A SLICE OF LIFE HIGH SCHOOL CLIQUES ROLEPLAY
AUG
autumn games event has ended! you can claim your event rewards here.

AUG
activity check is up! make sure to post in it before it ends august 19th!

AUG
we've been around for six months! can you believe it?! better read these updates to make sure!

NOV
updates
staff

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

trinkets that mean nothing, ft. victoire
24 POSTSALIAS luCURRENTLY Offline
We were caught up and lost in all of our vices In your pose as the dust settled around us
sixteen
female
sophomore
heteroflexible
prankster & vlogger
Fringe
What they said wasn't true You're beautiful
Everytime she looked at the ring her nose scrunched and she felt like she would puke. After sufficient prodding from the few times she saw her parents and a good scare from her sister, Emma had been forced to wear the stupid ring. Her long fluffy raven locks seemed to breathe with her chest as she sighed, putting up the book she had been browsing.

She had been dealing with this for a while. Her sudden fringe status and how it seemed like she left her delinquent friends behind. Her arranged marriage all while keeping her grades up, making sure her sister wouldn't maim her and work on a steady vlogging channel. No one said high school would be easy.

Emma had a day free. No homework and no projects, she had a queue for her channel and her sister was busy. The arranged marriage was the only thing bothering her. She had recently brought a book back, The Bride... something that dealt dear to her situation. She would normally be able to finish the books she had before her next free day came along and Emma had gotten very good at hiding these things from her sister and Spencer, not like he cared anyway.

Her hands caressed a book titled Sparrow... then Emmalyn wondered if people got some sort of sick satisfaction as they read these books... Did they feel good about their romantic freedom? That they weren't tied to some testosterone drunk meat head jock? She felt her face get red as her forehead rested on the bookcase. Maybe she could just dream this all away? Could she ever actually be normal?

28 POSTSALIAS hikaruCURRENTLY Offline
we can make this leap, through the curtains of the waterfall
sixteen
male
junior
pansexual
student
Loner
The bean-bag chair crunched softly beneath Victoire as he nestled deeper into its folds, a paperback copy of Neuromancer in one hand and the other chilling behind his head. Golden light poured in from the windows, little motes of dust playing in the rays. He held the book close to his face and breathed in deep, eyes closed as he let the old and earthy smell of the pages spread out from his lungs and fill him up. Victoire, a beast who tended toward restless action and constant re-action, was blissfully at rest.

It was so quiet that he heard the sigh before the library carpet swallowed it up. His eyes flicked toward the sound. A girl stood, leaning her forehead against a bookcase, soft and pretty. She was clearly in some distress. Not that it was Victoire’s business. He was turning back to his book when the light glinted off of the girl’s fingers just so that the flash caught and tugged his eyes back to her.

Wow. That looked pretty expensive.

“Is that an engagement ring?” He was near enough that he could speak and be heard without being too loud. Still, his voice seemed to fill the space around him, and he cleared his throat self-consciously.

EMMALYN BAUER
We were caught up and lost in all of our vices In your pose as the dust settled around us
sixteen
female
sophomore
heteroflexible
prankster & vlogger
Fringe
She had to jump at the voice and knock her head on the shelf like a dunce. Just had to... She seethed as she set the book she had been holding onto the shelf, rubbing the agitated area. Slapstick comedy. Apparently, the world thought this was funny. She turned to the boy beside her. He was taller but... when you look at it, who wasn't taller than Emma?

Her hand covered the ring but she knew it was too late... she let her fingers circle the diamond before she ran her hands through her hair in frustration. "No... it's a curse." She dramatized, wanting to knock her head against the wooden bookcase in front of her... although she might have been wary of brain damage. Could you get that from tapping your head aganinst something for too long?

Mental note to look that up when she was at home. Her attention turned back to the boy and she remembered his question. "Ah sorry did you.... need something from this shelf?" She questioned, grabbing the Sparrow and stepping away from the bookcase. Maybe he just needed a book off the shelf? Or was he just interested in the shiny thing around her finger?

sixteen
male
junior
pansexual
student
Loner
“A curse. All right, Aurora.” He bit down a smile, looking the girl up and down with bright eyes.

It could be that she was just very affluent. This school had those types, himself included. But such an answer would only blow away the vestiges of his interest, and he would be forced to navigate the resulting social encounter until he could come up with a polite excuse to turn back to the adventure he had abruptly ripped himself away from. He hoped she had more to offer than that.

He gestured to his book with a raised hand to indicate that he did not, in fact, need something from the shelf. “It is a very pretty ring, cursed or no. Your Maleficent must be very well-off.”

EMMALYN BAUER
sixteen
female
sophomore
heteroflexible
prankster & vlogger
Fringe
She stuck her tongue out at him. How dare she be compared to Aurora. She was nothing like that blond twit. She knew about her curse and was actively trying to combat it. However, she did feel her face flush as the wording might have been more dramatic than it needed to be.

"Yes... I think it's actually rather pretty. I would actually love it if it was given with some kind of meaning behind it." She mentioned, rubbing the ring. But it wasn't. It was some stupid ring that her parents had helped to pay for to show the engagement. It had no loving meaning behind it. It was a cold unfeeling gem.

"So you came over here... simply to ask about my ring? What are you trying to be my Prince Philip?" She was going to drown this Sleeping Beauty comparison with all of her strength. It was a harmless flirt, however, she wouldn't be unhappy if it went somewhere. They had a mutual disrespect for the engagement, her and Spencer. She liked those vibrant blue eyes of his. She might have even placed some of her fluffy black hair behind her ear, showing the multiple piercings that were in her ear. Back to the days when she wasn't threatened by her sister.

sixteen
male
junior
pansexual
student
Loner
“You couldn’t blame me for trying.” She had pushed a lock of hair behind her ear, revealing a collection of piercings that twinkled and winked at him. She was flushing. It was cute, man.

Victoire was still, however, more interested in the story behind the ring. Or perhaps there wasn’t one; the girl had said herself that she would have loved it were there any meaning behind it. Had it been given without meaning? Tossed in her direction, like those offhanded comment about the weather thrown about in polite conversation? Perhaps she was the scion of a wealthy businessman who, kept away from his daughter like a storm persistently drives a ship from the shore, showered her in gifts and pretty things as compensation, and, embittered by her place in second to his ambition, the daughter now looks at the ring with nothing but resentment.

A compelling story! Victoire inwardly lauded himself as a creative genius-prodigy-raconteur extraordinaire. He was getting off-track, here.

“The ring means nothing, then? ‘Oh-I-just-had-this-laying-around-here-you-go?’” His disbelief rang like a brass bell. It was too nice to be something a girl just picked up at Pandora. Unless she really was the shadowed daughter of an overseas tycoon. Another possibility struck him, and his eyebrows climbed to his hairline. “Did you steal it?”

EMMALYN BAUER
sixteen
female
sophomore
heteroflexible
prankster & vlogger
Fringe
"Yes! My dad is the leader of a gang of thieves and he's training me!" The sarcasm dripped from her voice as her fingers ran over the ring, remembering the tense day that it had been presented to her. She had already known she was engaged to Spencer. She just hoped she could live without a trinket reminding her of it every moment.

However, her family had different plans. The harsh words and actions from her sister that resulted in a bruised cheek. The then dark, no glimpse of hope or happiness, stares from her parents as they stood above her, the ring sitting on the kitchen table still in its pristine box.

It must have cost thousands of dollars. Not like her family ever had trouble with money but she had never expected for her family to dish out that much on her. Even though... it wasn't really on her. It was on Spencer. They loved him. He was perfect although it seemed like her family had fallen for an imaginary person. "It's an engagement ring. An arranged marriage." She replied, her voice laced with a bit of sadness.

"You're more of a prince than he'll ever be, I have to admit." She hadn't been faithful to the engagement to begin with. Spencer wasn't either. It seemed only fair.

sixteen
male
junior
pansexual
student
Loner
“Well.” Victoire, as stupidly talkative as he was, seemed at a loss for words. “Thank you.” He had meant for his original comment to come off as a joke, but it was clear that it was a point of contention that the girl had been struggling with for a long time. Obviously the girl did not want the marriage; it had been arranged by her family, most likely.

“I--” and he hesitated, groping for words. “I didn’t know that arranged marriages happened here. In this day and age.” Evidently he was wrong, and maybe he shouldn’t have said that to the girl. The girl--he inwardly smacked his head; he didn’t even know the girl’s name. He’d been so caught up in asking her questions that he’d forgotten himself and his courtesies. Margaery would have been livid. He carefully decided to venture, “You know, I don’t think I ever caught your name? I’m Victoire.”

EMMALYN BAUER
sixteen
female
sophomore
heteroflexible
prankster & vlogger
Fringe
Now here was a dilemma... obviously she wasn't going to tell him her last name. That was just asking for trouble when her sister was one of the most popular girls in school, for better or worse. Everyone knew the Bauer name, but not everyone knew Emma Bauer. A well-kept secret, she often considered herself. She seemed to curtsey as she fiddled with a few of her hoop ear piercings. "Emmalyn Kalani."

She decided to only say her first and middle name. He seemed charming enough to be able to know her middle name. Many regarded it as exotic but Emma just kind of wished people would see it as her. The calm and quiet but caring and clingy individual. "Pleased to meet you, Victoire." It seemed to roll off her tongue like honey.

sixteen
male
junior
pansexual
student
Loner
“Likewise.” He shifted forward on the bean bag, setting an elbow on his knee and palming his chin. He was squinting at Emmalyn with a bird-like tilt to his head. A lock of hair fell over his eye, and he huffed at it with a breath but otherwise made no effort to sweep it away.

Emmalyn looked to be his age. Had he attended class more, he might have had a better chance at recognizing her. As it was, regardless of how old she was, Victoire decided that it was too young to already be committed to marriage. To be promised to a single person so early in your life--what a damn shame! She had already made it abundantly clear that she despised the idea of marriage; Victoire wondered what circumstances in an average suburban family’s life could lead to an arranged engagement.

But was it arranged, or forced?

“You don’t want to get married,” he said. It was a statement, with inquisitive nuances. “But I’m guessing it’s not as easy as going up to your parents and saying, ‘You know what, maybe not.’”

EMMALYN BAUER
sixteen
female
sophomore
heteroflexible
prankster & vlogger
Fringe
"You're definitely clever I'll give you that." She smirked, leaning against the bookcase, her cute boots prepping her against the bookcase but not ruining any of the books. A pose that just so slightly made her skirt flare out. This was nothing that her sister had taught her. This was something Emmalyn knew from months of secretly spiting her parent's wishes for an arranged marriage.

"They say arranged but what they really mean is that I am this man's wife... for all intents and purposes. Just nothing can be done until the wedding day to make it legal." She explained, her gaze settling on him and his soft hair. It probably felt like downy feathers. "Believe me if it were that easy, I would have never worn this ring in the first place.... it would... free me up for other things." She remarked.... definitely flirting towards him.

sixteen
male
junior
pansexual
student
Loner
He whistled, low and long, as he might watching a firework ascend into the sky or a car slipping off a cliff. Maybe it was because of the situation which Emmalyn had spread out before him, matter-of-fact, like she was passing along tips to maintain healthy hair. Maybe it was because of the way her skirt had revealed the curve of her thighs. Her legs slid sneakily into her boots. His eyes slid back to her eyes, watching him.

“That is unfortunate,” Victoire said, failing to elaborate on what exactly he meant by that. He frowned. “You already have a date for the big day?” He didn’t say what he was thinking, which was: but you’re still in school. My age. A girl. Who has yet to live out her life as a single and slim and pretty little thing, without inhibitions or responsibilities. This, to Victoire, amounted to a sin equal in weight to that of cold-blooded murder. Although, he supposed, she had already been denied that privilege when she was promised who knows how long ago.

EMMALYN BAUER
sixteen
female
sophomore
heteroflexible
prankster & vlogger
Fringe
She liked the whistle... whether he could say or not if he liked her flirting, that whistle was really the only thing she needed to tell her he at least felt something. She sighed, pulling her hair out of her face to pull it behind her ear again. The fluffy stuff really wouldn't stay or do anything it was told. "You see that's my silver lining in this situation." She remarked.

The red string of hope, the spider web that she would grasp towards trying to find a way out. "I'm hoping eventually I'll have someone in my life that encourages me enough to stand up for it." She confessed, tracing her knuckles as she glanced from the ring to Victoire several times.

sixteen
male
junior
pansexual
student
Loner
“Wow,” he said, leaning back and looking up at her. His grin was as toothy as it was reciprocative, but his pointed eyebrows were asking questions of their own. Like: “That bad? Is he, like, not hot enough for you or something?”

He settled back into his bean bag and considered a far more nefarious alternative, one which somberly drew his lips back together and caused his eyebrows to climb higher and ask more questions. It may have been more polite to keep such ideas inside, to deprive those flames of oxygen and smother it, but Victoire had never been the type of boy who willingly held back when he could just ask. Besides, if she wasn’t into it, she’d have stopped him. Or she would.

“Or is it, like . . . bad.” His brows furrowed as he thought about it. “He’s not, like, older than you right? By a lot? Or . . .” and he trailed off into silence, staring at the carpet, seeming to concentrate on something which he wasn’t planning on articulating.

EMMALYN BAUER
sixteen
female
sophomore
heteroflexible
prankster & vlogger
Fringe
She furiously set the book down on the shelf beside her, hair bouncing on impact as she turned and found a stack of random and ordinary papers to organize on the table. Her tone was angry as she was reminded of the meathead. "Well, think of the worst person possible and multiply that by two." She scoffed, hands pulling furiously against the papers in an effort to quell her anger. "He's almost two years older than me and should be in senior class..." She only found glee in his shortcomings.

"... but he failed." Don't tell him the details of why, normally failing is because of stupidity so she'd let the handsome male behind her believe that. She began to slow as her thoughts of him started to flow away. She hated him and while her hatred might be multiplied because of the unwanted engagement, she was sure they would never be friends by normal circumstances.

"Believe me... I've tried the 'make him angry enough to call it off' approach. He won't do it." She lamented, setting the now organized papers against the table. Whose were these anyway? Maybe she'd get a thank you from the librarian later in the week. Speaking of the devil, the little librarian walked by their shelf hall and Emma waved. She was so frail and sweet but if you were on her bad side, be ready for the venom of a snake. She passed by without questions.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll