MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
COMING SOON
JAN 21 — NEW YEAR'S EVE BALL IS OVER! thanks everyone for participating and PM BEAR if your character did not get their award!

JAN 08 — NEW SKIN! as always, pm bear for bugs!

influence
FRINGES STARTING TO CATCH UP FROM WINNING THE SNOWDOWN SNOWBALL FIGHT!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Add Reply
New Poll

GOT A FIRE FOR A HEART, Wally
Natalie IS CURRENTLY Offline
Remember that night underneath the stars? For a minute, I thought the world was ours.
Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
33 POSTS
Wally really needed to learn how to knock on the door. Basic manners were of utmost importance and it seemed his brother clearly lacked that.

"Wally! Knock next time!" he cried out when the door slammed open, revealing his brunette twin and he quickly tugged down his shirt, but he had a feeling it would no longer help him. Wally had caught him off guard and probably had seen the bandages peeking out from beneath the t-shirt he had thrown on. Some asshole decided that it was a good day to beat him up and while Keith had fought back, it was still two against one.

Going home wasn't an issue; the rest of his family would be away at work, leaving him to clean up after himself. He had assumed that Wally would be out with his friends and would come home much later but apparently, he was wrong.
TAGGED // wally grayson
NOTES // Here you go.
rinny IS CURRENTLY Offline
i love the things you hate about yourself
male
Jock
freshman
bicurious
student
5 POSTS
wally already knew that he had a... slight issue when it came to privacy. being quite open himself, realizing that not everyone felt comfortable sharing his sentiments was a difficult thing. he never thought of the consequences after all, never really saw eye-to-eye on the need of secrecy. never had to.

and considering what his eyes had just caught, perhaps it was a good thing that he didn't.

"... keith?" his original response, an apology, had instead found itself taking on the form of his brother's name. the brunette's eyebrows furrowed with concern as his smile disappeared, wondering if the flash of white he saw was only a trick of the light. because really, why would keith be wearing bandages? ... was it some crazy skating accident? (but no—keith would be more careful than that, and benny would be there to help him out, right?)

"hey, uh, is everything okay?" he questioned, the worry obvious on his features as he stepped into the room. for a second, he paused, "... whatcha got under your shirt?" might as well take a shot in the dark.

tagged: Keith Grayson
ooc: hope this was an alright post for ya
Remember that night underneath the stars? For a minute, I thought the world was ours.
Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
33 POSTS
He really hoped Wally hadn't seen the bandages but Keith knew the look on his face far too well, indicating that he did. The two of them used to share a room but right before high school, Keith had requested whether he could use the attic as a bedroom. Although it initially had been used as a storeroom, the whole family had done a spring cleaning of the sorts.

There was another reason why Keith preferred the attic: he liked the sun shining through the windows and when the sun sets, he could spend hours watching the sky go transition from shades of pink, orange and red and it brings forth a calming effect on him, making it even easier to do his work. He felt like he was in a completely different world of his own, away from the rest of society.

"Nothing," he said in his typical grumpy manner, hoping his brother would get the message and leave him alone. "What do you want, Wally?"
TAGGED // wally grayson
NOTES // Here you go.
male
Jock
freshman
bicurious
student
5 POSTS
living with someone your whole life usually did wonders on your resistance to their mannerisms. in wally's case however, a minor flash of hurt still crossed his face when keith attempted to brush him off. of course, he could tell the blonde did not want him around at the moment; it was a signal he'd learnt to (sometimes) recognize over the years. but was this really something to hide from one another... ? it couldn't have been that serious. he hoped it wasn't that serious.

"that was a bit cold," he mumbled under his breath, similar to a whisper. however, it was almost deafening within the silence of the room. "i mean, i was gonna ask you if you'd seen my cleats. i... well—i think i misplaced them after practice yesterday. not lost, just misplaced..." he drifted off at the thought, his blue eyes sheepishly traveling towards one of the attic's many corners.

fortunately, he was able to readjust his focus back onto his twin, "but, it looks like you've gone and hurt yourself, huh?" wally then offered a tiny smile, hoping it would somehow lighten the mood after proving that yes, he knew what he saw. even if keith was apparently trying to keep it hidden. the brunette internally sighed, eventually choosing to come inside and find a seat on the edge of his brother's bed.

"you... you can talk to me about it, you know? i don't bite. uh, anymore," he said reassuringly, the smile on his lips only growing wider this time around.

ooc: he's trying haha
Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
33 POSTS
The blonde knows the chances of Wally's cleats being in his room is highly unlikely but he still helps his brother check, not trusting the brunette to go through his things without messing things up; he likes his things organised and neat, a stark contrast in comparison to Wally's mess of a bedroom.

After a while, Keith finally declares that his cleats are not in his bedroom and he expects his brother to leave. Instead, he finds himself clamming up the moment Wally outed him. His fingers unconsciously twitched at his side, nervous, and his hands eventually came up to cross over his chest — an attempt to make himself feel less exposed than he already was. He never liked being the centre of attention or have any form of focus on him, especially when he was under the scrutiny of blue irises very much like his own.

If Wallace wanted an answer, he was going to get one — but definitely not the truth.

"I skateboarded myself into a wall on the way back," he says, letting another lie slip through his lips. It's not the first time he's lied and neither will it be the last time if Wally continued to prod at him with such questions. Keith prefers to leave them unanswered; he wouldn't need to explain himself. He opts to lean against the edge of his study table, watching as his brother made himself comfortable on his bed. "What is this, interrogation day?"
TAGGED // wally grayson
NOTES // Here you go.
male
Jock
freshman
bicurious
student
5 POSTS
he saw the way his brother had crossed his chest, as if... as if he was protecting himself, blocking himself off from anything on the outside. while he could understand this, the brunette couldn't wrap his mind around why. why his twin insisted on pushing him to the outside.

and yet, he'd almost found it within himself to laugh at keith's excuse. it sounded so much like something wally would do instead, just so unlike keith. his brother had always been the smarter one between them, always, but even wally knew better than to settle for that. (how could you get injuries on your torso from crashing into a wall, anyway? he wasn't quite sure, but any ounce of doubt was good enough for him.)

it was only in response to keith's sarcasm that guilt began to seep into his system. the feeling latched on, wanted to hold on for dear life. he was being annoying, wasn't he? nosy, right? but a strong part of him fought against such thoughts. it beat them down and pushed him forward. it wouldn't let him stop.

an admittedly awkward chuckle escaped him, "i don't know, do you want it to be?" he played with the chain around his neck as he chatted, "we can always play twenty questions if you want. oh, actually, how about good cop, bad cop? except i'm the only cop, and i'm the good one. people always trust the good one."

he tried making eye contact with keith then, as if trying to send him a message, as if trying to knock on a door.

let me in.

"so please, just trust me?"

ooc: ahh, i feel like i wrote this strangely. hope it's alright for you!
Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
33 POSTS
The blonde eyed the crown pendant Wally was fiddling around with and he remembers his own pendant, hidden underneath the material of his t-shirt. They were told it had been with them since birth but he didn't know the meaning of the diagonal cross he had been entrusted with — it certainly implied that it held less significance if one were to compare it to a crown. Crowns were meant for those who were befitting of royalty, of a princely or kingly status.

Keith wasn't stupid; he knew what the look in his twin's eyes meant: let me in. He levelled his gaze with Wally's own, his expression stoic. His brother as a good cop is something Keith definitely can imagine, considering Wally had always been full of nothing but good intentions but far too naive for his own good.

"Look," he says, a finality in his tone. "Your cleats aren't here so could you please get out of my room I've got some homework to do and you'll just be a distraction, Wally— you know I work best when I'm alone."

He pauses for a moment before adding on, "Maybe next time," even though he knows there wouldn't be a next time; Keith is intent on shutting down Wally before he comes too close. He doesn't need pity and he sure as hell doesn't want his brother questioning how and why he had gotten injured. The bruises hurt but he's handled himself before – no reason for his brother to go all mother hen.

He feels guilt hit him, knowing that Wally means well, but he needed to deem himself worthy if he was going to step out of his brother's shadow. He waves a hand to the door as he makes himself comfortable in his chair, turns to face the desk and out of the window of the attic.
TAGGED // wally grayson
NOTES // Here you go.
male
Jock
freshman
bicurious
student
5 POSTS
aahh, and there it was. his sympathetic eyes suddenly became downcast and dulled, his gaze now aimed towards the floor.

wally didn't know what he was expecting. it felt as if he clung too tightly onto the hope that maybe, just maybe the shutdown wouldn't come. maybe he would somehow get through to his brother. but the blonde had already prepared defenses; the wall set up was too tall and too strong. knowing wallace though, he'd simply keep banging until his hands were beyond sore.

he bit his lip, not knowing how to respond when he felt so conflicted. did he leave, or did he keep trying? he didn't want to abandon keith. he really didn't want to. leaving isn't what brothers did, certainly not the good ones, especially not when they cared almost too much... he defiantly swallowed the lump in his throat.

but keith's following comment breathed a bit of life back into the brunette. maybe next time. ... that's where all his hopes laid.

"okay," he murmured, finally relinquishing his position on the mattress and getting up. however, he stopped himself from going to the door, still fingering the crown around his neck before taking one more look at his sibling. with furrowed eyebrows, anyone could tell that was he thinking, contemplating on what to do next.

his feet abruptly moved on their own then, placing him off to the side of the desk and hopefully into keith's peripheral. "you have to promise me though, that you'll talk to me next time," it was a firm and unwavering statement... only until wally offered up his pinky, finally allowing his pendant to dangle about once more, "pinky promise."

as juvenile as it was—wally couldn't even fight the sheepish grin that infiltrated his expression—it was a way to seal the deal. a way to keep keith to his word, he figured. because next time, definitely next time, they would talk.

definitely.

ooc: the words "give up" are not in his dictionary
Fourteen
Male
Fringe
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
33 POSTS
The shuffling of feet could be heard from behind him and Keith nearly lets out a sigh of relief until his brother is standing next to his desk, making sure that Keith is paying utmost attention to him and requests for a pinky promise. Keith scoffs inwardly; what did Wally think they were? Eight?

He stares at the hand in front of him, pinky raised, as a form of peace offering and turns away. "We're not kids anymore," he reminds his brother. Keith brings up his own hand to gently push Wally's hand away from him, guides it back to his side. The last thing Keith wants to make promises he knows he can't keep, especially when Wallace was someone who takes them so seriously and Keith does his best to be a man of his word.

Keith lets out a sigh. "We can watch that trashy movie you like this weekend," he offers. While he can't bring himself to talk to his brother on a more emotional level, that doesn't mean he can't spend time with him being normal or well, pretending everything is fine like he had always been doing. Wally is dumb and questionable but his intentions are pure — Keith knows this. "I'll ask Benny and the rest if they'd like to join."

It'll also be a good time for whoever that was left in The Breakfast Club to catch up.

TAGGED // wally grayson
NOTES // Here you go.
male
Jock
freshman
bicurious
student
5 POSTS
"o-oh," he said intelligently, ignoring the slight sting he felt as keith pushed his hand away, "right. not kids. got it." or maybe he didn't get it. another laugh left him, this one humorless, as he desperately tried maintaining a smile which had become little more than strained... than forced.

yet his ears still perked up at the suggestion of watching his favorite movie (and out of reflex, a whine of "it's not 'trashy'!" managed to get through him in reply). the thought of at least hanging out with their childhood friends lifted wally's mood, somewhat. it was akin to a child being soothed with ice cream, or the promise of toys.

"really though?" he questioned, having tension he didn't know was present start leaving his shoulders, "you mean it?" the feeling of excitement had leaked into him right there, and he couldn't stop it.

the brunette knew his other friends had already asked him about the weekend. something about meeting at the bean café, but he could always work that out... because if this was happening, really really happening, then he couldn't miss being with the club. definitely not when they'd be watching his movie, or to use a better name, one of the best films of all time.

slowly, his expression became just a little bit more genuine, "thanks, keith. you rock." just when things felt like they were in traveling in downwards spiral, it suddenly halted. almost as if there was a barrier holding everything afloat.

but wally soon began to fidget knowing that now, after his brother had denied the pinky promise, his only course of action was to... go. to leave.

steeling himself, wally went towards the door, and his deliberately slow steps made his hesitation clear as day. it left a mildly bitter taste in his mouth, to say the least. but he knew keith wanted to be left alone. the least wally could do is give him exactly that, considering all his previous offers of help were denied. he pouted at the thought.

"next time!" he called out seconds before making his exit, "promise or not, don't forget, cause i won't!"

perhaps his declaration would've held more weight if he didn't forget to close his brother's door on the way out. welp.

ooc: last post! (also, i'm very sorry... i didn't mean to write this much, lmaooo)
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll