MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUL
JULY UPDATES are here! read the updates & check out all the gossip at the ridgeview herald!

JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
JOCKS ASSERT THEIR PRESENCE AT THE COUNTY FAIR!

Add Reply
New Poll

imaginary parties, ft. kerina & florence
FLOSSOffline87 POSTS
settled into the glass half empty, made myself at home; just stopped believing in happy endings, harbors of my own
EIGHTEEN
MALE
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
Nerd
He'd rather successfully forgotten about the ball until Florence had asked him to help her prepare.

Well, not prepare, really - he hadn't had much to contribute to her chosen outfit, nor her makeup, nor her rationale for attending in the first place. Here they diverged, quite easily; he'd been content to stay home, given his own family's festivities, but he could help a friend by taking pictures for her before she left, at least. Any entreaties she made for him to join her had fallen on reluctant ears, as he eventually waved her out the door and settled to read a book.

So he thought, until he'd received a text from another close friend, one even less likely to be in attendance.

Suffice to say, as he walked within sight of Peachtree's city hall fifteen minutes later, it had been a compelling text.

Baron made for warm company, at least, his breath puffing in clouds as he trotted amiably along. Chin ducked into his scarf - he'd stepped out the door in a thicker sweater but not a formal outfit, as he couldn't be bothered - Felix gave the building that housed Ridgeview's soirée du noir a skeptical look, before veering aside to the park that opposed it. Even barring his having a dog with him, if he hadn't dressed for the occasion, he surely wasn't going to go anywhere near its actual doors.

Given the contents of Kerina's text, he'd taken the liberty of bringing a blanket or two, rolled up and tied with a yoga strap borrowed from his sister. Keeping the lights and faintly echoing sounds of the ball within range, he wandered onto the edge of the park, stopping by a bench to send both Kerina and Florence a text alerting them to his arrival.

After a few more minutes Baron's ears pricked and he turned, tail wagging in languid joy as he grinned in canine greeting. Felix turned his head in the next moment, offering a slim smile at the sight of approaching friends. "How's the party?"

- - -
who needs galas amirite.
>outfit<
autoOffline72 POSTS
i don't really care if nobody else believes, 'cause i've still got a lot of fight left in me.
female
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
Loner
who cares
if you disagree? you are not me, who made you king of anything? so you dare tell me who to be? who died and made you king of a n y t h i n g ?
school dances were pointless. she'd always thought so because... well, because they were. or maybe it was more the fact that the actual point of them was to socialize, and socializing in general was pretty damn useless for someone like kerina. what was she supposed to do with that skill in the future? sure, she was going to be in the service industry, but becoming a pediatrician who worked with kids didn't necessarily mean that conversational abilities were remotely important-

shit. well.

regardless, everyone else seemed to be quite hyped about the masquerade. not to mention that it was the final year of high school, and she had made a point to actually try and participate in some of the events that she normally didn't care for. even if she wasn't able to afford looking as dazzling as everyone else for this one in particular, given her limited budget and all. not that she cared that much. besides, her dress could also be recycled and worn outside of a school formal.

as some of the latercomers arrived at the venue, the seventeen-year-old was walking out of the ballroom with both a wine clutch and a purse (the latter of which she insisted on bringing inside despite its size). she sent a quick text message responding to felix's and, with one glance over her shoulder to double check that florence was at her side, the senior proceeded to depart the ball much, much too early.

with large strides, her black sneakers carried her rhythmically but silently across the park. it wasn't until felix and his pet were within her field of vision did she suddenly remember that she was still wearing the mask given to her. she pushed it up so it sat atop her head as she neared the duo. she shrugged dully at the blonde's question, "i made one round," she said, her hands already reaching for the canine by his side, "didn't smell any vomit or piss on anyone yet, and nobody got handsy either. but," she peeled her face from baron's fur now that she had rubbed noses with him, though one hand remained scratching behind his ears, "we'll be fine if a drunkard shows up."

at this, she showed her purse to felix, its contents consisted of sandwiches and slices of cake, all neatly stacked atop one another. nevermind that there was also a bottle of pepper spray, as well as a small pocket knife along the side: just incase. "want a drink now?" she asked, lifting her wine clutch slightly with a glance to florence. one corner of her mouth made a slight downard curl, "i couldn't bring anything else to keep us warm tonight, though. y'guys cold?"

hello again mr. heartache! give me the strength to move on.
seventeen
female
senior
heterosexual
part-time ta, tutor
Loner
Florence had made the most of her relatively short night at the masquerade. She hadn’t really planned to go until Kerina had brought up the very valid point that it WAS senior year and it WAS their last year here, might as well participate. And while, she had originally just planned to come out around 11:30 to watch the fireworks in jeans and a sweatshirt she didn’t mind dressing up. In fact, it was possible she may have one overboard. Without the stress of having to plan such an extravagant event she had been able to invest more time into her outfit. She’d bothered doing up her makeup in something new. She’d taken a multitude of pictures, going so far as to show up at Felix’s house a couple of hours before the party to get a wide array of pictures of herself for Facebook. He’d taken a lot of nice ones thankfully.

OF course, she’d pestered other arrivals to take shots of her going up the stairs and posing at the entrance before checking in. She couldn’t help but look up at her surroundings, exited at the decorations she had no hand in setting up. It as much more exciting when the whole affair was a surprise. OF course, like her friend, she’d done a solid walk through everything the place had to offer. The food, the outside venue, the orchestra. It was pretty nice. Though once she was done surveying the scene, there wasn’t really much to do. Florence didn’t fancy trying to dance with some wandering Tuxedo Mask She didn’t even know how to dance to begin with. She’d been sipping on punch when she got Felix’s text before hopping over to Kerina and following the girl out. Flo pulled on her coat as they made their exit, happy to have brought it along even if it didn’t match her outfit.

It was a struggle to keep up with Kerina. Flo had donned high heels, the less practical footwear. If she was painting part of her face ghost white she would put on the heel too. She was committed. By the time she caught up with Kerina she was huffing lightly, and the back of her shoe was pinching her skin. She smiled wide at her friends, especially Baron. “Sorry to keep you waiting. Party’s fine. I took some picture, so you can see.” The girl offered. She wished for a moment that she had packed sneakers and socks for the outdoors. She shook her head at Kerina before squatting near Baron. Somehow, Flo managed to perfectly balance herself on her heels and carefully patted the dog’s back. She refrained for mas much affection, not wanting to get Baron fur all over her dress. “I’m good for now, thanks.” She pulled off her mask and fanned her face. Hopefully none of her makeup smudged. “I’ll live. Part wear isn’t exactly the warmest of fashions.” She added with a shrug. “Thanks for bringing all the food, by the way.” If they ran out, she’d volunteer to gather more at the party. By the time it was in full swing she doubted anyone would notice her pilfering snacks for the group. With that she turned to Felix and added, “Glad you came out to see the fireworks at least.”

ooc: IDK why its doing this but flo's outfit link is next to this text its jsut invisible go nuts assholes https://www.polyvore.com/florence_formal/set?id=233052014
FLOSSOffline87 POSTS
settled into the glass half empty, made myself at home; just stopped believing in happy endings, harbors of my own
EIGHTEEN
MALE
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
Nerd
He was more than happy to miss out on what too many students were calling a formative life event, though the fact that he'd eventually been persuaded to be in the general vicinity of the ball slightly weakened his reasoning. There just wasn't much he could glean from such a gathering, even with the promise of food and music - or the year's turning, really, which he forgot more often than not.

Texts from friends were decent reminders, at least. When he turned he raised an eyebrow slightly at the sheer dissonance between their outfits; Florence, at least, he'd already seen, something that her Facebook feed would likely reflect by tomorrow morning. Rather than extend platitudes he chose not to comment for the moment, though his gaze lingered a second on the masks that they had been given before flicking away to a neutral middle distance.

Baron, singularly delighted at the presence of two very good friends, reared partially off the ground to greet them, before being intercepted by Kerina and seating himself with a thump to sniff at her face.

"Do school events usually go like that?" Felix asked, half sincere as Kerina finished listing off some distasteful scenarios that she'd avoided. The question was half directed at Florence, who out of the three of them probably had more experience in the matter. "Not that I doubt alcohol's been brought in, but."

There was a nudge against his leg, as Baron shifted frantically to receive further pats from Flo.

Felix turned a few degrees to indicate the bundle slung over his shoulder, tilting his head at the park proper as he did. "I was convinced to bring blankets." The lack of a grimace in his tone meant it had been his mothers who'd done the convincing, with good reason; even in a jacket, he felt the chill of the night setting in, urging him to lead the way toward a clear space along the side of the area marked out for the show.

"Admittedly I still don't really see the appeal," he deadpanned at Florence's grateful tone, busy unrolling the toughest of the three blankets and laying it flat on the grass. "Though arriving early is preferable." The park was empty for the most part around them, street lamps combining with string lights to provide a faint, wispy glow against the late night air.

He clicked his tongue gently, leading Baron to one side of the blanket before letting his leash down. Trustworthy as ever, the shepherd made himself resident of one corner of the blanket, warm side pressed against Kerina once she situated herself.

"So, was it worth it?" Detachment did not deny all of his curiosity, and he nodded back toward city hall as he tossed another, softer blanket gently over Florence's gossamer skirt. "All I heard about it was masks and classical music."

- - -
baron, consistently my fav. ;o;
autoOffline72 POSTS
i don't really care if nobody else believes, 'cause i've still got a lot of fight left in me.
female
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
Loner
who cares
if you disagree? you are not me, who made you king of anything? so you dare tell me who to be? who died and made you king of a n y t h i n g ?
"it happens when hormonal teenagers are placed in one room with little to no supervision," kerina replied to felix's question dully. like hell the school's faculty members could do that much with so many students everywhere. nor would they care that much, she imagined. "the teachers are either lenient because it's a 'rare occasion,' or they just don't give a fuck 'cause they're too busy getting drunk elsewhere."

call her cynical, but the senior was pretty damn sure about what she noticed through daily observation; her distaste for others had nothing to do with pure facts, or that most people didn't use their power or influence for good. then again, could anyone really say that she was wrong? just compare the garbage kids they called 'the student council' to florence, who was originally a part of the group. sure, she definitely hated florence too until their second year. but even her freshman self had to admit that florence was someone genuine, and much different from those shitty elites who only 'cared' about the school when it was beneficial to themselves.

regardless of her opinion on the culture of the school however, kerina further lifted her wine clutch, "and if i managed to sneak it pass them," she said, staring at felix matter-of-factly, "the jocks and delinquents are prolly already on the highway to hell."

her gaze slid from the blonde to the blacknette and gave a nod, "you can have my sleeve scarf if y'need it later," even if theoretically, baron was probably more than enough to last them awhile. then again, when had a non-human animal not been enough for her?

almost nonchalantly, kerina took out a bottle of beer from her clutch and popped it open with her bottom teeth. she spat the cap into a trashcan as they walked passed it. she looked to felix again at the mentioning of blankets, "say 'thanks' to your moms for me for convincing you," she said gingerly, gaze focused on the bottle she then sipped from. maybe it had something to do with the fact that she no longer had one, but the thought of felix's mothers always proved to be quite comforting. or just his family as a whole, really, compared to florence's male-dominant one that always reminded her of her own.

she took another swig from the beer as she settled down next to baron. her other hand reached around the canine so as to scratch his chest, "there was some dancing," kerina offered, leaning comfortably against baron, "not really my thing which, quite frankly, made it even more of a waste of money. but there was also some food, and now i have a valid reason to never attend another school dance."

... including prom, of course. it was just going to be an extension of this type of bullshit anyway. sitting up slightly, the seventeen-year-old placed her bottle on the side further from baron, "i have more in my clutch if y'want one." she said with a blink at felix. it's like she had gone to the market instead, with the amount of stuff she was carrying into and out of the venue.

hands extended to bring her purse to the centre of their small circle. she zipped it open and reached inside for the pepper spray and pocket knife pressed against the food. "help yourselves." she said, bringing her small weapons to her lap before leaning against baron once more, just so she could comfortably and warmly enjoy her beer.

seventeen
female
senior
heterosexual
part-time ta, tutor
Loner
Flo tilted her head in thought. She wasn’t sure if Felix meant the point of the party or the point of the fireworks. Fireworks was most likely to welcome the new year and stave of the encroaching fear of death every human being held in the recesses of their subconscious. Party, probably just an excuse to have a chaperoned event. If the kids were here they were spending less time on the streets or whatever. In her time working with event set ups there was never A reason. Nobody even asked because that’s just what they did. This. Parties. “Well, I guess a point is that it gave us an excuse to have a nice picnic at night.” She offered with a small shrug. Once she had changed her mind and decided to go, all she had really wanted to do was show herself off for her own amusement and then go home. This was a bonus. She perked up at Kerina’s offer. “Thank you, sorry in advance if I get glitter on it.” She replied sheepishly. She couldn’t believe she used to like on the East Coast where whether like this could be considered mild, meanwhile she and her friends were having a hard time staying warm. Crazy.

With a last drag of her nails down Baron’s spine to itch his back, she sat herself down before carefully pulling off her heels. Flo set them to the side neatly before offering a soft ‘thank you’ to Felix and tucking the blanket under knees. “For me it was nice. This was one of the first dances I attended without feeling any stress. The most stressed I felt was when I thought I was about to fall down the steps of the entrance.” The worst would’ve been bruises to her body and a swollen ankle but that was besides the point. She perked up at Kerina’s offer. “Thank you, sorry in advance if I get glitter on it.” He replied sheepishly. She couldn’t believe she used to like on the East Coast where whether like this could be considered mild, meanwhile she and her friends were having a hard time staying warm. Crazy.

“Mmm…I might go to one more if only for the photos.” Florence said after a while. It might be a little boring without friends, but she could always find ways on how to enjoy herself. And besides, if she went alone she would save cost on limo and food and whatever other expenses that came along with prom. Theo only thing would be her dress. The one she’d bought for tonight hadn’t been that expensive. Maybe’s she’d shop around and find a nice bargain again. Flo couldn’t help but beam at Kerina as she offered them her sack of smuggled food. She wished once again she had brought something to contribute to the picnic. Maybe she could try taking a soda bottle from the inside. Or…wait did Felix and Kerina like soda? Regardless, she reached in for a slice of cake and carefully unwrapped the plastic wrap. “Did you make this?” She asked before taking a bite and watching her ands to make sure she didn’t drop any kind of crumbs on the borrowed blanket. “Time to get glitter on my innards as well.” She added while covering her mouth. Her eyes drifted to the tiny weapons Kerina had packed as well. One could never be to careful, but it was a little unnerving to see them up close. She hoped her friend wouldn’t have to use them. Baron could sit on them until the police arrived.

ooc: IDK why its doing this but flo's outfit link is next to this text its jsut invisible go nuts assholes https://www.polyvore.com/florence_formal/set?id=233052014
FLOSSOffline87 POSTS
EIGHTEEN
MALE
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
Nerd
"Hn." He held his tongue in regards to Kerina's blank-faced supposition, letting the topic slip away as they started to move. They were all of them fairly disconnected from the majority of school events, in their respective ways; he had little else to contribute when it came to their faculty's extracurricular behavior, considering how lightly he interacted with any of them to begin with.

(Shun Kasai, who ran the drama club on string and enthusiasm, and against whom Felix had developed a set of specific escape strategies, was an outlier and could not be counted.)

Her point about her clutch made him laugh, though, a short abbreviated puff of breath as he shook his head. "I doubt they wanted to search you." He pitied the poor volunteer, or even chaperone, who tried.

He lingered a step or two to let Baron investigate an empty bench, only nodding when Kerina extended her thanks. His mothers were almost competitively welcoming, especially when they'd realized he'd somehow made new friends upon entering Ridgeview. Kerina and Florence had stood little chance of keeping their distance, even if Baron had been present to serve as intermediary (and bait).

"Point," he agreed simply with Florence, sincere despite the muted tone of his voice and expression. "This was a good idea."

The shepherd's tongue lolled happily as he glanced around, sniffing hopefully at the purse as it was passed to the center of the blanket. When Kerina withdrew her hand he stretched his neck out, nose quivering, only to settle again once he realized the items she'd retrieved weren't any form of treat whatsoever.

"Prepared as always," Felix noted, before picking up a sandwich and sitting back to listen to Florence. That she had enjoyed herself was a subtle delight, by any standards, though he raised his empty hand for her to see with a dry raise of one eyebrow. "I still have glitter on. I don't even remember where it came from," he commented, halving his sandwich in one undignified bite.

Baron whined, beseeching, and Felix gave him a look before feeding him half a triangular piece of bread. "Only because it's a holiday, bud."

- - -
puppy picnic simulator.
autoOffline72 POSTS
female
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
Loner
who cares
kerina arched a brow at felix's proclaim, "i would've still dumped everything out had they asked." which happened more often than not, back when she was what one might call: a 'delinquent.' but nowadays it would seem that many of the students were either convinced that she was completely 'reformed,' or simply didn't dare to 'force' her into things... probably afraid of stepping on any possible landmines; she was something of a ticking time bomb, after all. was anyone ever certain about what she was angry with half the time? it's definitely gotten her off the hook plenty of times though, even if it wasn't at all intentional.

at florence's apology, the seventeen-year-old glanced over with a blink, "it's going into the washer anyway. just lemme know." she said, eyes seeking out all the sparkly bits on her friend, "how do you usually get them off? forever, that is." one would think that she actually knew, given how much she had to play dress-up as the daughter of an upper-middle-class family. but kerina was never one to wear sparkles in the first place. the mere sight of them seemed like a pain in the ass, small doses or not.

she pondered briefly over florence's words about getting more photos for another school dance. of course, kerina was quick to disagree with the notion, "i doubt you'll remember most of them two years from now." since florence did have more friends and acquaintances than both kerina and felix combined. or maybe it was just kerina who would likely forget 90% of those she'd met. these types of things just didn't matter to her as much, she supposed. though it did remind her of the fact that she likely wouldn't be seeing a lot of florence or felix after graduation. not when she planned on leaving peachtree for university, at least.

"hm." she looked back to the sandwiches as she took another sip of her beer, her other hand idly playing with baron's fur, "no. it's from the dance." she replied absent-mindedly to the other girl, her tone about as dull as usual.

the conversation between her two friends continued for a bit, but kerina had already fallen into something of a thoughtful trance at this point. should she make the effort? of attending another dance just because florence was? it was likely going to be prom, and... what if she ended up getting harassed by someone, and kerina wasn't there to fight them off for her? not that she was an overprotective friend, necessarily. but if there was anything that stupid teen movies have taught her, it was that prom was when shit always hit the fan.

her left brow gave an ever-so-subtle twitch and she suddenly piped up again, "just to make sure," said kerina, gaze darting from whatever she was looking at in the distance back to her ex-stuco friend, "is the next dance you're going to gonna be prom?"

seventeen
female
senior
heterosexual
part-time ta, tutor
Loner
Florence nodded as she carefully licked frosting off the corner of her mouth. “I want to have another one someday. When spring comes around though.” She suggested. And then she could make up not bringing anything to this picnic. She stared at Felix’s hand for a moment before snickering and shrugging. “Collateral damage in the grand scheme of things. Should disappear in a couple of days.” The girl explained before smiling at Baron as he received his holiday treat. As always, Baron never failed to be utterly adorable for every occasion. She wished she had that skill.

“How were you planning on getting pepper spray and a knife past security if you dumped it out?” Flo asked turning towards Kerina, surprised at her conviction. That would’ve defeated the purpose of bringing it wouldn’t it? She paused, swallowing another bite of the cake she’d taken. “Well, I usually use spare eye makeup removers ‘cause the oil on the pads is a little sticky? In a sense. That gets most of it and then I shower. It all goes away in a few days. Usually. This might take a week to completely disappear.” Perhaps she had gone a little overboard with her make up for the evening, but on the other hand when did she ever have an occasion to do her make up anyway? She usually didn’t wear makeup and even then, it was usually just some concealer and eyeliner. Nothing drastic or noticeable to most people. “I suppose so, but I think it would be nice to have some photos as keepsakes.” Flo returned, not necessarily disagreeing. She wouldn’t forget Kerina or Felix easily, but she already had a feeling of others that she might forget about and lose contact with. It was a shame but, her relationships with a lot of students were delicate. It wouldn’t take much to break them when she graduated.

“OH wow! I thought they only had that egg avocado toast or whatever.” The girl said, mildly surprised. Where had they been hiding all the good stuff?! Perhaps she’d arrived after Kerina cleaned it out. At least she got to enjoy it now. She was about to finish up her cake when Kerina spoke up again. “Oh! Yeah, I helped plan it last year but left before it started.” She explained. “I think I’m ok with dressing up one last time and then sinking back into jogger and sweat shirt oblivion.” She added with a laugh. “Not that I mean to pressure either of you in coming with. I just…personally want to attend.” She added looking down at her leftovers.

FLOSSOffline87 POSTS
EIGHTEEN
MALE
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
Nerd
Baron settled, nose between his paws as his finicky habits set in and he started to root around for crumbs. Sitting back, Felix sighed in mock suffering at Florence's reassurance - "Glad to contribute to a cause, I guess."

Kerina's frankness was expected, though he lifted a shoulder in slight agreement with Flo's question regardless. "Keri's smart, she'd have done it." The senior practically bled resourcefulness, if the picnic she'd improvised said anything. There was very little he doubted Kerina could do, especially when it came to defending herself or her actions.

He gave the pearlescent shimmer smeared over his wrist a second look, wondering idly if there was any makeup remover left in his home. "To be honest, I hadn't ever considered glitter in makeup to be a thing." The palettes had bemused him somewhat, when Florence had arrived asking for assistance and handed him some brushes to hold. In the end he hadn't said much, though, thinking that it was the least he could do for a friend hoping to have a good night at the ball.

"A good night" had also happened to involve a lot of photos, though he had agreed to help in that respect as well. He didn't take many pictures himself, either forgetting to commemorate the few outings he made or feeling awkward when the time came to ask whoever he was with. Memory served him well enough, as well as a few rapid-fire text conversations with closer friends.

Maybe he had taken it for granted, though, considering how their time was running out. That it had taken an impromptu gathering next to an actual, planned event probably said something about his habits, to the point that he shifted quietly in his seat and lowered his gaze, thinking as the other two present discussed the prospect of prom.

"It could be nice," he contributed eventually, pale eyes still studying the strap of Kerina's purse. "As a. Friendly thing."

He pushed thoughts of the implied romantic requirements aside and found himself stymied again, unsure how to express what he wanted. Somehow they'd come to spend more time together as years passed, from initially rocky introductions to a more peaceable friendship. Honoring that - or, no, just continuing to experience it, was worthy, even if it involved the pageantry of a school event.

He didn't really get to say that, though, as a whistle sounded overhead.

"Ah." Looking around, he realized that the park had slowly become more populated as time crept on, with other people visible nearby as they gathered for the show. Up above, the first fireworks of the night scattered in bright red, spreading like petals.

His ringtone sounded half a minute later and he turned aside, pausing when he saw the caller ID. As he raised the phone, Baron wriggled free of Kerina's grip and bounced to his feet, excited by the sounds overhead and circling the blanket several times as he craned his head skyward.

Eventually he decided, in puppy fashion, to vent his excitement in his usual affectionate manner, and after pressing his wet nose briefly to Kerina's face he ambled over to lean against Florence too, whuffling happily at the frosting left on her cheek.

Having received a call from one suspiciously cheerful spencer jones, Felix stared at the distant fireworks with deadening eyes before responding. "Fascinating." Finger moving to hang up, he reconsidered for a split second and took half a breath, before registering the giddy quality of the jock's voice and sighing. "Happy new year, Jax."

He ended the call before he could regret it, stuffing his phone back into his jacket pocket and reaching immediately for a beer. "Apparently 2018 is the year of tapeworm facts."

Popping the can open, he took a sip and grimaced, though whether due to the taste or Spencer's unexpected contact he wasn't sure.

- - -
puppy kisses haVE NO DEADLINE
autoOffline72 POSTS
female
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
Loner
who cares
her shoulders gave a faint shrug at the same time as felix's, when florence proposed what could have happened during the 'security screening,' "nothing to do with smarts." kerina responded lightly, "but i would've told them what it's for and," there was a slight pause. technically, that was basically the same as bringing a gun to the airport for 'self-defence' purposes. an eyebrow arched as she finished dully: "threatened to use the knife on them if they objected." knowing her temper, it was probably more of an actual statement than a joke. even if she was definitely joking.

hopefully. what else was she supposed to do? deny it? she wasn't about to stoop so low and say that she 'didn't mean' to do something when she did.

nonetheless, when the other loner went on to explain her process of sparkle-removal, kerina's brows furrowed slightly, "sounds like a pain in the ass." and for what? why initiate it at all if the second half was going to take up so much time and effort? she glanced down to her beer and sipped at it, "but if it makes you happy." and that's all that really mattered. if it made florence happy then, who was she to say anything? they were all expected to find ways to waste their time since the moment of their birth, anyway. sparkles should be the least of anyone's concerns.

sentimentality wasn't exactly her specialty, she decided as she listened to florence's thoughts on her event participation. however, while kerina was by no means as apathetic as she might've appeared, she also didn't think that she would really miss the school, nor most of her classmates. not until much later probably, which was a bridge she would cross when it came. "maybe. there's gonna be photos in the yearbook too though." and, if she really thought about it: "facebook friendships are only a click away. plus, some busybody'll prolly decide to make a group page... if it's not already made. you could just join that and stalk as many people as you want," wasn't that the sole purpose of social media? "there's all your keepsakes."

maybe she was just too cynical. maybe, at some point in her life, she would actually look back and think, 'hey, honestly, that elite/jock/fringe who mocked everything i said wasn't so bad. wonder what they're up to now?'

prolly stabbed by some psychopath that they picked on one too many times. at the thought, kerina snorted a laugh and burried her face into baron's fur again. the irony was definitely the fact that she could very well be that 'psychopath.' not like she hadn't already pushed someone down a flight of stairs years ago. there was a reason why one of the previous school counsellors had told her to take up lacrosse; she wouldn't be able to graduate if she came close to maiming someone again, now, would she?

when felix commented on the prospect of participating in prom, though, kerina sat back up with a blank stare, "it's expensive," she looked from the blonde to the blacknette. well, maybe it wouldn't be that bad, if both of them were there. her shoulders shrugged again, "i'll try to save up for it." one corner of her mouth gave a faint, upward curl. maybe it would be worth it. and if it wasn't, well, it was the last big event of her high school career anyway.

gaze lifted when the first set of fireworks exploded above their heads. the brunette was about to take another swig of her beer when felix's phone caught her attention. she glanced to him briefly, but looked to baron when he naturally grew very excited. she stared momentarily, then let out a laugh when the canine pressed his nose against her face, "happy new year, baron," she said aloud, a smile still lingering on her lips as she looked to florence, "well, it's 2018." as she glanced to felix, however, the amusement twinkling in her eyes seemed to dim just slightly.

felix voluntarily reaching for an alcoholic beverage was somewhat unexpected. not to mention what she thought he had said over the sound of the explosions in the sky; something to do with... worms? "the fireworks remind you of infected plants, huh?"

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll