A SLICE OF LIFE HIGH SCHOOL CLIQUES ROLEPLAY
DEC
read all about december updates here! also, it's time for snowdown part two!

NOV
we're doing something different for this month's activity check! read all about it here!

[ WINTER ]
DEC '17
[ STAFF ]
[ EVENT ]
snowdown
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
[ INFLUENCE ]
delinquents are pulling ahead due to recent events during the snowdown evacuation!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

RIDGEVIEW REDFISH, swim team!
85 POSTSALIAS bearCURRENTLY Offline
running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, i wanna be your left-hand man
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Fringe
OKAY. OKAY. here we go. finally getting this up!

so, my girl marina de la rey’s the captain of ridgeview’s swim and dive team that competes in the winter. and seeing as we’re already in November, I thought it might be a good time to start throwing some plots around!

some history on the swim team: I’ve always seen them as fairly successful tbh, mainly because ridgeview is fairly close to the beach and it’s socal so there’s just a lot of chances for them to be practicing year-round. also, the de la reys have gone to ridgeview for a while, and marina’s family is all pretty much accomplished swimmers/sailors. she’s kind of the last one of the whole clan of like 6 brothers, so she’s got a lot to live up to and has a lot of expectations for this year!

marina’s definitely also a super strict/harsh captain, though. maybe there’s a little conflict about the way swim team is run? I can also see some characters being upset that the de la reys have basically had a monopoly on the captain position for a while ahahaha - just because their whole family is so competitive with swimming.

so, it’s time for a shitton of off-season practices! marina’s definitely going to be hosting some at the community pool. would any other characters on the swim team be interested? either in a group thread or whatever. c:
chloe andersonchloe anderson
0 POSTSALIAS CURRENTLY
chloe anderson
She has got to be apart of this, I am not sure if she would be upset over Marina being captain but if it stayed in the family than I can see her feeling bias on the subject. She loves swimming but I can see her not liking Maria's strict/harsh leadership as captain. It will be fun to see how this plot turns out. ^^
25 POSTSALIAS asterCURRENTLY Offline
seventeen
female
seniors
homosexual
waitress
Fringe
ya girl aster here to fuck it up with ya other girl mickey delmirev! i saw swim team and i jumped to my feet. so i mean we've obviously established mick and marina started being in swim/dive team together, so that's that. as far as the captain thing, i think she'd have tried to be captain herself ( bc idk if it's a competition i'd see them trying to kick each other's ass ) but marina ended up on top?

i could see like low key resentment there, imo. like she's probably over it now but drama in the past? she might occasionally backseat boss people around though so that's probably. a thing. i'd imagine people would either love having mickey around or hate her during practice just because she has no actual authority outside of her seniority, imo. she's kind of flighty too here and there.

like sometimes she'll blow off practice in favor of smth else or sometimes show up late to competitions. idk. tension bc she kinda does her own thing or pointedly will sometimes ignore marina and/or their coach. like not always but she'll definitely sometimes not agree with what they want her to do bc it seems like dumb, yk? or she thinks she's super great or whatever so she doesn't have to do the same drills, but obvi she does. aaaaah. yeah like she's cool outside of team but inside of team, she seems like super lax and only gets uber competitive with her other seniors.

she probably has a nasty tendency to look down on her juniors and occasionally made snide remarks about how gr9 she is ( and the others are ) in comparison to them so. i doubt she wins many fans in the team unless they admire her for some. odd reason. she does a weird thing with ppl younger than her like she'll be like "HAHA I'M UR SENIOR I'LL TREAT YOU" but also "I'M UR SENIOR GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY BEFORE YOUR GOD". idk. something like that. anyways, idk. some potential plot points to work with.

i'd be down for a group thread for practices though! just lmk.
oceane lethamoceane letham
0 POSTSALIAS CURRENTLY

I'm throwing Oceane in the off-season practices. I'm 100% sure she doesn't care about Marina being strict not because she's biased, but with her mother who is a former pro surfer and two brothers who compete, she knows/understands you can't be good/win if you're lenient. She might also think Marina's kinda pressured, so if there are some kind of tensions with Mikkeline, she could feel super sad.
By the way, Oceane can pretty intense so I guess people would ask her to shut up sometimes /cough. Or she behaves inside the team because their seniors know how to manage her ahem.

On the other hand, she's the only diver of the team - if i'm not wrong -, and she may do dynamic apnea distance with fins or without (swimming under the water for 50m after a single breath). Her equipment could look odd if she trains with monofin (and she'll probably use her swimmable tail if she can "it's the same thing as the monofin, pleeeeease ;__;")? But she's pretty chill and won't think too much about it. (just, don't use her tail without her own accord).
Gabriel Aga GutierrezGabriel Aga Gutierrez
0 POSTSALIAS CURRENTLY
Gabby is definitely in! It's probably going to be a challenge for him considering he's not exactly good with cold weather.

Being a freshman and generally a newbie to the place (although not to the sport) I think Gabby might give a first impression of not really taking the sport seriously, but it is one of the things he definitely gives his all to.

He might get a bit of a shock though to see the skill levels of his upperclassmen (plus the fact that he has a disadvantage in height) but that might just fire him up even more.

(Also marina de la rey I'm not sure if you're still up with the instructor plot, but if you are then maybe we can somewhat integrate it here too? :D)

Edit: oceane letham Gabby's a huge nerd over mermaids, so if Oceane ends up using her tail during practice he'll definitely be all over her like a big dork :)
100 POSTSALIAS PrinceofStrideCURRENTLY Offline
Pain, without love. Pain, can't get enough.
seventeen
male
junior
bisexual
baker
Elite
Count Katashi in, since he does love to swim no matter what the consequences are. (Strict captains, coaches, etc.) That boy loves his swimming a bit too much to easily give it up. So maybe everyone else has a problem with the swim team coach, marina de la rey and he doesn't. And while they're complaining Katashi just sits there for a bit, before carelessly shrugging and stating how he has no problem with how the swim team is ran at all, and how he likes the strictness because it pushes them to do better.

user posted image
"How come whenever I try to stay away from people, they always come to me?"
21 POSTSALIAS zwangCURRENTLY Offline
the water there is deeper than anything you've ever seen; jump right in and swim until you're free
fifteen
male
freshman
grey-ace
paperboy
Loner
well genie is jv but since other sophomores/freshies have posted here i guess it should be okay if i do too?? idk if their practices are the same or if marina de la rey has any overarching authority over both varsity and junior varsity, but eugene probably lowkey looks up to her (or maybe just admires her family's achievements, it's a bit hard to tell...). the strict regimen isn't too much of a problem for him, but despite being very dedicated/diligent to the sport, he has no interest in ever taking up a leadership role of any sort within the team, so there'd be no conflict from him in that regard.

(also Gabriel Aga Gutierrez, both him and eugene are short freshmen (or so i assume since you mentioned height disadvantage??) with a passion for the sport, so they should totally bond over that some time.)
Gabriel Aga GutierrezGabriel Aga Gutierrez
0 POSTSALIAS CURRENTLY
eugene park

Yep! For the "standard" of the sport he's relatively short (around 5'7") but he's been doing his best to make up for it since he's genuinely eager to get into the competitive leagues. He'll definitely appreciate someone whom he can relate/bond with with regards to that! :D
oceane lethamoceane letham
0 POSTSALIAS CURRENTLY
Gabriel Aga Gutierrez
let's bond over mermaids. She didn't believe in Santa Claus, but she believed in them - until her brothers decided to meddle in and called them "dangerous creatures" /shot. Depending on Gabby's foot size, she may ask him if he wants to try to swim with a monofin (they have several monofins at her home) since the sensations are pretty similar to the swimmable tail or maybe before if he knows the dolphin kick. I don't know if that's the case since it's mostly an underwater technique ;;.

16 POSTSALIAS HestiaCURRENTLY Offline
Our eyes strike lightning when they meet, you are the move, the spark that's driving me insane
seventeen
male
senior
heterosexual
student
Elite
Yeah, umm....Cedric was busy with volleyball this year during fall and had tennis last spring. First practice of the season will probably be a little hectic?

I can see her potentially forgiving him for skipping on the fall practices since he captains varsity volleyball but I'm curious how she'd react about skipping the previous year's off-season spring practices.

Would him constantly doing laps in his own pool help him out or should he get ready to be lectured?
running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, i wanna be your left-hand man
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Fringe
ahh I’m so excited there’s been so much excitement for this!! marina’s dreams of winning states might come true this year :sparkle3:

chloe anderson yeah! I’d love to see some others speak up/resent marina’s style. at the same time tho if chloe was unhappy with her she’d be like, maybe I’m captain bc I work harder than y’all ya know so if ya wanna complain bout me being strict then the door’s over there –shrug- she just wants to push everyone to be their best.

MIKKELINE DELMIREV yesss!! marina prob doesn’t notice the backseat captaining tbh, she’d be way more upset about mickey showing up late or ditching practice or whatever. like she’d be like mickey ur good and I respect u but c’mon we all gotta put in our all. idk maybe in her more frustrated moments marina’s like, well maybe this is why I’m captain and ur not AHAAHAHA dramaaaa. idk it’s prob a fine line between “yeah we’re cool and can joke around bout this” vs. being actually upset. :<

oceane letham LOLL yea I think oceane is our only diver so far. :c I always figure there are just less divers in general so oceane as an upperclassmen is responsible for herself most of the time? ofc the divers still have practices at the same time but marina prob like, isn’t as harsh with her/other divers just because she doesn’t get it as much as just swimming.

eugene park varsity/jv prob practices more or less together, especially in the off-season when practices aren’t mandatory so the two teams more or less merge together. ALSO ive wanted to plot w/ genie for a while bc he likes sailing yes?? and marina comes from a huge sailing family LMAO so idk. they might interact outside of swim team? so during the season marina pays more attention to this up and coming swimmer and maybe pushes him extra hard or w/e.

cedric schwarzer well off-season practices aren’t really mandatory LMAO but it’s just a way to get better for the season. so if cedric misses too many he’ll just fall behind and prob won’t be selected for too many events, etc. that kinda thing. also marina does play fall/spring sports herself so she probably schedules practices on weekends/after other sports usually end so that more people can show up.
chloe andersonchloe anderson
0 POSTSALIAS CURRENTLY
chloe anderson
First I must say, if Katashi says that in front of Chloe she might just stare in another direction because she wouldn't agree with him, as for Marina I feel like Chloe would be encouraged to practice more at home because she would take Marina's words to heart she just wouldn't want to openly admit that the strict/harshness is working.

Swimming is one of the few things in life that she takes seriously, she would care about doing her best and winning. I'm going to laugh if Katashi really does push some boys into the pool for staring at Chloe though, blame it on them being thirsty. It cracks me up.

female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Fringe
chloe anderson, Katashi Endo

LOL well, marina definitely wouldn’t be okay with that, either the staring or katashi’s actions. she’d give those boys a stern-talking to and remind them to focus, but also probably tell katashi off for disrupting practice even more. since the whole team is co-ed so like, if there’s staring going on it’s probably not just chloe lmaoo
100 POSTSALIAS PrinceofStrideCURRENTLY Offline
Pain, without love. Pain, can't get enough.
seventeen
male
junior
bisexual
baker
Elite
LOL I like it!

user posted image
"How come whenever I try to stay away from people, they always come to me?"
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Fringe
anyways, if you guys didn't get the tag, I finally got the free for all thread up!

link
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll