MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUL
JULY UPDATES are here! read the updates & check out all the gossip at the ridgeview herald!

JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
JOCKS ASSERT THEIR PRESENCE AT THE COUNTY FAIR!

Add Reply
New Poll

WILD SIDE, tagged → sandro maeda
bearOffline24 POSTS
fourteen
male
freshman
heterosexual
spacecase
Fringe
as a general rule, duck liked the slow-moving reptilians that his family bred much better than the hot-blooded mammals or birds. sure, maybe they weren’t very exciting, but they were nice and non-judgmental.

sometimes the birds were kind of mean. it was something about the way they looked at you.

right now, though, duck was doing his favorite summer activity: turtle-watching.

it was like bird watching, except with turtles, and the turtles moved slower, which was just the way he liked it.

duck smiled atop the rock he was sitting on, idly watching a pair of western pond turtles dip in and out of the creek water, keeping cool in the hot summer sun. hands raised and keeping his video camera steady, duck zooms in haphazardly or shifts focus every so often, whenever something interesting happens. which thankfully isn't too frequently, for turtles. recording, recording, recording...

stuck in the sunshine riptide, dancing all alone in the morning light
jawnOffline79 POSTS
this shirt looks stupid. i should just take it off.
male
senior
secretly bi
gym custodian
Jock
Sorry to ruin your moment of peace, Duck Kelly. But out of the blue, from the thicket of young white alders, aspens, and willows lining the shores of the pond, a delicate little fawn jumps out.

Its oily hide glistens under the summer sun as it leaps forward to land on the tiny island rocks in the middle of the pond. It's like watching one of those Discovery Channel shows where predator pursues prey, and the baby deer is the unfortunate victim—only the predator following the fawn is not another animal. It's worse: a dimwitted creature in the human form of Sandro Maeda, who tails the animal and emerges from the same thicket of trees. Sure, he fails to anticipate the shallow body of water beyond the leaves before him. He trips on some upheaved roots—

"OH SHIIIII—" and accidentally dives into the water, face first. /big splash

Then, a soft ouch fleets from his mouth in a brief series of bubbles.

Fortunately, the fawn moves forward and away evading what could have been a bad hit; same with the turtles, who have been waddling about as though nothing has happened.

Now soaked all over, Sandro lifts his head to look at the guy whose peace he's just broken. Amid the aching body, he smiles and raises his hand for a brief wave. "Hey, Duck...!" He quickly slams his face back into the water right after.

tagged: duck kelly
bearOffline24 POSTS
fourteen
male
freshman
heterosexual
spacecase
Fringe
as duck is taking pictures, there’s a rustling sound that masks the sound of the camera shutter click – and the fringe frowns for just a second, squinting at his camera. huh, why’d you make that sound?

the next two seconds happen very slowly for him.

it could be said that duck’s brain only ran at 30 fps. that was untrue. it was more like 3. in fact, the only thing that he actually sees and registers is a flash of brown fur, a taller human figure, and then splaaaash.

the tan blur, however, seems to know his name. duck blinks, hand still holding up his camera as it continues recording, thankfully waterproof. oh, dear. that will be an interesting review later.

then, as quickly as it came, the deer bounds off again, without duck ever actually seeing it. instead, his gaze rests on the guy who’s just scared all of his turtles away. duck furrows his brows, and takes a few long moments to identify him. “sandro…?”

then, because his hands are already in position and sandro’s gotten rid of his preferred subjects, duck tilts his head and peers at his video camera, zooming into a clearer shot of the man on his stomach. he begins to narrate. “right… there! we have a wild sandro, in its unnatural habitat,”

jawnOffline79 POSTS
male
senior
secretly bi
gym custodian
Jock
There used to be a Duck in Sandro's same class two years ago. He sold condoms to fellow students, a quarter each. And so eventually, he was famously known as Rubber Ducky. Unfortunately, the principal found out and dismissed poor Rubber Ducky out of Ridgeview.

Alright, that's a tangent. It's not really related to the matter at hand.

With his now aching body, Sandro feels like he could just lie there for a while. Although with his face submerged in the pond, he'll be up in any moment to gasp for fresh air. His recovery turns out to be quicker, however, when he hears the freshman seemingly speak statements akin to that of a narration. Is he filming this? Is he capturing his fiasco on video? He lifts his head again to breathe, as well as to confirm his hunches.

/le gasp!

It turns out, Duck is!

Sandro quickly pushes himself up; he refuses to be caught on camera in such a sorry state. He pulls up both his sleeves and begins to flex his biceps. Then, he begins to make some Greek sculptural poses such as that of the Discus Thrower and Atlas, slowly rotating in his spot to show off all his good sides—front and back—and to show off as many toned muscles as he can. He also speaks, "What do you mean unnatural habitat? The lake is like my new gym if you haven't heard yet!"

Sandro continues to sport some mad flexes, which gets cut short when a sticky frog suddenly emerges from the cattails, jumps, and adheres to his backside. He is startled at the uninvited amphibian. He lets out a shriek and loses his balance once again, and thus, creating another big splash on the shallow turtle pond.

This is all caught on cam for sure. He is so done.

bearOffline24 POSTS
fourteen
male
freshman
heterosexual
spacecase
Fringe
oh no. rule number one of nature documentaries and how to film them is to never let the subject know, or else their behavior can change.

exhibit a: sandro maeda.

duck frowns a little when sandro immediately begins flexing and showing off for the camera. “sandro,” he pauses, choosing his words slowly. “can you act natural? like, if the camera’s not there?”

the fringe scooches forward on his rock, but takes the time anyway to check the video settings. sandro’s moving a bit faster now than his usually subjects, so he’ll probably have to up the capture speed. but that’ll use more power, and he’s already on his backup battery…

his thoughts are interrupted with a splash.

“nooo! sandro!” duck yells frantically, standing up and brushing himself off. he leans over to peer at the boy who’s now face-down in the water.

eh, he’s fine. duck, of course, goes back to check the footage. a few water droplets had splattered onto the camera lens, unfortunately muddying up some of the scene, so duck tries and wipes it off. instead, what he gets is a blurry water smear.

duck frowns, zooming in and out and now staring at the video (and not paying attention to sandro), trying to see if there’s some way to re-focus.

zooming in and out on, uh, sandro’s backside.

jawnOffline79 POSTS
male
senior
secretly bi
gym custodian
Jock
Oh, mighty Duck. If you're really asking Sandro to act like there's no camera pointed at him, it'll mean Sandro sans clothes and undies, all skin, just letting it all swing in the breeze—not exactly a sight anyone would fancy seeing. After all, Sandro feels so gross lingering around with a soaked shirt and cargo pants. If he was alone, he'd take it all off and let them dry, but he's not.

Still lying prone, he lifts his face from being dunked into the pond and turns back at the freshman with a thoughtful question, "Sorry, did I wet your camera?"

With his ripped arms, he pushes himself up like a military man ready to get into a war, and quickly checks his behind for any signs of the frog that seemed to have decided to squat on his back mountains—it is nowhere in sight.

Phew. He sighs in relief.

Sandro also starts to wonder why his interactions with animals always result in a big disaster—at least for him and his ass, literally. One time a jellyfish stung his butt. The other time a brown bear tried to take a bite off his butt. And now, a frog just clung on to his butt. There must be something really special about it. I mean, one who appreciates butts a lot would say it's a pretty good one—or if Sir Mix-a-lot were gay or bisexual, he'll be aptly singing an ode to Sandro's. Alas, the dumb jock ain't aware of this great gift he has been bestowed with.

And alas, all he could do to test his backside's distinctiveness — thinking maybe it's giving out a scent as sweet as honey — is to give it a little scratch and smell it like an untrained wild chimpanzee.

"UGH!!! EEEWWWWW!!! WHAT THE FFFFFF—!!!!" Sure, he's f*cking wrong, this dumb dipshit.

Appalled by the smell, he falls down for the third f*cking time, realizing he's no beaver with anal vanilla glands. Also, he realizes it's all caught on cam! Again! Oh, his shame!

He faces the camera with an awkward smile and hesitantly waves. "Can we re-shoot this shit? I feel like that didn't really capture my real guns."

He makes a praying gesture with a puppy-like expression. "Please?"

bearOffline24 POSTS
fourteen
male
freshman
heterosexual
spacecase
Fringe
okay, well, immersion is ruined. it’s been ruined like, a million times over.

futilely, duck tries to wave sandro off. “no, no, it’s okay! it’s waterproof, so i can shoot underwater. hey, can we pretend like the camera’s not there?” he asks again, desperately. oh, wait, crap, he just referenced it, too.

nice going, duck.

still, like any filmographer, duck knows the secret to a good film is lots and lots of shots! so, undeterred, duck keeps the camera pointed. then he blinks as sandro.. sniffs his butt?

duck has the camera zoom in and follow sandro’s arm movement, culminating in the shocked expression on the jock’s face and.. falls again. more water splashes onto his camera. oh well. thankfully for the jock’s decency, the footage is at least blurry?

however, duck has to draw the line somewhere. “no, no, no, sandro! as a filmographer, I need to capture every bit of footage I can.” he shakes his head. “this video’s already an hour and forty minutes long, and counting.”

“but I guess I can try and get some more of your good angles?” duck jumps up off his rock and walks around, rotating the viewpoint until he’s in front of sandro’s… front. not his backside.

“the wild sandro is one quite fond of the outdoor habitats,” duck attempts to narrate. “this prime specimen has quite the.. uh… upper pecks-tor-awls…”

jawnOffline79 POSTS
male
senior
secretly bi
gym custodian
Jock
"Alright! As long as you capture my best sides!" Not surprising, Sandro is quick to forget his captured shameful moments and move on. After all, he thinks the film won't be circulated to a wide audience; just for viewing pleasure to a few people in Duck's circle. Besides, an hour and forty minutes is too long for a nature documentary. He trustsDuck will cut out the bad scenes and keep the more visually pleasing ones... such as the things he does next.

Hearing the videographer's mention of his shapely pectorals, Sandro promptly pushes himself up and takes off his soaked shirt that he oh-so longed to squeeze. He sets it by the banks and turns back at the camera with alternating flexed pairs of pecs and biceps. He's no Edward Cullen; maybe more like alchemist Armstrong. It appears as though glittering stars are lingering around his ripped physique—perhaps due to his body thinly covered in his natural oils as it glistens under the sun rays peeping through the leaves.

Showing off his body of work brings him such delight, especially when he knows it's being immortalized through film.

"Is that good enough of an angle? or do you want me to show my shredded back too?"

If he's showing off his hard work, he might as well go all the way and show all his best goods. Although for sure, he's not understanding well the notion of pretending a non-existent camera. Candidness is a bit of a foreign concept.

bearOffline24 POSTS
fourteen
male
freshman
heterosexual
spacecase
Fringe
if sandro thinks that duck is going to edit any of this film before he uploads it all to youtube later, he is unfortunately mistaken. it takes so dang long to finish uploading his films to youtube, why would he delay it by bothering to edit them? besides, stuff is best left raw, and real.

also duck just doesn’t understand the concept of cutting out parts.

“this human male is at peak performance, with a powerful phy-sic and, and great upper body strength— oh, man, sandro, this isn’t working.”

it’s a hard job, film-making. especially when you’re working with someone like sandro, who’s got prime visuals but doesn’t understand what nature documentaries are all about. they’re about the honesty, the realness.

“you look great, but, um, can you just.. pretend like I’m not here?” duck asks, again, after circling sandro and having the man also rotate so that his front arms are in full view at all times. “I’ll take care of the angles! just, uhh, what were you doing before this? maybe you can, uh, get back to working out? and I can like, follow you around? it’ll be more natural!”

jawnOffline79 POSTS
male
senior
secretly bi
gym custodian
Jock
Never in his wildest dreams, Sandro has thought to star in a film. He begins to think—perhaps, he should fully embrace the star status. Perhaps, this is his foot in the door to gain the appreciation for his achievements. Perhaps someday, he'll be as successful as his older brothers and his dad. He's in the forest. He's physically able. His guts are steely enough for the wild. He figures he could Bear Grylls the shit out of this and be the popular man he dreams to be!

And so, at every request or query by the freshman, he makes a nod of approval as though he knows what he's supposed to do. He doesn't, and yet, he's not the type who could wing stuff. But he's willing to try.

Without any word, Sandro takes his shirt from the banks and jams half of it into one of his pockets; the rest of the white fabric dangles out. Inside his head, he runs a mantra saying "pretend duck ain't here and act natural" because, without a doubt, he could easily fall out of character any time. And then, he begins to recount his steps back to this area of the woods and to recall the reason he's there in the first place.

Oh riiiiiight, I wasn't even trying to work out here. I was looking for California poppies, California peonies, and red maids! Until I got distracted by the cute fawn!

At the thought, he realizes his purpose of showing up in the lake area isn't really something he can take pride in, especially on recorded film. Sandro figures the work-out reason works better for entertainment. And so he begins doing his pre-jogging stretches in place, before he darts off at a leisurely pace, starting along the shores of Lake Redwood, which is a couple hundred yards from the turtle pond.

And also, yes indeed, he completely forgets about the videographer, who hopefully follows.

bearOffline24 POSTS
fourteen
male
freshman
heterosexual
spacecase
Fringe
duck’s real dream is to work with the crew of planet earth or life or blue planet to make nature documentaries. while it’s true that editing is the bulk of the work there, there still needs to be people in exotic locations all over the globe to like, record thousands of hours of raw footage.

so this is excellent practice. being in the wild, working with uncut, unedited, entirely genuine film work.

unfortunately, duck isn’t actually familiar with how people put documentaries together. if he were, he would realize that he is only one person with a small video camera that can’t really zoom in further than fifty feet away or things start to get really blurry. and also most of those people just set up a camera and record whatever gets caught on film; they don’t just follow around wild animals.

which would be a really, really hard way to do it.

just like duck how is finding out now.

sandro is… much taller, older, and muscular than the rather lanky freshman boy is, even if he weren’t holding delicate video equipment. when sandro sets off on a leisurely pace, duck has to really sprint to keep up.

very soon, in fact, would duck realize that there was probably no way he was going to keep sandro in view, unless the other guy stopped to do pushups in the middle of the woods or something. oh no, what’s the use. duck pauses to catch his breath, and sighs. he does’t want to call him back – that would ruin the immersion – but how is he going to get any footage now? when suddenly, a branch breaks to his left.

duck whirls around, camera recording. it’s the baby deer from earlier!

when it startles and immediately starts sprinting away, duck starts to follow that, instead.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll