MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUL
JULY UPDATES are here! read the updates & check out all the gossip at the ridgeview herald!

JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
JOCKS ASSERT THEIR PRESENCE AT THE COUNTY FAIR!

Add Reply
New Poll

spirit week pep rally! ★, group thread → everyone welcome!
kalleOffline0 POSTS
only clear skies are up ahead. your laugh, your small umbrella, and your kindness saved me from rain.
:(
mean girl
perpetual stress
money
wannabe thug
Retired Admin
spirit week pep rally!
event o1: back to school bash
September 4th-8th, 2017. Spirit week. An annual tradition since the school’s founding, spirit week is celebrated in high schools all across America. At Ridgeview high, that means that the entire school is covered in grey and teal decorations. Even the speakers in the hallways are draped in steamers.

“Anyone wanting to see the spirit week pep rally should begin to head towards the football field!” the speaker chimes. “Again, students should begin to make their way to the football field! The pep rally starts at 4:30 sharp.”

Slowly, students begin to make their way to the field in herds. Once they arrive, they struggle to find their friends in the sea of people seated in the stands while teachers usher everyone to sit down quietly. As the noise begins to settle, the captain of the cheerleading squad steps forward with a smile and a megaphone. “Ridgeview roadrunners, are you ready?!” She’s met with applause as the rest of the squad moves into a formation.

It isn’t long before the routine starts, upbeat music blaring through the speakers. As the dancing begins and the crowd starts to cheer, the captain shakes her pom-poms at the crowd. "C'mon, let's hear some noise!"

This is a free-for-all group thread! Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in. There is no posting order and you're welcome to post as much as you'd like. Feel free to use this as an opportunity to meet new characters or to interact with other members.

autoOffline89 POSTS
rule number one is that you gotta have fun. but baby when you're done, ya gotta be the first to run.
male
senior
pansexual
petty criminal
Fringe
YOU RIPPED
IT APART LIKE A

wrapping paper trash
SO I WROTE YOU A SONG HOPE THAT YOU SING ALONG AND IT GOES MERRY CHRISTMAS, KISS MY ASS. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
'school spirit?' he had none; what could he possibly gain from it, really?

but it's not as if dean was unwilling to go to the pep rally. not when everyone and their mom was going to be there. in fact, the pep rally was one place where he could sneak away as many wallets as he wanted without causing even the slightest commotion. all because every pair of eyes would be on the school's athletes.

"thanks, meathead jocks!" the ginger shouted as the cheer captain tried to engage the audience, his hands encircled around his mouth to form a temporary megaphone of his own. he caught sight of a nearby teacher looking his way, but he only returned the stink eye with a wink and a two-finger salute. dean snickered when the teacher mouthed an 'i'm watching you.'

definitely a comforting thought, he snorted with a roll of his eyes.

as the cheerleaders began their routine, the senior, too, began to slide out a few paper bills from the wallet he had just gotten himself. soon, paper planes flew from where he was seated, and even sooner did some of the nearby teachers try to get to him. "take it off! take it off!" he yelled again, causing more people around him to look his way. laughter erupted, which was enough to egg him on.

"dean, what do you think you're doing?" came the voice of a huffing teacher when he finally pushed his way through to the senior.

the redhead blinked at the man, head tilted slightly, "y'never been to a strip club before, mr. wiffleworth?"

"this is not a strip club!"

dean blinked again with all the innocence in the world plastered on his face, "yer raging bone-bone seems t'think otherwise, sir."

TAGGED
@event
NOTES
wtf dean
reno shepherdreno shepherd
0 POSTS
First event of the school year! Reno was hyped to take part of celebratory traditions that were involved with getting into the school spirit for the home team. Tragically, the yearbook club needed photographers to be on duty to take pictures of the event. A camera was shoved into his hands as well as a permission slip that meant he had special permission to roam around and get the pictures the club needed.

He took a lot of photos of groups bunched up as close as they could to get into the shots. Some students had their faces painted in the school’s colors. Others had an assortment of pep rally knickknacks on them. But as soon as the event took place, he focused the lenses over to the cheerleaders doing their routine. He adjusted the zoom before snapping the shutter multiple times during the dance.

Click, click, click!

Click-! His last shot was blurred as he heard a ruckus happening not at all far from his shooting spot. Green eyes looked around to see a ginger throwing dollar bills and yelling for stripping? Is this a normal American thing? Are these people just going to take the piss out of the scene? He snickered and snapped a picture at the shenanigans.

"Hey thanks! The pose was perfect. Teach looks about losin' the plot." His accent strong and fluid as he smiled playfully over at Dean. He had to get that one in the yearbook.

@[event], dean vegas
autoOffline89 POSTS
rule number one is that you gotta have fun. but baby when you're done, ya gotta be the first to run.
male
senior
pansexual
petty criminal
Fringe
YOU RIPPED
IT APART LIKE A

wrapping paper trash
SO I WROTE YOU A SONG HOPE THAT YOU SING ALONG AND IT GOES MERRY CHRISTMAS, KISS MY ASS. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
the teacher was about to go off again at dean's response, when yet another sudden flash (one that seemed to be directed at them all of a sudden) caught the pair's attention. "hey! do not-" he began, but the ginger was faster, shoving himself between the teacher and the random photographer.

"huh! ya gonna pay for that or what?" he questioned, one eyebrow arched as his attention flicked briefly back to the educator, "y'want a copy if we get it printed later, wifflebottom? i'll even sign it for y'free of charge."

"first of all, i wasn't finished with what i was saying earlier. and second, it's mr. wiffleworth. you knew that already." the elder man said through gritted teeth and obvious annoyance.

annoyance that the senior chose to dismiss with a breezy laugh. "nah, wifflebottom. kinda like longbottom. yanno? that harry potter meme? 'cause y'totally been workin' out over the summer, 'ey teach?" cue wink and a reaching hand, "lemme touch-"

the man jerked back suddenly, eyes narrowed and a look of near disgust on his face. probably out of embarrassment. or so it seemed to dean, anyway, "come to the office after the pep rally. we can talk there."

crimson eyes stared stupidly, "like a date?" he asked, but was practically ignored as the teacher pushed his way through the crowd again to rejoin the other teachers.

blinkingly, dean turned back to the brunet with the camera. a thumb pointed backwards to where the educator was standing only moments ago, "prolly didn't get any from the missus when they went on that caribbean cruise. or it's just that time of the month. my stepmom gets like that sometimes, too." he said, nonchalantly pulling faux facts out of nowhere.

nevertheless he merely shrugged and glanced over to the cheerleaders once more. still in midst of their routine. hand lifted to his mouth again when he noticed a certain cheer member, "piper! hey, over here! y'gotta lift that leg higher, 'cause we can't see shit from all the way back here!" he yelled, as though the girl could hear him at all. but he'd be satisfied as long as she even noticed him, really.

he liked being noticed.

not that he was paying enough attention to notice whether she was noticing him; gaze had already shifted to the brunet again, "how's it feel t'sound like harry potter? i bet there's a wizard-themed strip club somewhere in london. or are ya from australia? i can't tell. but i've also never seen y'before so i'mma assume that yer new and not pretending to be cool. i'd be super disappointed, yanno?"

TAGGED
reno shepherd
NOTES
shout out to piper finch #bestbae
bearOffline68 POSTS
but no, i'm never gonna be 'cause i don't wanna be, no, I don't wanna sit still look pretty
female
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
Members
last night you were in my room and now my bedsheets smell like you, i'm in love with the shape of you
the back to school bash pep rally was the same deal every year. piper liked ridgeview, but she wasn’t like some of the other elites that went absolutely nuts for every spirit week. but being on the on cheer team, she didn’t really have a choice to attend.

as one of the shorter and more senior members of the team, piper was at the front of the squad. she went through the motions with an enormous, face-stretching smile. “hey! oh-kay! let’s go, ridge-view r-o-a-d r-u-n-n e-r-s!”

it felt like they did the same routine every year.

with the mental room she had left over after having done the same dance hundreds of times before, piper was free to let her eyes wander across the mass of students that filled the bleachers.

wait.. what was that going on?

a familiar, red-headed boy seemed to be… causing a ruckus. enough of one that it had caught the attention of mr. wiffleworth, the unlucky faculty member tasked with ‘supervising’ the pep rally.

and it caught piper’s attention, too.

the cheer team was far enough away for her intent focus on the actions of a certain troublemaker senior to go unnoticed to the average crowd member, unless someone else happened to be staring at her. and though she couldn’t quite make out what dean was screaming, that was definitely her name that he had yelled.

her eyes narrowed.

she could feel the slow boil of anger rising, but she couldn’t do much except smile like her life depended on it until the song ended. when it finally did after what felt like three hours, piper bolted over to the stands immediately, ignoring the captain’s cry of where you going, finch?

“hey!” she stomped her way up the bleachers, crowd parting to let through 5’4 of angry cheerleader, pom-poms still at her hips. she stopped just before dean, staring point-blank into his obnoxious, smug face, ignoring everyone else that happened to be around. “what do you want from me, vegas?”

lucas elliottlucas elliott
0 POSTS
★ lucas elliott
W
hen was the last time Lucas had witnessed the Ridgeview High pep rally? Quickly doing the math, he realized it had been six years since he'd last been here. Six years! He'd forgotten just how noisy and crowded it was, and his return to the highschool as a teacher was definitely giving him a new sense of perspective. He hadn't been one so much for Ridgeview pride before, and it was strange to feel so supportive of the rally now.

Lucas gave a wry smile that wasn't directed at anyone. He used to absolutely HATE social events, to the point where he didn't even attend if he could. He owed much to his friends for pulling him out of his shell.

The students seemed to be having fun, and that was all Lucas really needed to feel happy. He did notice the dean talking with a ginger-haired kid who, by his cheeky smirk and the dean's red face, was probably doing a good job of retaliating the man's remarks. And in perfectly frank honesty, Lucas didn't really mind if the dean was being humiliated by a kid probably a third of his age. Though he suspected the dean would try to teach the red-haired boy some respect.

It seemed that the red-haired boy was causing more trouble than he'd originally thought - one of the cheerleaders stomped over, her expresion furious. Lucas hadn't caught what the boy had said, but if there was going to be a confrontation, he'd better break it up soon - he wouldn't want the pep rally to be ruined over a petty fight.

"Hey, now, what seems to be the problem?" he asked, coming up to the small group with a smile and a furrowed brow.
000 words
notes
❝ So I think Lucas would've met Piper by now but he doesn't know the other two yet so yes please introduce yourselves or smth ❞
reno shepherdreno shepherd
0 POSTS
Reno was on the brink of losing his shit watching the crimson-tuft go on a roll with harassing the teacher in charge of making sure the students in the bleachers behave. Naturally, the teach was doing a very poor job in maintaining decorum. The English youth knew he was bound to get into trouble for taking pictures of such an unruly scene but he took the risk. As it turned out, Mr. Wiffleworth was far more focused on the miscreant than the Shepherd boy. It didn't help that the redhead started throwing out Harry Potter references.

When Mr. Wiffleworth stormed off, Reno let out his pent up laughter. He took the strap of his camera and placed it around his neck so the device hung in place. Green eyes flickered back over to the troublemaker. "Probably knackered out from being sea sick on top of it," he chipped in to the teacher's lack of 'getting any'. "This is the first time I've seen a teach's effort go all to pot. And the start of the new year. Bloody brilliant, mate."

This was too much. Reno didn’t have enough time to completely process the next little tangent Dean went off on but J.K. Rowling jokes out the ass were not missed. "You had it right the first time. Don't second guess yourself," he grinned, "Fresh off the boat from England for my last year. Reno Shepherd. Who might you-"

Before he could finish, Dean was already making a ruckus. He caught the attention of one of the cheerleaders. Gracious she didn’t look pleased in the slightest. Reno took into account of a name to place with the ginger’s face. A surname no doubt.

The brunette was about to say something to try and alleviate the tension, but another individual came into the scene. Reno was slightly confused by the question that popped out of the new arrival’s mouth. He was young. Very young, but he spoke like a teacher. Shit. Probably is another teacher. "Nothing, nothing, sir," Reno was the first to chirp up, "My mate here... uh- Las Vegas was just too hyped."

Smooth.

dean vegas, piper finch, lucas elliott
autoOffline89 POSTS
male
senior
pansexual
petty criminal
Fringe
YOU RIPPED
IT APART LIKE A

wrapping paper trash
eyes blinked almost stupidly at the choice of word, "the fuck is 'knackered?'" dean questioned, but didn't dwell on the thought (when had he ever?). nonetheless, the ginger let out a laugh through a grin, "i mean, it ain't easy bein' a monkey but i do what i can. when d'ya plan on payin' me for the show, though? none of it is ever free yanno?"

and everybody paid, one way to another. they always did, whether they realized it or not. dean made sure of it.

as the brunet went on to introduce himself, and dean, ready to reply, a small commotion caught his attention. as did the girl that had now pushed herself near their proximity. seeing this, the senior's grin returned, now wider than before, "whoa! someone punch me in the face 'cause am i dreaming? pippi is actually talking to me? whatever have i done to deserve this honour?" blinkingly, he looked to reno as if to confirm that he wasn't 'hallucinating.' mockingly, dean held out a hand to gesture to the cheerleader, "this is pippi flinch, the girl who makes me flinch and is after my own heart."

while dean purposely ignoring piper's demands for an answer (thinking about it: what did she want him to 'answer' anyway?), yet another man approached them. from the tone, it wasn't hard to gather that he was most likely another teacher. a young one, but a teacher nonetheless, "dean las vegas, here t'show you a good time at no charge at all!" the ginger followed almost seamlessly after reno spoke up on his behalf, "but speak for yerself ren, all i did was introduce pippi here and yer ready t'peepy at her."

another stupid blink. "or is it 'peepee?' y'just met though, isn't that too familiar? shouldn't you wait till like, the second date or whatever? man, no wonder she's bitching at ya." snickering, the seventeen-year-old reached a hand over so as to throw it around reno's shoulders; too familiar too fast, that was exactly who dean vegas was. "it's chill though, i'll show y'around town soon. we'll go to a real strip club. the chicks there have way bigger knockers than pippi and, between you and me," free hand lifted to his mouth as though telling reno a secret. despite the fact that his voice was still as loud as it always was, "if y'snap a few pics i'll get someone to photoshop pippi's face onto one of the hot bods. deal?"

and he'd probably be able to make a few hundred bucks off of that, too.

NOTES
i'm so sry about him
bearOffline68 POSTS
but no, i'm never gonna be 'cause i don't wanna be, no, I don't wanna sit still look pretty
female
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
Members
last night you were in my room and now my bedsheets smell like you, i'm in love with the shape of you
pippi flinch. that was a new one. piper pursed her lips together, steaming silently with rage until dean was done with his nonsensical, mocking rant. “yes, please, someone should punch you in the face,” she rolled her eyes. ugh. maybe coming over here was a mistake. dean vegas just got on her nerves like no other.

a newly-familiar voice to her right made her groan (but internally. no weakness, especially not in front of this slimeball). her lips were about to disappear into her face and be replaced by a hard, flat line. but she waited to turn to mr. elliott until she heard yet another voice, this one unknown but mildly intriguing— if she weren’t in the middle of something else, anyway.

with a stoic, stiff turn of the head, piper turned away from staring a hole into dean’s face to the new music teacher. somehow on the way, she also replaced her expression of hell’s wrath into what could only be described as… a smile. kind of.

“nice to see you again, mr. elliott. this young man has been shouting inappropriate comments at us during the performance,” she answered, sweetly, “i was simply informing him that this behavior is not acceptable.”

her eyes flickered to the fourth participant of the conversation, a brown-haired boy with a camera around his neck. piper took in the yearbook club id and confused expression. “unlike him,” she said, speaking about the transfer student, “dean does not have permission to take photos and certainly doesn’t to harass my teammates and i.”

when she spoke again, she directed her words and eyes to reno. he looked fairly normal… so far. “i wouldn’t suggest taking him up on that offer, by the way. do you really want to be hanging around people like him?”

lucas elliottlucas elliott
0 POSTS
★ lucas elliott
W
hat had Lucas gotten himself into?

Dean Las Vegas, as he introduced himself, certaintly seemed to be one energetic fellow, and from the looks of it, he had no intention of ceasing his verbal onslaught of words. Words which, over the din of noise and all, were hard for Lucas to even completely discern. But what he did understand was the words were rough, crude, and definitely not appropriate. From what he remembered of the staff stories, Dean was one to watch for. And he was definitely someone that Wiffleworth didn't appreciate very much at all.

He had no idea what to do but listen. And so he did until he gathered his words to try and form something coherent and reasonable. He wasn't sure it would work but at least he could try. "Look, Dean," Lucas sighed, rubbing the back of his neck tiredly. "You're what, sixteen? Seventeen? What would you know about a strip club?" He was pretty sure the age of entrance was at LEAST nineteen, if not older. If he kept to the tale he'd spun, then he either had a fake ID that needed to be confiscated or he was simply lying. And he hoped Dean didn't ask him about strip clubs and how Lucas knew about them - he didn't really want to regale a tale of embarrassment. "Just - please do try to reign it in," Lucas stammered, giving a soft grin. "Mainly because I don't want my first pep rally as a teacher to go to sh- i mean to be spoiled. And Piper does have a point about being respectful and all." Crap, he'd almost sworn. He wasn't supposed to swear in front of the kids, even if they were less than a decade younger.

"And you, Mr...Ren? Please do refrain from using school photos for such purposes. We don't want to confiscate that camera due to broken trust." Lucas sighed - he hated confrontation. Loathed it. He just hoped they all listened.
000 words
notes
❝ i have no idea what i'm doing but be nice to him? please? ❞
autoOffline89 POSTS
male
senior
pansexual
petty criminal
Fringe
YOU RIPPED
IT APART LIKE A

wrapping paper trash
"wow, wow, inappropriate?" the ginger repeated, hands lifting to his chest almost defensively, even if there was nothing to 'defend.' "first of all, how would y'even know what i was yelling from all the way down there, huh? maybe y'should stop checkin' me out for once and pay attention to yer li'l routine? all that staring is makin' me feel funny things!" he pouted at piper as though he was the one scolding her. but honestly, what did she know anyway? she was just a cheerleader. "not that i blame you for starin'. 'cause i'd stare at me too if i were me... you. if i were you." a huff, almost like he was frustrated with his own mistake. actually, could it even be called a 'mistake?' a strategically-placed one, probably.

"so yer that kinda teacher?" dean's pout only seemed to deepen as the dark-haired teacher turned his attention to him, "yer sidin' with pippi just 'cause she's actin' like the victim? shouldn't y'listen to both sides of the story? well, mine is just that she's makin' shit up. it's loud as fuck in here so who knows what i was actually yellin', yanno?"

shoulders shrugged boredly, now that he had had the attention he was looking for all along. "i saw it in a movie, duhhh!" he gave a few waves of his hand in front of the young teacher's face, "or was it porn? i bet it was cheerleader porn, and one of 'em's named pippi." at this, dean gave that usual breezy laugh, "man, yer gonna get yer ass kicked really damn fast around here if y'only know how t'side with 'em cheerleaders."

an eyebrow quirked as he slid his hands into his pockets. leaning forward to the teacher, dean beamed brightly straight at the man's face, "the elites in this school're only 'elites' for a reason; best not end up with one of 'em blackmailing you, huh, sir? 'cause the economy's purddy damn tough fer all of us, let alone a rookie teacher like you if ya got fired," as the last word left his mouth, dean pulled out a hand and 'shot' his finger gun playfully at the man. he gave another laugh, and finally pulled back with his back straightened.

"well then," turning to reno, the seventeen-year-old waited patiently until the educator was finished with his confrontation, before speaking up again to the young brit, "i'm hittin' up the arcade before lunch starts. ya comin' with or nah?" speaking as if there wasn't a teacher listening to everything he spouted. still, who said he was actually going to the arcade, anyway? not that he wouldn't, but, there were a lot of things that dean vegas said that shouldn't be taken seriously. at all.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll