MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUL
JULY UPDATES are here! read the updates & check out all the gossip at the ridgeview herald!

JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
JOCKS ASSERT THEIR PRESENCE AT THE COUNTY FAIR!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

midnight fireworks ★, EVENT THREAD → open to all
bearOffline554 POSTS
i miss missing you now and then
female
code skool
cute things
forest guardian
Administrator
midnight fireworks!
event 11: new year's eve ball
thirty minutes before midnight, microphone feedback sounds in front of the room. everyone turns to watch a young teacher adjusting the mic, before making an announcement,

“the midnight fireworks show starts in half an hour! everyone may now proceed outside to the memorial park.”

over the next half hour, students disperse in waves, leaving the ballroom and crossing the street at their leisure. the rest of the city is outside at the park already, with many peachtree citizens having brought picnic blankets and such to lie on. many are impatiently muttering, waiting for the show to start.

half an hour later, at midnight, the first lone firework shoots up into the sky and explodes, and a cheer goes up among the crowd. the show starts in earnest, first with a couple short bursts of color, then increasing in intensity and variety.

at the end, a set of final fireworks go up, spelling out – WELCOME 2018!

come out and have fun with your fellow classmates and townspeople! happy new year, peachtree!

This is a free-for-all group thread! Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in. There is no posting order and you're welcome to post as much as you'd like. Feel free to use this as an opportunity to meet new characters or to interact with other members.

bearOffline106 POSTS
who's that knocking at your door? you got lots to answer for. who's that sleeping in your bed?
fourteen
female
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
Delinquent
benny just like, didn’t believe in school dances, on principle.

she was just here because… she didn’t have anything else to do, all right?

the delinquent had shown up pretty late to the ball, and felt vaguely self-conscious about her dress, which was far less formal than that of other girls. after the call went up for the fireworks show, she was eager to get out of the stuffy ballroom. they still had a good amount of time before the show started, but benny was getting bored of all the dancing anyway.

unfortunately, it seemed like some of the friends she’d come with wanted to do otherwise. after some huffing, nobody budged, and benny stomped out of the building alone.

oh well. just meant she could find a better seat for when the show started.

wrapping her denim jacket closer around her shoulders, benny wandered onto the field, before spotting a fellow student who had had the foresight to bring their own picnic blanket sitting at the front of the field.

“hey!” she called out cheerfully, making her way over and waving at the other student. “mind if I join ya?”

@[open]
push up, overload, legendary heavy glow, sunshine, thunder roll, keep this on
kimmyOffline111 POSTS
just a young gun with a short fuse, I was uptight, wanna let loose
fifteen
male
sophomore
bisexual
dojo assistant
Delinquent
Mitsuo hadn’t cared about the new year’s party. At least, that was the lie he’d fed all his acquaintances. However, the fireworks at the end was something that had managed to drag his ass out of the house and to the party. He had dressed to the part, if only to compliment his faux girlfriend’s done up appearance. Elites always attended social gatherings and considering he had made Euphemia’s personal hell to kowtow to him, he had to match. She’d…bought most of the things he was wearing. He was too young to feel like a whore, but he did. Oh well, at least some of them he could use on a day to day basic. And, he’d be lying if he said he didn’t like his coat. In short, the party hadn’t been a total bust and he liked how he looked and he had enjoyed eating free food...even if it was just egg avocado toast. Weird choice but whatever.

After he announcement rang Mitsuo had excused himself to use the facilities, before more or less staling a plate of tiny egg avocado toasted sandwiches and strolling right out of the party. The wait was too long but finally the clock struck 12 and the new year was welcome. Another year away from home. He rather liked the fireworks…but as he glanced around at his surroundings it was just more of a reminder he didn’t feel at ease here. It seemed most of the party had moved out here, so he made himself useful and found himself a seat. A blanket, that would do. He would offer food in exchange for somewhere to lay his ass once they arrived. With all the grace a 14-year-old prat could muster, he sat down without spilling anything on his plate. “My ass is still cold.” He murmured with that, he moved the aquamarine mask over mused hair and popped a bite size sandwich into his mouth.

He flinched at the loud call, eyes snapping to the familiar voice. Fuck, why was his mouth full?! He chewed quickly scrambling to adjust himself to he seemed casual, cooler. How did one achieve that with a mouth full of bread and plant paste?? WAS SHE IN A DRESS??? BENNY LI WAS WEARING A DRESS? He nodded stupidly, quickly. Swallowing hard, the blonde tried to craft a clever reply. “Sure.” A pause. He waited for her to get closer before offering a nervous grin and lifting his plate of food up to her. “Want some food?” A little firework went off in his heart as he managed to say that without choking on his own spit. Another awkward pause as he glanced around to check if the owner as coming back any time soon or if this was something meant for public use. “Uh, you look nice, haha. Where’s Eugene?” Usually she spotted her with the blonde. That fucker.

ooc: his oufit that i love sobs

bearOffline106 POSTS
who's that knocking at your door? you got lots to answer for. who's that sleeping in your bed?
fourteen
female
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
Delinquent
benny flopped down onto the picnic blanket next to her friend, awkwardly adjusting her dress as she did so that she could stretch out without risk of slippage. “yea, gimme some of that!” she grabbed at the plate of avocado toast that mitsuo had on the blanket, stuffing one quite undaintily into her mouth.

chewing around the mouthful of food, she leaned back and smirked at her fellow delinquent. “uh, thanks. you like quite uncomfortable yourself. very colorful.” it was pretty funny seeing this little shit dressed up, but then, she figured the same could be said for herself.

at the mention of her childhood friend, though, benny just shrugged. “he just didn’t wanna come,” she scoffed, then side-eyed mitsuo, a bit confused as to why he had randomly brought up genie. “it’s not like he’s my date or anything.”

the scoff morphed into a grin as she leaned her head forward and closer to mitsuo. “do you have a date? or did she just ditch ya?” benny teased.

yun-xu longyun-xu long
0 POSTS
FOREVER'S COME AND GONE
He doesn't like school events.

They're too loud, too reckless, too dangerous — and he speaks only of his peers, of course. He cannot even begin to imagine the breadth of damage that the other students had caused in the main hall nor can he imagine the immeasurable exhaustion that comes with it. Judging on the conversations he hears exchanged between friends — he doesn't mean to eavesdrop, he promises! — this evening couldn't possibly be different.

He often finds he is of the minority on days like this, but he is thankful for the times he finds he is not. At least in the comforting embrace of his Internet friends who don't judge him or look at him, he feels even the tiniest bits less alone.

This is not true, he knows, on holidays.

So, he finds himself here at his mother's insistence. She had a late shift at the hospital and wouldn't be home until well after the countdown. ( She'd miss the fireworks show again and he had known that from the minute she said she would have to cover a late shift. ) If he refused to go to the party, he could at least try to go watch the fireworks, right? He could try? For her? Head rests on knobby knees, clumsy legs pulled into chest and shoulders arch forward as if though he were curling in upon himself. He could try.

He would try, is what he'd like to say if he actually knew anyone present.

It is in these moments he wishes she was still here, still with him. Whatever harsh and cruel things she had to say were fine, but at least he had someone to talk to. He supposes it's only fitting he is perched at the edge of a park bench, distanced from the others gathered in the park. Every nerve is on its end and he's only half-paying attention to the fireworks show in the sky, muffled thankfully by the carefully placed earmuffs and scarf wrapped around his head to quiet the noise further.

Hand fumbles for phone and it is only because he catches the sight of moving shadow from the corner of his eye that Yun-xu jumps, falling off the bench and to the floor in a resulting tumble. Everyone's looking, everyone's looking, everyone's looking, look you've turned yourself into a fool. How could you have embarrassed yourself so fast? You've only been here a few minutes. What a fucking loser— "Sorry," He mumbles finally in a half-whisper, voice likely drowned out by the explosions over head. He shifts in his position on the grass to his knees. Gaze does not lift from his phone, face-down in the blades. "I can move. I, I don't need to sit there. You can take it. It's, it's fine that is, I'm. I'm sorry."

@anyone! | i can't believe yun made new years depressing. this is why he doesn't go to events. son, blease.
booneOffline5 POSTS
I guess I must be a girl of the trees.
sixteen
female
sophomore
heterosexual
library page / student
Members
Sorry, I'm canadian
Coming to the ball had been punishment, a sentence handed down by her parents with only one thing in mind: suffering.

It's been a few weeks and you still don't have any friends. They said. Where's the harm in putting on a pretty dress and going out to meet the other kids?

Sure, they probably meant well. But did either of them remember what it was like being in high school? Annerie couldn't remember a time in her life where she'd felt so separated from other people.

There was 'this' crowd and 'that' crowd, 'these' kids and 'those' kids. She wasn't so sure where she herself stood in the grand order of things, and hadn't made much progress to find out.

The simple satin dress she wore was home-sewn, and mother had hoped she would show it off. But Annerie spent most of the ball curled up in a bathroom, immersed in a fairy tale until the fireworks drew near.

Pulling on a thin fleece, and a scarf to cover her exposed skin, she slipped out of the hall and followed the rest of the crowd. But where to sit? Everyone looked like they were getting along by now, and she didn't have the heart to introduce herself to anyone new.

Spotting a park bench that was relatively empty, Annerie meandered over nibbling her lip nervously. There was only one guy and a plenty of space. If he wasn't waiting for someone, maybe she could take a seat.

"Um, excuse me?" She trailed off with a cry of alarm, watching the boy tumble right off the bench. Rushing to the other side, Annerie thrust a hand in his direction, her own cheeks growing warm. "Oh my goodness I am so sorry!" Wait, why was he apologizing? Clearly, she had startled him first, right? This was her fault.

Bewildered by his apology, she shook her head. "No, please, it's not your fault at all! It's mine, really. And you don't have to leave. I was actually going to ask if you didn't mind sharing the bench with me." She offered a hopelessly awkward smile, hoping her embarrassment wouldn't be as evident in the shadowy light.
yun-xu long - Hope you don't mind me dropping in!
BOONE
kimmyOffline111 POSTS
fifteen
male
sophomore
bisexual
dojo assistant
Delinquent
Mitsuo managed a grin as the girl snagged one of the avocado treats. He knew it would be a good idea to bring the whole thing with him. No one had bothered stopping him anyway. Or if they had, he had totally fast walked out of there while pretending he couldn’t hear them. He pretended to dust off his oat at the compliment, still grinning with pride. “Thanks, I dressed myself this time.” He stated. He had completely avoided any ‘help’ form his parents more so his mother whose preferred outfit of choice for him was still fucking sweater vests and crocs. Like, seriously mom? He wasn’t six anymore that shit didn’t fly. “This jacket’s freaking warm too for what it looks like.” He added, eager to test it in Hokkaido the next time he went. Usually when it was too cold one had to sacrifice style for body heat, but this coat just might be the breakthrough he need to stop all that.

“Oh.” He wasn’t sure if he was relieved his bitter nemesis wasn’t present. After all, no matter what he thought of the kid, Benny liked him well enough, so he’d assumed they would’ve shown up together. He’d kind of wanted to rub in how put together he looked in Eugene’s face but whatever. No big deal. He had his selfies at least. Panic flared as she sent him a suspicious look and his eyes wandered up to the sky to look for Orion. “Tch, the Siamese didn’t come to the ball together. That’s newsworthy is all.” He said with a snort.

The mention of his own ‘date’ made him scowl at his friend. “It’s called going stag, Benny.Besides I didn't want a date.” Mitsuo replied with a huff. No one would’ve legitimately accepted an offer from the kid that always got in trouble for skipping class to spray paint vulgar images onto different parts of the campus. He popped another tiny toast and chewed absentmindedly. “Honestly it’s a lot better out here than inside the dance? Less noise.” He said as he lifted a hand to cover his mouth while he spoke. “Did you manage to get some sis of booze while you were in there?” he added remembering vaguely a couple of student had snuck in alcohol. Typical.

ooc: his oufit that i love sobs

yun-xu longyun-xu long
0 POSTS
FOREVER'S COME AND GONE
Nervousness is an unfortunate consequence of the silence.

Silence? No, it wasn't quiet at all. There was laughter and conversations and explosions overhead. It was just quiet for him, the rolling thunder of the fireworks muted only slightly against the thick cover of faux fur and knitted fabric. Yun-xu shifts in his position only slightly, the painful chill against his knees more than he can call bearable and so he heaves himself up back to his feet in a half-crouch. Head lifts, looking from the snow only to meet an outstretched hand. Huh?

A pause as he stares at her hand first, daring only for a moment to meet her gaze before dropping it again.

He barely catches her voice above the roar of the 'oohs' and 'aahs', the junior only offering a slow shake of the head and pushing her hand away before he steps back. "Yes," He assumes, because she must be taking the bench. Must have apologized for a moment. Must have been trying to help him up, but there's no real way for him to explain that he doesn't like touching people he doesn't know. Not enough time, not strong enough of a voice to —he pauses for a half-beat before realizing he's left his phone on the still half-frostbitten grass. Oh.

Would it be weird if he knelt down now? Picked it up? Probably not, but what if she thought he was doing something wrong. Girls thought that, right? Girls didn't like it when he did that. Maybe he should — fingers crawl at his side, itching. Maybe she wouldn't notice.

"Aren't you cold?" He says at last, curling his fingers into a fist at his side.

Annerie Shaw! | you're totally fine! sorry it took me so long to answer and that yun is uh Like This.

bearOffline106 POSTS
fourteen
female
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
Delinquent
benny rolled her eyes and scoffed a bit. “c’mon, it’s not like we’re attached at the hip or anything. I mean, I guess it’s hard for you to picture, like, having friends, but…”

she giggled a bit at her own sick burn, especially when mitsuo felt the need to defend his own dateless existence. well, benny supposed she wasn’t exactly killin’ it in the date department either. aka she had also gone stag. but whatever, apparently it mattered more for guys because society was weird for that, so she was totally fine with teasing mitsuo about it.

even if, for some reason, it made her kind of happy to hear it.

so of course benny wrinkled her nose and teased, “why? ‘cuz that Japanese chick you’re always hangin’ out with is right and you’re like, actually totally gay? I mean, makes sense, but y’know.”

she leaned back on her palms and shrugged. “but yeah, it is nicer. nah, I didn’t really feel like it, I wasn’t really there for long. dances are stupid anyway.”

then, the fireworks started.

benny looked up at the night sky and a grin stretched across her face as the first flame shot up into the air and burst into bright green and blue, her voice growing quieter in comparison. for a moment, the delinquent was simply struck by their beauty, sitting back and growing quiet for once.

kimmyOffline111 POSTS
fifteen
male
sophomore
bisexual
dojo assistant
Delinquent
Mitsuo bristled as Benny pointed out that he was far from a social butterfly. He couldn’t really defend from that. It had basically been his own fault anyway. Shit even with Benny and Eugene he doubted either of them considered him a friend, just tolerable. Well Benny anyway. Eugene was dead to him from the get go. What a brat.. Still, Benny and the occasional nod at Eugene was enough. “Whatever. I don’t need friends to go to the arcade or hit up the McDonald’s anyway. They’d just slow me down.” He said after a minute of pouting.

He couldn’t help but let out a small, sputtered gasp. “Am not! Aika- Ainsley thinks every guy on campus is gay!” he snapped back more embarrassed than pissy. The boy mustered up his best glare despite the circumstances. “Why does it make sense?! I don’t care about anyone.” He added before hiding his face as he took another piece of toast and shoved it into his mouth to chew angrily. It was obvious he didn’t care wasn’t it? Right, he didn’t care. He totally didn’t care which is why he could so freely treat others like shit. Most people anyway. He doubted he could hurt Benny’s feelings if he wanted to. And he didn’t. She was cool, and he was cool with that. Whatever.

“I lost track of the guy that had the flask.” Mitsuo lamented after swallowing. He lightly clapped his hands to his side to rid his fingers of the leftover crumbs before crossing his legs. As the sound of the first whistle shooting up into the sky he looked up, excited as the first one blew up. Slowly but surely more followed, each exploding with rhythmic pops and sparkles of color. Benny had gone quiet and he followed suit for a few moments. He watched red and yellow and white scatter together in blinding spirals. In between some of the slower blasts he piped up once more, though not as loud as before. “Hey man, sorry you came alone. I guess? But they’ll make it up to you. Eventually.” Whether it was Eugene or Keith or any other blond kid Benny hung around with, which were a lot now that he thought about it, it’d be fine. They had all been friends for years to his knowledge. Thick as thieves the lot of them. There wasn’t really a need to mention this. Still, the mood compelled him to say something genuine for a change.

ooc: his outfit that i love sobs

bearOffline106 POSTS
fourteen
female
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
Delinquent
even though benny was hesitant to say she had been having a bad time before now, the addition of mitsuo’s company certainly made it a good time. he was just so easy to tease, like a.. hamster wearing a canary-yellow suit.

benny smirked. woow, aren’t you a cool kid. feelings, who needs ‘em, am I right?” her tone was sarcastic, but there was an edge of honesty to her words. it was hard not to wish all your friends would disappear and you didn’t have to care about them sometimes, especially when they were all being giant assholes to each other.

but it wasn’t very punk of her to think like that.

“yeah, whatever.” she just shrugged, taking another bite of her toast. “who cares, right?” benny echoed mitsuo’s sentiments from earlier. she was a bit surprised mitsuo knew so much about her friends, but maybe she talked about them a lot. “I dunno, we’re just not really the same types of people anymore. but, like, we’re not just kids anymore, y’know?”

she turned to face mitsuo. his genuine comment, even if she didn’t necessarily show it, hadn’t gone unnoticed. “I just wanna hang with people who are more like me, so whatever. delinquents gotta stick together.”

booneOffline5 POSTS
I guess I must be a girl of the trees.
sixteen
female
sophomore
heterosexual
library page / student
Members
Sorry, I'm canadian
Perhaps it was bitterness that thrust her hand aside, or maybe the student was bound by his own personal preference. Whatever the case be, her own slender fingers curl into a fist that she holds just above her heart for comfort. Fine then, it's not like I wanted to help you anyway. But wide eyes, rich with concern for the boy would contradict her own bitter thoughts.

He was okay, right? Did he hate her now? He probably did. Pulling her scarf to cover her lips, Annerie exhaled into the wool softly, trying to calm her thoughts before they ran rampant. A warm gust envelops her face, and she manages to mutter a reply with just enough composure to keep her voice from trembling. "Um, well... sorry again."

Stepping out of his way, she takes a seat on the far edge of the bench. It has become obvious to her - through the rule of her own vivid imagination - that he doesn't want her to be anywhere near him, so when he actually speaks Annerie is struck silent with surprise and then confusion.

Cold? "Oh, not at all," She offers a weak smile. "Where I'm from it gets quite a bit colder than this." Back 'home', they actually got snow. And while it was cool enough to want to dress warmly, the few layers she had on would suffice.
yun-xu long - shh he's a cinabon in his own way ^^
BOONE

NatalieOffline39 POSTS
Remember that night underneath the stars? For a minute, I thought the world was ours.
Fourteen
Male
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
Members
Keith knew he'd do anything to avoid the dance but he wouldn't miss the fireworks for the world. Right after the sun had set, Keith went around preparing himself to leave the house. Wally was off somewhere – who knows where – and he was sure Benny was going to be there.

It was nice to enjoy the fireworks on his own though. Although Keith held a preference for neutral colours, there was no denying he was easily mystified by the way the colours exploded in the night sky, its colours spreading out as it faded away into nothingness.

Ever since the fight with Effie, he hadn't talked to her. Whenever he saw, he pretended as though she didn't exist, much like how some people had treated him. If there was one thing he hated, it was to be taken for granted, especially by people who knew him far too well. He was insecure but only because his worth had been undermined too many times, no matter how hard he worked at it.

One thing he was for certain, he knew better than to let in the same person twice
TAGGED // Open
NOTES // Someone join Keith.
kimmyOffline111 POSTS
fifteen
male
sophomore
bisexual
dojo assistant
Delinquent
Mitsuo nodded at his companion. “Yeah, exactly. It’s less stress without feelings.” He said nodding quickly, ignoring the sarcasm. He’d take her agreement without a fuss. He continued nodding quickly a Benny continued. “Exactly. I sure as hell don’t.” he stated, feeling the need to assure Benny there were no feelings residing within him at all, except of course for the bouts of anger, spite, and insecurity. But those were minor outliers and therefore should not be counted for. He scratched his head and she moved on to talk about her friends. Was she venting? This was kind of new. He frowned not quite following her explanation. Though it was a little obvious this was about her weird fall out with her friends. Not that he could really speak for that considering his only stake in the whole dramatic fall out as blackmail for Euphemia, as she liked to call herself now. Who fucking named their child something so ridiculous? Whatever.

“Sorry, I don’t. I don’t think my friends have really changed all that much.” He said offering a harsh laugh. He had. And he didn’t like to think about what they would think of him if they saw him. They wouldn’t of course. Once he was on a plane back, he’s shaved his hair and dye it back again. Stop wearing so much black and just slip right back into his old identity, no sweat. As if things were that easy. “I said EVENTUALLY, Benny. Like in a couple of months when whatever that shit is dies down. An’ if they don’t I can just talk to them for you and set something up. I’m really persuasive.” He said revealing a shit eating grin at the girl.

“Ride or die, delinquents then.” The blonde said with a nod. He supposed that for now, it wasn’t so bad being a piece of shit. At least the people he hung out with were cool. Before he could go back to looking up at fireworks he noticed one of the blonde’s he assumed should’ve been with them. He hesitated for a moment before looking at Benny again. “Hey, the other guy’s over there. You gonna say hi or…?” Mitsuo asked figuring he should at least let her know one of her best friends was around. Even if she had just stated she just wanted to hang with delinquents. They had years invested in this. Besides it’d be weird not to bring it up, but maybe that was because he knew too much. Shit, at least he was getting a good allowance now though.

ooc: his outfit that i love sobs

yun-xu longyun-xu long
0 POSTS
FOREVER'S COME AND GONE
Ah, he's gone and done it again.

He was supposed to take her hand. She was doing it to be nice. She was doing it to be polite, but his hands felt so clammy and sweaty and she seemed like a nice enough girl. She seemed nice, so he shouldn't touch her hand anyways because what if she thought he was gross or what if she felt the torn, scarred up skin of his palm because he keeps scratching when he's nervous and he's nervous now and it's itchy and — oh, he's doing it again.

He's doing it again. He's doing that thinking thing, he's doing it again.

There's an awkward wheeze and he's sure that he's gone and messed it up again. He was supposed to say thank you or ... or something, been polite. Been nice or something. Answered them properly and he's just gone and. No, he. Did? No, that's not it. That's not what he means either, is it? It's not. That is to say, um.

He kneels to pick up his phone again, pausing for a moment before he takes a seat on the opposite end of the bench an equal distance away out of respectfulness after some debate. She said it was, okay, right. And it was a public bench, but that never stopped people from getting upset when he sat besides them but maybe that was because he was sitting too close or he was breathing too loudly so they thought he was creepy and —

Note to self: talk to therapist, ask for better medication because he's always like this but at least normally the fear is quieter.

"Is, ... is it? Are you, um."

A vague, non-committal gesture at nothing. "Snow?" He freezes and the scarves wrapped about his head to stifle the noise slump with his shoulders as he mentally slaps himself in the forehead. Are you snow? You have to be fucking kidding me.

Annerie Shaw! | aw, thank you! sorry that this reply came so late after the event.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll