or having someone chosen over him or not even getting any chance to confess his feelings in the first place. (His last big burn was a girl in his high school circle of friends, who ended up with his best friend. Neither found out about Gabby liking her OR the fact that his best friend was one of his earliest big crushes---and Gabby made sure they never did. He's honestly happy for them both.) Despite his cheery demeanor and the flirty attitude, Gabby's pretty much accepted a grim outlook on the future of his love life. Doesn't stop him from flirting with all the people who catch his eye though; the only question is whether he could take it when someone seriously reciprocates.
(On a side note, Gabby's got a major thing for strong and domineering personalities, not like that's something he'd broadcast.)
enemies
Gabby normally doesn't like having enemies, but he can be very touchy about the smallest things, like being relatively old for his year or just looking different. He's a very vain boy too, so anyone picking on his looks (come on, his skincare routine is no laughing matter!) is sure to catch his ire. However, that won't probably go beyond petty teenage squabbles.

Matters concerning his family or even family relationships in general are very important to him, though, so anyone badmouthing any of his relatives especially his mother should be prepared, his "not the face" rule be damned.
16 POSTSALIAS HestiaCURRENTLY Offline
Our eyes strike lightning when they meet, you are the move, the spark that's driving me insane
seventeen
male
senior
heterosexual
student
Elite
cedric schwarzer & Raiden Yayoi
I doubt that these two will get along at first - mostly because of what you've written about his demeanor (and my boy will, unfortunately, assume that Raiden is mentally insulting him). However, I remember reading that Raiden would like to learn kendo in the "Asian Buffet" group plotter? Like I said there, maybe they could learn to get along through that. Cedric has won a few competitions so he could definitely help with it...and maybe Ced will realize that Raiden wasn't trying to offend him in any way and that maybe the guy's face just naturally looks like that.

Honestly, I don't know where the heck I was going with this.
欠けたものを探した、そんな自分を変えたい
male
junior
questioning
all-around part-timer
Members

Raiden Yayoi & cedric schwarzer

Raiden's wary of people he considers "flashy," and Cedric seems to fit that bill for him. Raiden would be curt and avoidant and may come across as snobbish or judgmental because of his expression.

Despite wanting to learn kendo, he isn't exactly caught up with news about it, so he would not know Cedric. They could probably meet at a local dojo with Raiden finally working up the courage to sign up for formal classes? Or maybe a small competition/exhibition? He'd be doubtful of Cedric's skill since he doesn't fit his image of a disciplined kendoka, but upon seeing his skill, Raiden may ask him for help. He's a determined young man, so hopefully he manages to impress Cedric somehow.

Our eyes strike lightning when they meet, you are the move, the spark that's driving me insane
seventeen
male
senior
heterosexual
student
Elite
Cedric Schwarzer & Raiden Yayoi
There's nothing typical about Cedric - so he wouldn't be all that surprised by people doubting his skill in kendo. The only reason he even has the amount of skill that he has is due to his grandfather's teachings, anyway.

To be honest, Cedric probably wouldn't learn about Raiden's interest until seeing him at the dojo anyway. I think it would be something that I'd want to see play out, though.
64 POSTSALIAS bearCURRENTLY Offline
running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, i wanna be your left-hand man
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Fringe
Gabriel Aga Gutierrez & marina de la rey

hello so gabriel wants to be a pro swimmer??

okay okay so. marina comes from a really big family made up of mostly fishermen/sailors, but in the most recent decades they've churned out a lot of professional swimmers. one of her older brothers is on the us national swim team, actually. so i'm gonna say that someone in her family like an uncle or something is a pro swimming instructor in peachtree?? so maybe gabriel comes to her family for lessons and stuff??

marina herself doesn't wanna be a pro swimmer (she wants to join the us navy after graduation) but she could definitely help push/train with gabriel? since she's also captain of the swim team this year, rofl. idk. if they see each other so much at swim practice for school and then gabriel coming to her family to train professionally the whole de la rey family would just adopt him ROFL. idk i just think a cute sibling-esque relationship would be really cute since marina's like, the youngest so having a "younger bro" would be good for her :") lemme kno what u think!!
欠けたものを探した、そんな自分を変えたい
male
junior
questioning
all-around part-timer
Members

I forgot that they're both gonna be part of Jacob's restaurant group, so would it be better for you if they see each other first there or on a separate thread? 8D

Gabriel Aga Gutierrez + marina de la rey

yesssss omg becoming a pro swimmer is Gabby's biggest reason for moving to America. He's got a lot of talent but has gotten rusty with lack of practice, but if a trainer could pick him up, that would be the best!(*´▽`*)I've also been meaning to sign him up as a member of the swim team, so maybe he and Marina could meet and interact there too. He'd probably be starstruck to know her as coming from a family of swimmers. The sibling relationship is definitely interesting too since Gab's a middle kid and all the cousins he's with at home are younger than him.
seventeen
male
senior
heterosexual
student
Elite
Cedric Schwarzer & Raiden Yayoi
Probably the restaurant would be a better start? His family certainly loves the place - even his brat of a cousin. Then, a separate thread afterward, maybe?
64 POSTSALIAS bearCURRENTLY Offline
running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, i wanna be your left-hand man
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Fringe
Gabriel Aga Gutierrez & @marina

omg yes!! marina’s family would just like, love to adopt him LOL. kid’s really dedicated to swimming so like?! one of us! one of us! one of us! and marina would be excited to have a younger bro to tease hehehe.

I was gonna ask if you wanted to thread, but I noticed you had an open up in the community pool? would you mind if I jumped in there and we could do some marina/gabe swim-bonding experiences?? :>
16 POSTSALIAS Princess MisaouCURRENTLY Offline
...Tired of being sick and tired. And letting all these negative thoughts collide,
Female
Freshman
demisexual
Student/LifeGuard
Nerd
ZURI & GABRIEL,

So Gabs is just adorable and I have to have my Zuri have a relationship. (I already fell hard in love with Gabs, you can't get rid of me now lol. ) Plus you quoted my favorite movie in your app, of course I have to come plot with you now :D (Howl's Moving Castle is love) Anyway they're both freshman and both kind of have personalities that would compliment each other. And another thing that makes this work is that we already have a thread with them (the event thread) I for sure want them to be friends but we can build on that IC. Since Zuri is a lifeguard during the seasons maybe she can hook him up with a job on the side when he's not teaching people to swim. Bringing in a little extram monies y'know? :D They're both dramatic and obnoxious as hell so I think they can get along. I think she'd find it interesting his situation and would definately want to learn more about him. Idk, let me know what you think, we can brainstorm some other things if you'd like.

Gabriel Aga Gutierrez
20 POSTSALIAS PangsyCURRENTLY Offline
They'll break you ten ways to Sunday, and eleven to Monday, my dear
sixteen
male
freshman
pansexual
student/swim instructor
Fringe

That sounds awesome to me (*^▽^*)

Gabriel Aga Gutierrez + marina de la rey

I wouldn't mind you joining the thread! It's good timing I suppose since they get to know each other's skill as swimmers :D Edit: Gabi has joined that thread, but if you're fine with it, Marina and Gabby can still meet there 8D (Marina's getting twice the Gabby if ever xD)

And I think Gabby would be very happy to be a pseudo member of the de la Reys (*≧▽≦)

Gabriel Aga Gutierrez + Zuri Larson

Aaaaa thank you for liking my blue child <3 and I'm very open to him being friends with Zuri! She looks so cute :D (and hooray for Howl! That line is Gabby's forever motto in life xD) Gabby would most likely see Zuri like a little sister despite their close age (well, he's kind of a little old as a freshman *cough*) They could find a common thread with belonging to big families too, and Gabby will surely appreciate Zuri helping him land a lifeguard job! He can finally go live out Baywatch.
10 POSTSALIAS kumoCURRENTLY Offline
i'm just a shaking hand without a concrete plan
sixteen
female
junior
bisexual(?)
receptionist
Members
hey pangsy~ just wanted to throw my lil naomi at your two wonderful characters to see what you think.

>>Raiden Yayoi & naomi
Both of them have that 'tough/cold outside, soft and squishy inside' personality which makes me want to put them together somehow. Naomi would probably feel like she could understand Raiden, being rather similar to him. The only thing is that Nao probably wouldn't approach him at school, what with trying to focus on fitting in with the cool kids and stuff. Depending on what other jobs Raiden has, she could potentially be a regular at one or some of them? She does a lot of errands for her aunt, being the only kid in their household now, so she'd have lots of excuses to run all over the place. I was hoping to throw Naomi into the Asian Buffet plot if it's not too late, so there could be that at the very least.

Other than that I'd love if they could somehow bond or connect over Sailor Moon?? It might need to wait until if/when Naomi kind of loses popularity or something unless she lets it slip somehow. Or (and this could be a stretch) maybe she could commission something for Raiden?? She is getting into making props, but she could also do art and whatnot too. Depends if he would buy it. Idk!! Just throwing ideas out.

>>gabby & naomi
These two don't have a ton in common except for the fact that they're both fringe kids. I'm not sure Naomi would really pay much attention to him since he's a freshman, but she's definitely open if you can use her for any ideas or plots you had!

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and sorry it's kind of all over the place Dx

...Tired of being sick and tired. And letting all these negative thoughts collide,
Female
Freshman
demisexual
Student/LifeGuard
Nerd
ZURI & GABRIEL,

Yay! I'm glad they can be friends. He looks like someone who can make her laugh that's always a bonus. And age is just a number to Zuri. She has friends who flunked grades doesn't make them any less than someone else. In fact, for her, even though she's a freshman she takes upper level classes having finished her Freshman requirements. Which is why she doesn't know her freshman class that well.(She's hardly around) So she wouldn't care how old he is. And if anyone was gonna make fun of him for it she'd kick them in the shins. xD And yeah I mean we can even thread that in your open thread. Once she sees how well he can swim she'd be like O_O and tell her boss. Of course she'll give him the hook up. They're always in need of more lifeguards :D

Gabriel Aga Gutierrez
欠けたものを探した、そんな自分を変えたい
male
junior
questioning
all-around part-timer
Members
Raiden & Naomi Lau

I can definitely see them forging an odd bond in terms of how they deal with who they really are versus how other people perceive them to be. They're kind of opposites in a way? Raiden's exterior isn't exactly something he works on to maintain and he's more accepting of the parts of himself that don't exactly fit in with most people's expectations (Hello Kitty and Sailor Moon ftw), although he does deal with being discriminated against for being Asian, while Naomi seems more to push her "unpopular" parts aside and maintain a "cool" image.

Raiden isn't exactly a cosplayer himself, although he's quite a regular at cons (since his sister also tables and sells stuff a lot of times), so one scenario I could think of is him seeing a cosplayer who had props commissioned from Naomi (bonus points if they were Sailor Moon) and him admiring how well made they were, and then the cosplayer telling him about Naomi, whom he finds out goes to his school. He'll try to contact her to commission a Sailor Moon staff for a room display and ends up risking outing her side work to her group of friends or something. And probably form an unlikely friendship with her along the way? (tbh Raiden might feel slightly scandalized at the idea that anybody would be ashamed of Sailor Moon xDDDDD)

Gabby + Zuri Larson

Tbh it'd be fun to see Gabby expecting Zuri to be a shy little girl he'd protect like a little sister only for her to end up actually being the one who's able to protect him instead. (The little snippets in the chat I see between you and Fonz is gradually making me realize how unexpectedly badass Zuri can be xD. Gabby's definitely in for a ride with how hardcore the other freshmen are.) At the very least, he'd be thankful for someone who won't make fun of him for being older than the usual. If he officially gets into Jacob's Raiders, then there'd be more chances for them to grow closer as friends (I was thinking she could also be one of the reasons he gets involved with them in the first place). Gabby's got a bit of an older brother instinct though, so he might nag her about dangerous things from time to time out of concern. (Although let's be real, Gabby isn't exactly the epitome of being careful and thinking your actions through xD)
34 POSTSALIAS smiffCURRENTLY Offline
like a knife in the woods, yeah you hunt down the good in me.
seventeen
male
junior
bisexual
n/a
Loner
Chirin Glockner & Raiden Yayoi: These two are in the same year so it's probable that they've had some classes together. Beyond that, they're both also loners, not entirely by choice, and are probably both a little too shy for their own good. That alone makes me feel like Raiden and Chirin could have some kind of connection. The real question is how they'd meet and maintain a relationship. I'm open to ideas.

Chirin Glockner & Gabriel Aga Gutierrez: MY SONION!! Ehem... So, Chirin is definitely into athletics and I can imagine he enjoys swimming in general - but he opted for wrestling as his winter sport this year. That being said, Gabby seems outgoing enough to approach Chirin without any hesitation anyway, so that can be enough to get them acquainted at least. I feel like Chirin would definitely encourage Gabby to chase his dreams of professional swimming too! Thoughts?

Female
Freshman
demisexual
Student/LifeGuard
Nerd
ZURI & GABRIEL,

Oh yeah, Gabby is going to be in for one hell of a wake-up-call with Zuri. But it makes sense that he would want to protect something so cute and so smol but she doesn't need it. Especially with her skill sets she can disarm most of her enemies and when that doesn't work a good ol power kick to the shins should do the trick too. LOL I agree with their relationship developing more once they're in the Raiders. Besides they have a thing in common, loving the company of cute boys. I'm sure they'll hit it off right away LOL. And I mean it's fine Gabby can act as her big brother. She'd find it sweet, but at the end of the day nag or not Zuri's gonna do what Zuri's gonna do so he'll probably be chasing after her heels LOL she's stubborn like that. But I'm super pumped for this relationship!

Gabriel Aga Gutierrez
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll