MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

JUN
SOFT REOPENING! all old members & invited members can start making characters! for what's new, read the announcement here!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
SCHOOL'S OUT - BUT CLIQUE RIVALRIES ARE STILL IN!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

catching lightning, wren's plotter
wrenOffline90 POSTS
baby you're like lightning in a bottle, i can't let you go now that i got you.
male
junior
pansexual
dancer
Members

may i have this dance?

• arata fujioka
  • 17 years old
  • dancer
  • creative
  • junior
  • charmer

About

Sometimes, you need to dance like no is watching; freely, passionately, with every emotion and movement you can afford to give. Arata dances like that, dances to the point where to describe him in one word would be dancer- To describe him in another word would be dedicated. Arata is a young man who knows what he wants and will achieve it with hard work and a bit of talent. He'll learn any type of dance whether it be masculine or feminine, defend all types with his fists if he must. Arata's just a boy obsessed and fiercely in love with what he does, to the point where he's already got attention from the world of dance. (He was gone on a dance intensive at Julliard for a while, and just got back recently.)

He's not just a dancer though. His words flow as well as the way he moves, smooth words and sappy pick up lines quick and easy to leave his lips. He enjoys giving compliments, but mostly charms people because it's just his sense of humor, to storm into someone's life and leave them with a pretty little fluster on their cheeks. Arata knows he's charming, and god, does he wield that weapon just because he can and it's fun. On the opposite end of the spectrum though, Arata does love a good roasting. He just loves words and the way one can utilize them, and if someone's snarking him, you can bet he's giving back as good as they give all with a cheeky smile.

Arata just likes fun, is an adrenaline junkie down to his core; doesn't care about rules so much as he cares for staying amused, honestly. He's lived in Peachtree City since he was about seven, moved there straight from Japan because of a job offer for his mom and- It's been his home since. It's not a big city, but he knows how to keep busy.

Friends

It's a matter of chemistry, really. A friendship with Arata might be a slow thing that builds up over time or something that just clicks within the first few meetings. There's not really rhyme or reason on why or how, it just happens. Arata's really just along for the ride, doing whatever he pleases, listening to his impulses, and if a friendship happens, then it happens. Arata can make friends with a variety of people, and it's easy enough to hold a conversation with him if you manage to cross by his path. He might even drag you into it himself if he's dancing and wants a partner, honestly.

The moment he considers you a friend though, you'll know. Arata's fiercely loyal but also extremely biased and doting. If you fuck with them, you fuck with him, and he'll instantly go to a friend's defense without even hearing the situation. Of course when he hears it and thinks you're at fault, he'll tell you it straight up. If you're friends with Arata just for the compliments he gives, you'll come to learn he's also honest and unafraid to tell you his opinion. He'll drag you about on adventures, profess his love for you plainly and without shame because he never thought that friendships were any less than romance, and it'll just be a fun time if you don't think it'd be too much.

Enemies

He may be charming, but he can just as easily be infuriating. If you do something he doesn't like, he'll tell you, and every time you keep doing it he'll tell you again. He doesn't get along the best with people that hide away their passions, and will often argue with them over it if he gets the chance. He won't out them, and won't do anything about it but, it never sits right with him, hiding. There may be people who are pissed at him for charming their crushes and significant others, even though honestly, for all his lines- Arata's not actually looking for a romance. Some people just don't like him, and that's fine with him too.

He's got better things to do rather than deal with people who hate him- But, okay, it depends. Arata gives as good as he gets. He'll fight back if you fight him, and he'll snark back if you snap at him. (Most of the time.) The only reason he'd ever be an asshole to someone he never met was if they hurt someone he loves, in which case, he's going to fight.

plot ideas

- He pulls your OC into a dance, anywhere- On the street, in the hallways, outside of school, your choice.

- Your OC is willing to tutor this poor, hopeless boy in math. Arata is a reluctant student but needs to pass because he hates that look of disappointment his parents give him.

- Any situation where Arata can learn a new dance, he's up for it.

- He teaches a dance class (both ballet and hip hop), a little sibling goes to it, maybe?

- Your OC sees this cute little munchkin cat, Arata will show up soon after because it's his cat.

BY MITZI
jawnOffline72 POSTS
this shirt looks stupid. i should just take it off.
male
senior
secretly bi
gym custodian
Jock
arata fujioka &
sandro maeda
so sandro maeda is one who secretly loves to watch performances (plays, musicals, other performance arts) on his own. what if sandro attended one of arata's recitals or dance concerts. arata spotted him in the audience, got in touch with sand right after the performance, but sandro is like "uh bruh, u did not see me today. u did not" but then, when they see each other in school, arata is always pestering him with tickets, and/or invites to his different events where he's part of, and sandro is just outright denying that he's interested. but he does secretly attend anyway. i have something else in mind too, but it is a conversation to have over discord. maybe for next time. but what do u think so far?
wrenOffline90 POSTS
male
junior
pansexual
dancer
Members
sandro maeda & arata
Arata would definitely come after Sandro, completely ignoring his wish to keep his love for performances on the down low. This boy's of the belief that if you enjoy something, f* all else, so he will make it like a personal goal to get Sandro to openly admit he loves performances to him or something.

On anotheerr hand, Arata might actually get annoyed that Sandro's trying to hide it, which would probably make him more determined to drag Sandro along with him anyways. Something like, "If you like to watch me dance, then goddamn am I going to make you admit it."

I'll hit you up on discord to hear that other idea you have though!
jawnOffline50 POSTS
Fear me, love me. Stand and stare at me. And these boobs are real
female
senior
het
online celeb
Elite
arata fujioka &
glenda coco-lee
glenda coco-lee wants to hire arata fujioka as her personal beginner dance trainer. she's gonna be the worst type of client tho. she'll treat him like slave; boss him around like she feeds u; and chastise him if she does not learn and do well in her dancing. is arata up for this? i hope he is! /puppy eyes

jesus, i'm practically begging people to rp with my bullying bitch-flaked gal.

wrenOffline90 POSTS
male
junior
pansexual
dancer
Members
LOL YEAH LET'S DO THIS. Arata says yes because he honestly loves teaching people dance but then he actually meets Glenda. God, the snark, the arguments. It'll be glorious because Arata is a good teacher but he's also not afraid to go absolutely spartan if there's a performance deadline or if his students are being difficult.

They might not get along at all, but Arata wouldn't give up on teaching her because this is his pride as a dance teacher on the line.
tealOffline65 POSTS
i wont be catchin' villains, but she got me catchin feelins
male
junior
hetero
sports star
Members
arata fujioka &
griffin jacobs
ha! look at this guy and his twinkle toes!

that's what most jocks would say about someone so devoted to dance. griff isnt like most jocks and probably makes a lot of his players watch performances for the sake of improving footwork.

so for these two, i propose a sort of professional sort of relationship where jacobs asks arata how to do the thing with his feet so he doesn't trip up on the field. same goes for griffin's players but since they're NPCs at this point in time, we can just have it to where arata is also grififn's trainer. there'll probably be a bit of backlash amongst other jocks for this sort of relationship but griff is just going to shrug it off and maybe from this, they'll become good friends or something.
wrenOffline90 POSTS
male
junior
pansexual
dancer
Members
I am definitely all for this. I see Arata and Will being the best of pals, and Arata's favorite saying with his bro would probably be: "When there's a Will, there's definitely a way." I see inside jokes and declarations of their bromance, and it looks great.

Arata actually does love all forms of art, he's just obsessed with dance in particular! So if Will ever wants to look at art on a different standpoint or offer up whatever, Arata would be happy to join in and listen to it!

And, and, an introduction to Connor Lyons would be great. <3

That sounds like a cool thing and I'm all for it! Arata would have fun training fellow classmates, and he wouldn't slack out on it so Griffin would definitely see some improvement on his toes!

Since they're both juniors, it'd be cool if they were in the same classes and originally met through there to! They could turn into study buddies after each lesson/practice too, doing homework together or very avidly procrastinating on it.

I can see them turning into friends too, imagine Arata becomes Griff's wingman or tries to the best he can, how do you feel about that?
tealOffline65 POSTS
male
junior
hetero
sports star
Members
arata fujioka &
griffin jacobs
eyyyy im definitely down for classmates turned into study buddies. that'll be some quality friendship right there.

as far as wingmaning goes, griffin is obviously terrible with the ladies and can see arata getting all the girls when he doesn't mean to. the intent was to make griffin as unattractive as possible. so while they're at parties and all that, arata can steal all the hunnies and griff gets stuck with his own sad existence and all that. it would definitely be griffin being the wingman, but it just looks like it's the other way around.
wrenOffline90 POSTS
male
junior
pansexual
dancer
Members
awesome let's get it done!

but for the wingman thing, teal, please, griff is a catch?? if they end up hitting up arata, he'd probably tell them to go to griff because excuse them they're doing this all wrong?

and arata wouldn't let griff be all alone during any parties! no way, he's gonna stick with his bro- but he may need that wingmanning in the future because he may be a lowkey flirt but he's in this almost relationship with a character and he'll need advice on wtf romance is
tealOffline65 POSTS
male
junior
hetero
sports star
Members
arata fujioka &
griffin jacobs
no it's okay. the endgoal is for griff to realize his sad existence in the world. one of those 'im super lonely i dont have real friends, the only friends i have are with their real friends' sort of thing. it's gonna be UBER sad.

and any girls sent his way is obv gonna be met with griffin being really awkward because he's a teenage boy and doesn't know how to interact.

but he'll definitely be down to give advice while lowkey spiraling into a pit of depression for various reasons.

so maybe arata picks up on that later on. but for now, they can be good bros and all that.
zwangOffline40 POSTS
rid of the monsters inside your head, put all your faults to bed; you can be king again.
twenty-three
male
faculty
heteroflexible
chemistry teacher
Members
tbh in that case i might eventually throw gene at her c’: assuming i come up with something a bit more concrete haha

i love this so far!! he’d really appreciate her calling him by his last name, and tbh receiving an apple might put a smile on his face for the entire week. he likes origami too, so if she gave him those i feel like he'd try to incorporate that into his teaching for her? i feel like alfie tries pretty hard to make his lessons interesting using demonstrations and experiments, but since laurel can’t see any of that he always worries if she struggles with his class (whether in actual content or just attention/interest). so, besides talking her through experiments, maybe he sometimes gives her origami figures or just paper crafts in general to explain things like diagrams or patterns, pfft.

i like the sound of all those thread ideas omg haha. the one with them getting lost is honestly kind of hilarious, and i’ve actually love to do that especially? my ideas were pretty much just something during school hours (in class or not) — but if you’re cool with them bumping into each other, both lost, then i’d love to go with that? c: i can start it if you’d like, or you can! whichever you prefer <3

Princess MisaouOffline16 POSTS
...Tired of being sick and tired. And letting all these negative thoughts collide,
Female
Freshman
demisexual
Student/LifeGuard
Members
ZURI & ARATA,

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But here's my character, so friend me maybe! -shot- Anyway, I was reading up on Arata and thought he was a pretty cool guy. Zuri gets along with just about anybody not to mention Zuri and Arata have some things in common too. Zuri might not adore dancing as much as he does but she certainly does have a special place for the art in her heart (omg that rhymes! xD) I'm not sure how he would feel about befriending a Freshman but I know that Zuri doesn't care, a friend is a friend. Zuri is on a competition dance team outside of school and has been with them for a while. She's been with the dance company for a while and they recognize that she has leadership qualities but since she's not old enough to really be hired at the company they let her be a team lead and let her run her own workshops and occassionally co-coach a dance class or two. I'm not sure if you would want them to be friends and I'm not sure how they would've first met, but an idea for a future thread, maybe she invited him to a dance class or workshop her dance company was having since she knows he's pretty passionate about dancing. xD

arata fujioka
laurel eliaslaurel elias
0 POSTS
Zuri Larson & arata
Arata has no problems with Zuri being a freshman, friends are friends- Regardless of clique and age. I like this idea of threading them in a dance workshop or studio, Arata goes out of his way to do anything dance so-

A first meeting idea, he could actually show up at her dance company out of nowhere because he heard about it and wanted to see? Zuri seeing Arata meandering around her dance company could lead to her asking him if he wants to join a class with her? And he does and bam; they become friends through dance, I even see it being this senpai kouhai thing if you're up for that.

He could even drag her along to one of the dance classes he teaches to watch or because he needs help because his co-teacher is absent in a later thread between the two. ouo)b
Princess MisaouOffline16 POSTS
...Tired of being sick and tired. And letting all these negative thoughts collide,
Female
Freshman
demisexual
Student/LifeGuard
Members
ZURI & ARATA,

Sounds perfect to me! Sure, I'm sure that Arata has been dancing longer than Zuri has even though she started when she was young too. Zuri is always willing to learn more! (She'll totally call him senpai, don't tempt me LOL) And yeah, whether it's watching or helping him teach she's down for anything. I'm sure she'd be really excited to be of help to him. When she feels like her friends need her she feels a little special, not gonna lie. (Maybe even after we've threaded together for a while she would take their dance friendship to the next level and take him ice skating. Introducing him to the world of figure skating which she does as a hobby. It's a whole different type of dancing but it should be fun to watch him try while she skates cricles around him (literally) LOL xD

arata fujioka
HestiaOffline31 POSTS
All of your flaws are aligned with this mood of mine. Cutting me to the bone, nothing left to leave behind.
eighteen
male
senior
pansexual
student / model
Jock
arielle davenport + arata fujioka
Okay, I think we already decided that Ari completely adores Arata's cat and plays with the kitty whenever she has the chance. She works her butt off at dance and can still barely keep up with Arata...
tristan lockhart + laurel elias
Secretly, Tristan has a crush on this girl and he doesn't even realize it. Right now, he's just oddly intrigued by her and will obviously come to her defense if somebody's being rude to her or something like that.

At the moment, he sees it as him defending someone who might not be able to fight back rather than just being protective of the girl he likes - and he probably won't realize the real reason behind his actions until he sees with his own eyes that she can take care of herself despite being blind...which would honestly make him have a more genuine interest in her rather than the creepy big-brother-like interest.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll