MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
COMING SOON
JAN 21 — NEW YEAR'S EVE BALL IS OVER! thanks everyone for participating and PM BEAR if your character did not get their award!

JAN 08 — NEW SKIN! as always, pm bear for bugs!

influence
FRINGES STARTING TO CATCH UP FROM WINNING THE SNOWDOWN SNOWBALL FIGHT!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Add Reply
New Poll

category for a mangaka character
Takumi ueda
IS CURRENTLY
0 POSTS
Hello! I'm new to the website and I'm seeking to start with a mangaka-wannabe character. Specifically I want to make him a kind of guy who isn't really a nerd or a hardcore otaku, someone 'average' at that, but still enjoys this craft and values it as seriously as any other. The thing is, I don't know if such a character would qualify as a Nerd or a Creative because of, you know, manga being a very nerd-like activity to do. What do you guys think?

For those who have read-watched it I seek to play a Bakuman-style character. Pretty much a Moritaka.
bear IS CURRENTLY Online
So I take my time Are you ready for it?
female
Administrator
code skool
cute things
forest guardian
536 POSTS
hi! first off, welcome to the site!

your character sounds like they could fit into either a nerd or a creative category! it really depends on other traits - maybe they're really dedicated to creativity and expressing themselves, so they could fit in with the creatives, or are they really awkward and kind of shy? maybe they would fit better as a nerd.

also, think about what type of people they might want to hang out with! for characters that can go either way, would they prefer to hang out with nerds or creatives?
Takumi ueda
IS CURRENTLY
0 POSTS
Mmm, no. I think he is more of the artist type. I like the kind of vibe that Inio Asano, Shuzo Oshimi and the new generation goes and I expect to roleplay much about the craft of art itself, so your average otaku manga nerd doesn't fit the bill. He is also shy, but not shy to the point of being a socially awkward - just shy because of... well, shy. But the Creatives already have a whole bunch of people already so it feels kinda... abusive.
bear IS CURRENTLY Online
So I take my time Are you ready for it?
female
Administrator
code skool
cute things
forest guardian
536 POSTS
sure! definitely sounds like he'd like to be grouped with the creatives. don't worry too much about clique numbers! for your first character, you can more or less ignore those and play whatever you'd like. those are just suggestions people who think they want to make another character but don't have anything settled yet, etc. http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9gcm3GGDG1qzckow.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll