MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

JUN
SOFT REOPENING! all old members & invited members can start making characters! for what's new, read the announcement here!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
SCHOOL'S OUT - BUT CLIQUE RIVALRIES ARE STILL IN!

Add Reply
New Poll

o holy keef
butterOnline87 POSTS
misses boombasic, hit that bass
female
senior
hetero
hair stylist
Fringe
feels like we’re
on the edge right now
All these voices in my head get loud I wish that I could shut them out I'm sorry that I let you down
As a senior, school was Trinity’s least favorite place to be. There were plenty of free periods - true - but at the same time, she still had to go to classes that she loathed. Mainly because her grades for said classes were in the dump. Before she had left her house that morning, she had checked the schedule and seen that she was stuck with art.

Now see, there’s nothing wrong with art. It’s just, she isn’t uh...inclined? Everything looks a hundred times better in her head than it does on paper. The fact that is the case frustrates her.

So, how was she to make it through the day? As she was wrapping a scarf around her neck, she remembered the cookies made the day before. “Yeeessss.” This would be the best art class ever. Grabbing the tupperware container (small enough to fit in her bag but big enough to hold about five large pot sugar cookies), she stuffed it away and headed off to school.

By the time fourth period came around, she had almost forgotten the cookies. That was until she spotted Piper across the room. That’s right, we were supposed to make cookies together… Dropping her bag off at her seat, she then jogged over to Piper, ignoring whoever was around her.

“Pippers, I brought cookies.” Would Piper realize why the word was emphasized? Maybe not. Trinity at least hoped not. She’d never seen the perfect elite high. It’s not like there’s a shit ton in there…it just happens to be keef. She shrugged mentally and smiled.

NOTES, game on
TAGS, piper finch

bearOffline68 POSTS
but no, i'm never gonna be 'cause i don't wanna be, no, I don't wanna sit still look pretty
female
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
Members
last night you were in my room and now my bedsheets smell like you, i'm in love with the shape of you
why had piper decided to take art again?!

oh, right, because it was supposed to be an easy class. but apparently a class in which guidelines were unclear and expectations nebulous at best was more stressful for her than if she had just taken ap chemistry, probably. also, like, the teacher was actually nuts. piper was pretty sure he wasn’t actually qualified and was just some bum they picked up off the street.

plus… the people who took art class were not exactly people she would choose to keep in her company if she had had the choice. nothing against creatives, but… some of them were just so damn spacey.

“Pippers, I brought cookies.”

case in point. trinity Watson. piper’s mouth hardened a bit as she took her time looking up from her sketchbook, where she’d been sketching today’s assignment.

oh, right. piper winced internally once she’d remember that she may have… promised her former childhood friend to bake cookies with her, which she assumed was why trinity had weirdly referred to the cookies she held in her grasp.

“oh… yeah. they, look good!” piper’s smile was a bit forced, but it was there. “sorry, I guess our, uh, plans fell through?” she shrugged a bit, then cleared her throat. “did you… bring them for the whole class? that’s nice of you.”

butterOnline87 POSTS
female
senior
hetero
hair stylist
Fringe
feels like we’re
on the edge right now
All these voices in my head get loud I wish that I could shut them out I'm sorry that I let you down
Ah yeah, that’s right. Piper wasn’t exactly her friend anymore. Well, exactly isn’t how to put it. They weren’t friends anymore. Sad, but true fact. Trinity needed to win back her trust, or something along those lines. She couldn’t really remember because - well, Titty forgets things easily. What she was positive of, was that they had fun when they were younger, right? Why not try again.

When Piper acknowledged her, she could tell immediately that her presence wasn’t wanted. Ah well, whatever. Keeping a smile on her face, she offered the container toward the girl after snagging a cookie for herself. “Nah, we never really made plans. Not concrete anyway.” She shrugged and pulled up a chair near Piper. Not too close, but Trinity didn’t feel like standing while class hadn’t even really started yet.

She side glanced at what Piper was drawing, and couldn’t make it out too well. Taking a bite out of the cookie, her attention was drawn back to what Piper was saying. Share with the class? Arching a brow she shook her head. “Psh, there’s like...four cookies in here. Just enough for us.” Trinity took a small nibble after she said that. Would Piper think her rude to not include everyone else? Her shoulders slumped a little as she swallowed the tiny bit of cookie she’d bit off.

“Sorry, they’re just...special. Didn’t wanna waste them all on other kids who aren’t my friends.” Don’t lie, you just didn’t even think about them. Deciding to change the subject, she nodded towards the sketchbook, “Whatcha drawin’?”

NOTES, give it a couple more posts before the high kicks in lmao
TAGS, piper finch

bearOffline68 POSTS
but no, i'm never gonna be 'cause i don't wanna be, no, I don't wanna sit still look pretty
female
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
Members
last night you were in my room and now my bedsheets smell like you, i'm in love with the shape of you
“oh – and you’re sharing them with me? well, thanks.” piper blinked, touched by the gesture. especially since she knew she hadn’t exactly been kind to trinity in the past. at the same time, though, she was still a little hesitant to accept them. she didn’t want to lead trinity on, per se.

but, it would probably be more rude to just decline, so piper reached out a hand and took one from the offered box. the elite gave trinity a small grin and took a nibble of the chocolate-chip cookie.

huh. as she bit into it, piper furrowed her brow lightly. there was something just a little bit off about the taste of the cookie. “did you use some.. spices in this, or something?” it wasn’t, well, spicy, but it wasn’t just an ordinary cookie, either. oh, well. seeing trinity munch down happily, piper decided the faint aftertaste wasn’t something that bothered her too much, and chewed the rest of her cookie as well. it was still a pretty good cookie, after all.

“oh, well the assignment is about perspective, and i’m drawing – I’m drawing the street outside our apartments,” piper couldn’t help but smile, knowing trinity would probably recognize the scene, with the trees covering up their building and the streetlights shining through. “what are you doing?”

butterOnline87 POSTS
female
senior
hetero
hair stylist
Fringe
feels like we’re
on the edge right now
Ah, there was the nice warm and fuzzy feeling she’d been waiting for. She couldn’t help but giggle when Piper asked if she used spices. Really? Maybe it was because she wasn’t used to weed, but Trinity couldn’t taste it. It’s probably like how a smoker can’t really smell the smoke odor in their car like a non smoker can.

She gave Piper a smile and nodded. She wouldn’t tell her exactly what “spices” she used, however. Listening intently as her childhood friend began to explain what the project was about, she had to blink a couple times. Her eyes felt puffy. After she finished the cookie she grabbed her bag and pulled out her sketchbook.

Trinity was taken aback for a moment when she noted the street that she used to live on, before her parents bought their new residence. Flipping open her sketchbook she showed Piper what she’d been working on.

“I call it, ‘A Bunny’s Perspective.’” She let out a small ‘pft’ at the memory, “I found a bunny, laid next to it, and drew from its eye level.”

NOTES, sorry for the wait!
TAGS, @open

bearOffline68 POSTS
female
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
Members
piper raised her eyebrow lightly when trinity affirmed that yes, she had put something different in the brownies. but then, it was an innocent enough move and question that she didn’t feel the need to push further.

the elite peered curiously over trinity’s shoulder when she pulled out her own sketchbook. suddenly, her eyes felt strangely heavy, and she had to blink a couple times for the picture to come into focus. huh, that was weird.. but she had been staying up late last night doing physics homework.

trinity’s drawing was nice, and piper giggled a little bit at the scene. “and it just lied down the whole time for you? how nice. I like the way you did the shadows on the grass.”

piper felt herself smiling more and more as she stayed in trinity’s presence. she heard footsteps of the art teacher pass by her, and checked over her shoulder to make sure he wasn’t hovering, before pulling her own sketchbook closer and beginning to work again.

she looked down at her page, where she’d already lightly sketched in the colors she’d be using. even though she had been sure to use a light hand earlier, the streetlights and colored window shutters seemed so bright now.. piper frowned. “I think.. this looks a bit too intense, right? should I tone it down?”

butterOnline87 POSTS
female
senior
hetero
hair stylist
Fringe
feels like we’re
on the edge right now
Setting the book on the table, she let out a childish giggle when she thought back to the bunny. “Nah,” another small fit of giggles, “I scared the crap outta it when I plopped down next to it.” Trinity stretched her arms over her head, enjoying the tingly feeling this specific strain of weed had.

When questioned about the tone of Pippy’s drawing, all she could manage was a ‘hmmm.’ “I have no idea. Never been the real artsy type.” Looking back at Piper’s drawing, she pointed to the small grassy patch near the building. “‘Eeeey, we used to have picnics there, right?” Even though her memories were a little hazy because of the pot, she was pretty sure they had at least played in that spot. Taking a strand of her hair, she made a faux mustache and glanced to her friend.

“Excuse me Miss, would you like to come back to my place this evening?” Trinity tried to pretend she had a gruff manly voice, but it was hard. Clearing her throat, she gave an eyebrow waggle and then a wink in her friend’s direction.

NOTES, T_T
TAGS, piper finch

bearOffline554 POSTS
i miss missing you now and then
female
code skool
cute things
forest guardian
Administrator
While he's already in the arts wing, the student volunteer figures he can look around for some more valentines day recipients. Luckily, they're not hard to find and identify, and he barges into the art room. Announcing loudly, he heads over to Trinity, "Valentines grams for one pretty lady!"

To: Titty
free for a ride?
bearOffline68 POSTS
female
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
Members
piper let out a genuine laugh, which even she was surprised by. oh, trinity. she was always on the loud and bold side, even when they were kids. “like that time we were feeding bread to those ducks, and you kept trying to get closer until they ran away?” she shook her head. “at least your imagination’s pretty good. it looks like you were up close.”

she sat back in her chair and blinked. for some reason everything was starting to feel a bit hazy, but maybe she was just getting tired – it was the end of the day, after all.

piper turned her head towards trinity, whose bright head of hair seemed so much louder than it did before. “yeaaaaah,” she frowned, trying hard to remember. it was so long ago… yeah, we did! hahaha, we just sat around in the dirt and stuff. kids are soooo gross.”

when trinity put on her fake persona, piper’s eye widened and she let out a loud guffaw. trinity was just being, like, the funniest person ever right now. that was why she was laughing so much, right? because her friend was just being soooo funny? “oh my god, trinity, stoooop,”

piper tried to mimic her and brought her own strand of hair up, adopting the same (if unsuccessful) gruff tone. “miss? I don’t see any misses around here. sir, would you like me to check your eyes for you?”

butterOnline87 POSTS
female
senior
hetero
hair stylist
Fringe
feels like we’re
on the edge right now
Trinity was dying. Not literally, but Piper was just so funny, she couldn’t help herself. She broke into a fit of laughter and fell to the floor. Damn, that hurt her ass. She hissed at the slight pain but then gave a thumbs up to her friend. “‘sall good!” Slowly and carefully, she crawled back up into the chair and sighed. Nice high.

For a moment she sat there with her eyes closed in silence. It wasn’t until she felt herself slipping off the chair, that she opened her eyes. “The good ol’ days...when it was okay to be covered in dirt. And have cuts on your arms without people questionin’ your sanity.” Then her train of thought was cut off, because someone was handing her a valentine’s gram. A hand went to her forehead, she’d completely forgotten.

Squinting at the letters as she opened the note, she realized it was from Cruz. He was a friend of Dean’s, so she probably shouldn’t say anything about it to Piper. They were having fun, after all. Trinity glanced back to her friend and patted the girl on the head. She was starting to get sleepy. Damn… Trying to hold back a yawn, she leaned forward and put her chin to the back of the chair that she was now straddling. “Decide on what colors ya wanna use?”

NOTES, merp
TAGS, piper finch

bearOffline68 POSTS
female
senior
asexual
ballerina & tutor
Members
piper barely even registered the second voice that broke into their conversation. she blinked slowly when she realized trinity was now holding some sort of pink-colored card in her hand, which she read. oh.. it was that time of year, wasn’t it? for valentines. huh.

the elite sat back in her chair, smiling. “ooh, who is that from?” she wondered, teasingly, especially when trinity didn’t say anything about it.

unfortunately, when the redhead let out a yawn, piper couldn’t help but to flutter her eyes and let one out, too, forgetting all about her previous train of thought in the process. why was she suddenly so tired? “ah-hah, sorry, guess I’ve been staying up too late… sorry, what were you saying?”

colors? piper tilted her head a bit, a little confused. then her eye caught sight of the painting still on her desk. “oh, right.”

she looked down at it, still a little out of it. slowly, a wide smile spread across her face as her mind conjured up colorful possibilities. “I think… something purple. and yellow. and green. piper looked up. “what do you think?”

butterOnline87 POSTS
female
senior
hetero
hair stylist
Fringe
feels like we’re
on the edge right now
More students were filing in as the time for class to start was encroaching upon them. Trinity let out a heavy sigh, did she really want to stay for class? She gave Piper a glance, wondering if she would think poorly of her if she did leave. It seemed that for some reason, she valued her friendship with Piper very important. Trinity couldn’t remember if there was a specific reason or not - but once a friend of hers, always a friend.

Uhg, she had noticed. Now that she’d been called out, she couldn’t lie to her. Well, she could but she wouldn’t. Instead of saying anything, she handed the piece of paper to Piper and looked back at Pip’s project. Blinking at her friend’s yawn, she couldn’t help but laugh. Can’t wait to tell you later what was in these cookies…

Focusing back on the drawing, she tilted her head to the side and pursed her lips. “Are we talkin’ like, strong colors or more mellow? ‘Cuz I think mellow would be better, y’know?”

NOTES, idk man
TAGS, piper finch

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll