A SLICE OF LIFE HIGH SCHOOL CLIQUES ROLEPLAY
AUG
autumn games event has ended! you can claim your event rewards here.

AUG
activity check is up! make sure to post in it before it ends august 19th!

AUG
we've been around for six months! can you believe it?! better read these updates to make sure!

NOV
updates
staff

Add Reply
New Poll

meow? [OPEN], you heard nothing
7 POSTSALIAS eliCURRENTLY Offline
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
seventeen
male
junior
demisexual
build-a-bear workshop
Loner
ashes to ashes dust to dust
you're gonna burn with the rest of us
Now, Datura was the sort who wouldn't claim to be an animal lover, but he certainly had a knack for getting followed by them. He just so happened to usually enjoy leaving food out for the strays near his and Tommaso's apartment and... well, anywhere else they crossed the poor critters. Cats, dogs, birds, fish, you name it and he fed it. It just felt nice to help the little ones out. They needed the care just as much as a person did, and maybe it was also to fill the small void left where his sister once was. Taking care of things much smaller than him just felt... right.

However, on this particular day he came across something unexpected. He wasn't the sort to actually ever take in strays. Taking them in only meant more would come. He was satisfied with simply feeding them and keeping them well-nourished. All he wanted was to satisfy that fleeting need that came and went. He wasn't looking for a companion. He already had one.

Yet there he sat in class, unusually awake and with both hands buried in his bag set atop his desk. His usual bored expression did little to explain what was going on. He was more focused than normal, not that "normal" gave much in the way of standards. The new transfer from Italy was always sleeping or just following Tommaso around. He was hardly expressive, didn't talk much, and rarely went out of his way to interact with others. He was nice enough, but the absurdly tall Italian was just... not going to go out of his way to make friends.

But there was definitely something strange about his bag. Something else was in there, and it was moving. It was probably the reason for the young man's focus, unconsciously making a sort of kissy face at whatever it was.

Even after the class had come to an end Datura remained in his seat, those eyes never leaving the inside of the bag. Probably with the lack of lecturing noise it was suddenly apparent that the small noise no one could quite pinpoint was coming from that bag.

And- most distinctly- it was a mewing.

BY MITZI
4 POSTSALIAS KaiaCURRENTLY Offline
Male
Faculty
Demisexual
Maths Teacher / Uber Driver
Faculty
@[DETURA GENOA]
Dylan rubbed his eye with the back of his hand as he squinted at his lecture notes. He had no idea what was going on, but it felt like allergies, which was impossible, since the only thing he was actually allergic to was a cat. He sneezed loudly, burying his nose in his elbow and muttering a: “ ’scuse me,” before writing a set of page and problem numbers up on the board. This had started about halfway through class, and it was driving him crazy. Maybe someone had a cat, and they’d dragged in half it’s dander on their uniform? Or maybe he was going insane and there really was no cat. It was all in his head.

“Homework for today,” he said, taking a step back from the board and gesturing at vaguely at it. “It’s got bits of everything we covered in class today, so if you were paying attention you should be fine. There’s four pages of problems. If you’re going for an A in the class, do all four. It’s like twenty-five problems, it’s not that bad.” He yanked a tissue off his desk and sneezed into it. “Christ, ‘scuse me,” he muttered. “If you need help, I’m here after school until five-ish and during lunch. Mr. Genoa, good to know how you appreciate linear equations,” Dylan said with a confused frown as one of the exchange students puckered his lips at something.

The bell rang out over the loudspeaker and there was a distinct clatter of chairs being thrown backward and freedom-starved teenagers leaping for the door.

Dylan chucked his tissue into the bin and was about to start his after-class ritual of tucking all chairs back under desks – starting at the back corner by the door and working his way to the front corner by the window – when he heard something distinctly mewling. His head snapped sideways. No, he was imaging it. Why would there be meowing here? It was probably a chair leg scraping against a desk or something.

There was one student still sitting at his desk, which was weird because Dylan taught Maths. Usually people wanted to get as far away from Maths as possible. There it was again! That was a meow, he was absolutely certain! “Mr. Genoa, is your bag meowing at me?” he asked with no confidence. He was still half certain he was going mad.
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
seventeen
male
junior
demisexual
build-a-bear workshop
Loner
At first it didn't register that someone had come up and spoken to him. His focus was on the inside of his bag, and it wasn't until a chair dragged across the floor causing an obnoxious sound that he looked up and noticed the teacher. The poor man looked... distressed. Datura just blinked at the man before his words finally registered.

With careful hands he pulled something out of his bag and set it on top. The tiny creature looked around in almost a daze as it wobbled on those bare, unsteady legs. Big, blue eyes peered up at the teacher, it's little mouth opening in a shrill but quiet mew.

"Found this... jelly bean outside." With his usual lack of enthusiasm Datura gestured toward the tiny kitten as if to make a point. "No one else was around so I brought him in." Truth be told he wasn't sure if it was male or female, but what difference did it make. It was a kitten and- despite his unimpressed look- it was super cute.

Oh, is it okay for me to bring it to class?" Asks the boy who already had it through the entirety of said class.

Dylan Bates

BY MITZI
4 POSTSALIAS KaiaCURRENTLY Offline
Male
Faculty
Demisexual
Maths Teacher / Uber Driver
Faculty

It was a moment before the junior answered, and when he did, it seemed to Dylan as though he’d forgotten there was anyone else in the room. He was staring intently at his bag as though at any moment it might spring to life and curl itself up in his lap. Then he stopped and blinked at Dylan, letting his words sink in, and Dylan had to wonder what the hell was in that damned bag. Gameboy? That was still a thing, right? Well, whatever it was, it had the kid completely enraptured.

He didn’t have to wait long to find out. He sneezed into the crook of his arm with a frustrated moan as Mr. Datura reached into his bag and pulled out... something small and naked, with gigantic eyes. He debated the chances of a naked mole rat being in his classroom for only a moment – until the thing let out an irritated meow. Dylan stared at it, and then at Mr. Datura, wondering what the protocol was when a student brought a cat to class – was he supposed to be angry? Was this one of those things you got sent to the principle for? He furrowed his brow, opened his mouth to speak, shut it, opened it again, and couldn’t think of anything to say. He let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair, defeated. “Of course there’s a cat in the classroom. It’s high school,” he muttered to himself, crossing the room to get a closer look.

Dylan crouched down and looked the thing in its blue eyes. “You’re just ugly as sin, aren’t you?” Dylan told it. He sneezed into a tissue and rubbed his watering eyes with the heel of his hand as his allergies went into overdrive, as though seeing the kitten was all the justification it needed. “What are you gonna do with him?” Dylan asked. “I mean you can’t… actually take it to class. It’s a… cat… kind of,” he pointed out with a ponderous frown.

WAKE ME UP INSIDE
seventeen
male
junior
demisexual
build-a-bear workshop
Loner
Datura pulled the tiny creature closer as the teacher closed in, though the only visible reaction he gave to the man's comment on the cutest thing in the world being ugly as sin was the slight furrowing of his brows. He would've liked to argue that there were people in America who apparently bred ugly dogs for competitions, but it seemed like too much work at the time. He was American too after all, right? Surely he knew about the weird things Americans did with their animals.

At the next question however... he didn't really have a response yet. Tomma hated cats. He was allergic... But naked cats would work, wouldn't they? And he definitely couldn't leave it on its own, that was for sure. Could he get away with it? With bringing a kitten into their house? It wouldn't be the first time he's sent Tomma into a tizzy over something he'd done, but just how far could he push it? The man wouldn't even recognize himself as--

But that was a topic for another time.

"I will take him home." Datura shrugged, picking the kitten up and holding it to his chest. Its little claws dug into the fabric. "... And I will name him Mr. Bates." The boy eyes the teacher, though the look he gave could've easily just been curiosity rather than a sour look. Datura wasn't usually the petty type, but after his precious finding being called such a horrible thing... yeah, he was going to take that route.

"And what if I kept him hidden? Will they send me home for bringing a gatto to school?"

BY MITZI
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll