MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
FEB 03 — VALENTINES DAY events are up! check 'em out!

FEB 02 — HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISFITS!

influence
ELITES SHOW UP IN CROWDS AT WINTER'S BALL!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Add Reply
New Poll

A LITTLE LIKE HEARTBREAK THERAPY, Benny
Natalie IS CURRENTLY Offline
Remember that night underneath the stars? For a minute, I thought the world was ours.
Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
38 POSTS
Once class was over, Keith is the first to duck out of the room. Some unfortunate soul had dropped their phone and it had been out of juice when Keith had found it and he did what he had to do: he removed the sim card and replaced it with a spare sim card he had gotten from a local convenience store, not wanting his siblings to find out that he had a new phone.

Turns out that the phone probably belonged to an Elite because of the various photos he had seen as well as the familiar names of the more well-known popular kids of the school, including Effie. They had spent a lot of time together as kids but for some reason, Effie drifted away and she had become uncontactable for quite a while, even going as far as deleting her Facebook. When some of their little gang tried to get through her, there were no replies at all and not even a phone call returned.

When Keith discovered that Effie's number in that phone was different from the one on his newly acquired phone, he was pissed. Why hadn't she informed them? It was only after last night's conversation that he discovered why.

Needless to say, he was infuriated. However, at least he managed to get some insight as to what had happened to Effie over the past few months.

He spends his time pushing his skateboard back and forth with a single foot until Benny comes into sight and he waves to grab her attention. "Hey! Benny!" he calls out to her.
TAGGED // benny li
NOTES // Here you go.
bear IS CURRENTLY Offline
who's that knocking at your door? you got lots to answer for. who's that sleeping in your bed?
fourteen
female
Delinquent
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
93 POSTS
benny was not too happy about being back at school. winter break was too woefully short, it seemed like. in addition, a strange text from one of her close friends had kept her wondering all day – keith had brought up a name that she rarely thought about, after all.

to be honest, benny held no real ill will towards effie. some friends came into your life and just left, and that was just how the world went. she’d been the new kid on the block a million times. she understood. most days, their paths simply didn’t cross.

seeing a blonde head of hair call out to her, benny brightened up, speeding up her jog as she went down the stairs at the front of the school and across the courtyard.

“hey, ‘sup, grayson number two,” she calls out cheekily, knowing keith probably won’t appreciate the nickname.

she skids to a stop in front of him, slinging her backpack over one shoulder as she grins up at him. wow. how times have changed – just a year or two ago, she’d have been taller than him.

“you wanted to talk ‘bout something?” she prods, “…effie?”

push up, overload, legendary heavy glow, sunshine, thunder roll, keep this on
Remember that night underneath the stars? For a minute, I thought the world was ours.
Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
38 POSTS
"C'mon, let's go to the usual spot," Keith says, ignoring the usage of 'Grayson number two'. Their usual spot is a little space underneath one of the trees situated on the grounds and away from the crowd of the school. When they first entered high school, with not many other friends of their own yet, they would often gather here. Over time, it diminished until it was just some of them left but it wasn't as though all of them completely ignored them — they still met here every once in a while but they had other friends now.

Once both him and Benny were comfortable, he dives in straight into his conversation about Effie, but not before leaving out the part where he had found someone's found lying around, one with Effie's number inside. "So, she basically called us losers but see, that's not what I'm pissed about," Keith says. He feels his blood boil at the mere thought of her discarding years of friendship, just like that. He is hurt but it manifests as anger instead, uncertain of how else he should feel about this situation at all.

"She basically admitted that she closed her old Facebook and ignored us just to avoid us with no fucking explanation at all — that's what I'm pissed about. What happened to the Effie we know and love?"

TAGGED // benny li
NOTES // Here you go.
who's that knocking at your door? you got lots to answer for. who's that sleeping in your bed?
fourteen
female
Delinquent
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
93 POSTS
this was a spot that benny had been frequenting less and less as the school year went on. when she’d made all her new friends among the delinquent crowd starting in middle school, benny usually went with them to the skate park or such after school, and there was simply just less time to go around for the breakfast club.

a small, fond smile graces her lips as she settles with her back to the tree, watching keith give her the story. the smile wipes away by the time he’s done.

“wow? losers?” benny certainly looks a little upset now. “can I see your texts? ‘cuz man, I know she’s been quiet lately, but that’s kind of asshole-ish.”

benny didn’t see effie a lot at school – they weren’t in very many classes together, and she’d found new friends of her own, so their gradual drifting apart hadn’t bothered her so much. but she always made it a point to say hi in the hallway when she saw effie. well, if she didn’t consider them friends, then…

“cuz she hangs out with those… elites now?” benny scoffed, hanging her head and kicking at the dirt near the tree roots. “seriously, what’s her problem. I get having new friends is cool but that doesn’t mean we’re the losers now or something.”

Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
38 POSTS
He hands his phone over to her, allows her to look through the texts and become aware of the harsh words exchanged between the two of them. It would explain all the avoiding she had been doing, the deletion of her social media accounts. Keith waits until she is done looking through the messages before she lets out a scoff of her own, her disdain clear.

Drifting apart was one thing but ignoring them and treating it as though the years before had meant nothing to them? That was completely unacceptable and calling them losers? Effie was really asking for shit to be tossed in her direction. "Wanna bet she's probably been fucked by one of the Elite guys?" he asked, ever so casually, his fists clenched at the mere thought of Effie sleeping around with the male Elites.
TAGGED // benny li
NOTES // Here you go.
fourteen
female
Delinquent
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
93 POSTS
the texts are unpleasant from both ends, benny has to admit. she raises an eyebrow at the beginning, a question of why ? – gone unsaid on her lips as benny notes how the situation occurred in the first place.

she finishes the texts quickly, scrolling till the end, before handing the phone back to keith and looking away. the delinquent’s frowning, too, and she’s quiet for a bit, just processing it.

"Wanna bet she's probably been fucked by one of the Elite guys?"

benny blinks, startled, and looks back up at keith. she frowns. what? ew, dude, no, the fuck. this time last year she told me she hadn’t even had her first kiss.”

she doesn’t even wanna think about gross stuff like that. apparently being high schoolers for less than four months made boys worse than usual. but whatever, benny still understands where keith comes from – she’s upset now, too.

MARY IS CURRENTLY Offline
One track mind, one track heart -- If I fail, I'll fall apart.
FEMALE
Elite
FRESHMAN
BISEXUAL
STUDENT
12 POSTS
When class ended, Effie was already standing outside Ridgeview's front doors. Her head was buried in her phone, thumbing through her contacts for her driver's name. Right as she found it, two familiar heads popped up in the corner of her vision. She grimaced.

Keith Grayson and Benny Li. Two of her childhood friends. A long time ago, they could all call each other their best friends. Now, not so much.

'Those two.. Ugh,' Effie rolled her eyes. Just what were they up to?

With her back turned and ears alert, she listened in on whatever they were talking about. It seemed normal enough. Just some hellos, friendly teasing. Then her name came up from Benny's lips.

Before Effie could say something, the two had already sped off on their skateboards. Huffing, she tucked her smartphone into her pockets and stomped after them. Slow, heavy steps. After a few turns, she realized exactly where they were going. A group of tall trees on school grounds that they once liked to hang around. Standing behind one of those trees, she peeked her head around to listen in on their secret meeting. And what she heard quickly made her furrowed brows soften.

What she did to the group and what she said to Keith was gross. No, beyond disgusting. If she wanted to, she could stand up and apologize right now. But her knees trembled and her heart quivered.

Sighing in frustration, she was about to walk away with out making so much as a sound until Keith's words hit her ears.

"What?" Effie said aloud. "Excuse me, Keith Grayson?"

It made her presence obvious, but she wasn't hiding anymore. She was already walking towards them, fists clenched. She stopped a few meters from them, keeping her gaze on the ground. Her expression briefly faltered back to a timid one before the anger settled back in.

"I say I don't want to talk to you anymore, and that must mean I'm sleeping around now, right?"

Tears welled up in her vision. But she swallowed them back. 'Not here. Not like this.'

"I may be fake as fuck, but at least I would never talk shit and spread rumors about any of you behind your backs. One, because surprise surprise, I actually still have a little bit of a heart left. And two, because I want to be left alone. Period. I've fought tooth and nail to have my past buried. Leave it that way."

Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
38 POSTS
Keith merely shrugs and says, "Fair enough". He isn't sure whether he wants to know, even if she had done so. Before he could continue, Effie's voice breaks into their conversation; Keith wonders how long had she been there, listening in and as she begins her little tirade, the blonde lets out a dry chuckle.

"Spread rumours?" Keith scoffs. "Never once have I spread rumours and you know this so don't you dare accuse me of spreading rumours."

If Effie wanted her past buried, Keith had every intention to go with her wishes. This had been a personal thing between Benny and himself but Effie made it obvious that she had been there and listening to the conversation for quite a while now. As much as Keith wanted to care and reach out to her – her eyes were shining with tears, for fuck's sake – it still did not excuse what she had done today.

Looks their usual spot was no longer going to be theirs if she insisted on doing what they were doing. "I'm more than willing to leave you alone. In fact, I already started doing so," Keith stated, pointing out that it had started from their last text message. "You're one to talk, considering that you just eavesdropped on our conversation..."

He lets the conversation hang in the air as he began to stride forward, shoving past her as he did so. "I don't care whether you have a heart or not. You crossed the line already," he says softly, betrayal evident in his voice. "That's no longer my problem."

At least, they still had his place to crash. He sets his skateboard on the ground and one leg on it, prepped and ready to speed off. "The very least you can do is owe Benny an explanation," he finally says, his message clear: the least she could have done was explain her situation but if she couldn't give them that basic respect, Effie was not deserving of his respect either.
TAGGED // benny li Effie Belafonte
NOTES // Here you go.
fourteen
female
Delinquent
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
93 POSTS
the voice of another person behind the trees catches benny off-guard, and she steps back and scowls once she realizes who it is.

she clenches her fists as effie and keith trade back and forth, and fights back the tears that threaten to well up in her eyes. skater girls don’t cry. what the fuck. what the fuck. but it’s… it’s so frustrating to see your friends yell at each other like a bunch of…

assholes! benny screams.

"The very least you can do is owe Benny an explanation,"

benny crosses her arms and squeezes herself tightly. “you’re both being assholes! I don’t- I don’t care about an explanation, so don’t fucking drag me into this shit!” she glares at both of them in turn. “whatever, right? I don’t care.”

she’s addressing effie now. “I know your friends hate mine, call us losers. but guess what? they don’t run away from their fucking problems and they’re not ashamed of who they are!” she stomps her foot. “at least the delinquents, yeah, I know that’s what you call us – at least they’re loyal!”

benny shakes her head in disgust. “is this because of your stupid little seeecret?” she makes condescending motions with her hands. “seriously, get over it! it’s twenty-fucking-eighteen! nobody gives a fuck except you! and if you seriously think your new friends will care, why are you even still friends with them?”

then benny turns and jabs a finger at keith. “and you – why do you even care? I don’t care! I wish you had never told me about all of this!” she throws her hands up. “you know, I was perfectly fine not caring until you dragged me into this!”

MARY IS CURRENTLY Offline
One track mind, one track heart -- If I fail, I'll fall apart.
FEMALE
Elite
FRESHMAN
BISEXUAL
STUDENT
12 POSTS
Before Effie could respond, a sudden scream threw out of her train of thought. Taken back, she turned to see Benny jabbing the air between them. Making gestures and spouting verbal bombs. It was impossible to talk back or save face. Her cold fists unclenched and her heart sunk.

Unable to do anything other than murmur weak 'wells', she looked down at the dirt below her feet. It was firm, still cold from the winter season.

Winter. That word came with images of the New Year's Ball. Masks. Fireworks. Warm fingers intertwined with hers.

'Ava.' She wished Ava was here. Then maybe, just maybe she could stop the tears that blurred her vision.

"You don't get it," Effie said weakly, holding her stomach. "Neither of you get it."

Her hands reached up to wipe the redness from her eyes. Gosh, why did it have to happen here?

"You don't get it. You don't, you don't, you don't. No one gets it," her voice was quiet and bitter. "You're so brave, Effie! Do you still have a dick, Effie? Oh, you don't understand what it's like to be a real girl Effie. When are you getting your dick cut off, Effie? Oh, Lets not forget all the old fucks in front of Walmart who'd start campaigning against my right to take a shit in the sanctity of a stall. Oh, that kid's grandparents are famous actors AND millionaires! God damn rich democrats!"

"Dammit-- I, I don't have time for this. My driver's waiting."

Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
38 POSTS
When his friend yells, calls the both of them assholes, it sets off Keith's temper almost immediately and the girl is ranting at him as well as Effie. It triggers a whole set of arguments between the both of them and it isn't until Benny screams at the two of them that he realises she is somewhat caught in the middle.

At least Benny brings up a very good point. Effie has proven where her loyalties lie and it is certainly not with them. She's hit the spot right on in her usual Benny-like manner of being no sugarcoating and bullshitting. To him, people like Effie don't deserve his time of the day, neither do they deserve his respect but the bitch had been eavesdropping, out of her own volition too, when she could have simply ignored and minded her own damn business.

He doesn't miss the words Effie is murmuring under her breath, amidst Benny's bellowing, and he feels another surge of anger again. "You're the one who didn't explain anything so stop playing the victim," Keith tells the girl. Then, Benny is all up in his face, jabbing an accusing finger at him. His eyes softened for a moment—

— until she mentioned that she didn't care and questioned why he even cared, as though she had not known Keith for holding such high regards when it came to forming personal bonds.

"Oh, wow. Fuck you too, Benny," is all Keith says before he's storming away from the two girls, muttering at how indecisive they are, before he places his skateboard on the concrete floor and speeds off in the direction of home. While he is aware that Benny is more or less used to friends who come and go, he abhors the way she simply allows herself to go along with it. Here he is, trying to keep them together and prevent them from falling apart—

He skids to a halt and laughs dryly at the irony of whatever he had been thinking about: his brother is part of them as well.
TAGGED // benny li, Effie Belafonte
NOTES // Last post.
fourteen
female
Delinquent
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
93 POSTS
benny clenches her fists, seethes in rage, feeling caught in the middle and fighting the urge to just run, run, run away –

effie’s quiet, soft voice makes her almost want to stop, but benny’s done listening. “well – maybe we don’t get it because you never even gave us a chance to try!” she bites back. keith’s right – she isn’t allowed to play the victim. not now, not when it’s far too late for any of that.

benny stares at the ground, teeth trembling. her palms are starting to hurt.

“Fuck you too, Benny,”

the delinquent doesn’t even look up, just raises one hand and flips off his back, as she hears him drop his skateboard to the ground and speed away. she bites her lip as effie storms off as well.

when she finally looks up, both of them are gone.

whatever.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll