MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
COMING SOON
JAN 21 — NEW YEAR'S EVE BALL IS OVER! thanks everyone for participating and PM BEAR if your character did not get their award!

JAN 08 — NEW SKIN! as always, pm bear for bugs!

influence
FRINGES STARTING TO CATCH UP FROM WINNING THE SNOWDOWN SNOWBALL FIGHT!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Add Reply
New Poll

BRIGHTEST COLORS, FT. THE ENTIRE CAST OF STUCO
aster IS CURRENTLY Offline
eighteen
FEmale
Elite
senior
BISEXUAL
personal assistant
9 POSTS
It started with a high school dance, how did it end up like this?

Manicured digits rest against the buttons of a black headset, the microphone adjusted to the side to avoid that unfortunate popping noise when she spoke. How could everything be so horribly, terribly wrong?

She had every detail planned and written down since her inauguration — sure, it's just a meaningless title in the academic bureaucracy but she liked to consider it her first step to being the first president in space — in May of last year. She had every phone number, every color accent and palette there was to have and only the finest food because she would not forgive herself if they served something sub-par. Pizza rolls? They must be joking.

Of course, the planning had gone splendidly only for everything to absolutely fall to pieces the day of the actual event because you know what: fuck Cadence.

Hand moves through tightly bound blonde, whilst her opposite hand clutches a glittery clipboard tighter to her chest. It's chipped at the edges and pieces of plastic inevitably found themselves on the polished floor when she swung her arms around wildly, shouting any number of odd profanities at the help because how could they confuse eggshell with cream?

Clearly, cream was a softer off-white than eggshell and it wasn't as though they were at a wedding and besides that it wasn't as though eggshell would compliment the golden accents which was supposed to match the venue which was sparsely decorated because of course the truck had broken down on the freeway and yes, she's very happy everyone is safe but she is not happy they refuse to send a runner and how are they supposed to get on the freeway when highway patrol blocked off the entrance and —

Ink bleeds onto the floor as plastic presses painfully into the palm of her hand.

With a clack of her heels, she strides across the room to toss the fragments of her pen into the nearest trash bin. She takes a moment to compose herself before she makes her way across the room, calling out to the set-up committee as she passes them. "Mr. Schermitore, have the masks arrived yet? Set up the check-in table. Do you have a small sewing kit? Some people may need some alterations — no, Mr. Silex. Put that down and so help me if I turn around and find you with that horse head again! Mr. Vanderbilt, have they fixed the sound equipment and good god, Keegan! Stop crying over your avocado toast, I don't care if it's vegan and gluten-free because it tastes awful."

Hand sweeps in the general direction of the building, snapping her fingers impatiently. "Hurry up! We have an hour and we're here to make some memories so pull it together!"

taliesin schermitore, augustus silex, REMINGTON VANDERBILT, keegan moon! why do these kids have such long names. literally, why.
reasons
you get along over the weekends i got it bad, yeah im not sleeping and every time i hear her name my heart is breaking
STUCO!
470 words
FLOSS IS CURRENTLY Offline
burn like rum on the fire, i walk my days on a wire
SEVENTEEN
DEMIMALE
Elite
SENIOR
BISEXUAL
STUDENT
13 POSTS
He'd been training for this for years.

Not the ball - no, that had only taken months of funding negotiations, of careful coordination between his personal resources and those afforded to the student council by Ridgeview High. The novelty of the position he worked from aside, he got it done, with rather enough time to hound Remington about his... wardrobe to boot. Not that it had been necessary, in the end, though who was to say that his persistent horror at Rem's initial choice of outfit had fallen on deaf ears?

All of that - he'd learned it as he went, stayed on top of his tasks simply because he worked hard enough to do so. What he'd been training for, unconsciously or not, was-

Cadence, of course.

She was resplendent even in the fury of last-minute damage control, the glimmer of the metallic flowers amidst her braided hair like stars under the room's light. As she marched by, Taliesin swiveled to follow, heels clicking into rhythm a half-beat behind as he accompanied her toward the venue's entrance.

"The final boxes were unpacked fifteen minutes ago," he answered her when he could get a word in edgewise, the deep violet of his skirt swirling gently as he stepped out of range of her gesture. "The tables are across from the rental. All accounted for, cross-indexed by color and shape for easy browsing."

Check-in remained to be finalized, chiefly in that there were rosters and checklists to be set out and volunteers to be instructed once they arrived. He took the time to scoff lightly, though, reaching out to gently adjust the lapel of her blue blazer. "Please, darling. I have several kits at our disposal." The question of who exactly would be running any alterations went unaddressed for the moment, as he continued toward the doorway while Cadence turned on their fellow officers.

A successful event necessitated a strong leader, and there was no other candidate for the job, really. He busied himself with the check-in rosters as she finished her call to arms, checking each packet of paper more intently than was probably necessary - mostly to avoid Keegan's eyes, if he was looking.

- - -
the show must go on!
>outfit<
kimmy IS CURRENTLY Offline
I’ll rise above my station, organize your information, ‘til we rise to the occasion
male
Elite
senior
asexual
bourgeois
2 POSTS
He knew this would happen. Planning and executing events of this scale were never easy. One way or another, something went wrong because people were incapable of following instructions or sticking to time lines. The news that the truck carrying the dance’s decorations had been a hard blow. Cadence practically popped a vein over it but still managed to walk away with her outfit of the night composed, for them most part anyway. Augustus is left pulling on numbers and making phones calls to arrange some sort of alternate delivery. There had to be a route around whatever blockage was going on in the city. There wasn’t a solution he couldn’t find, couldn’t grasp for that was out of reach. By God, he would get that delivery here. If only because it was probably too late to find alternate decorations that would match the color schemes Cadence had decided on.

He got off the phone as soon as their lovely president began addressing them, pocketing the cellphone in the process. He practically dropped the horse mask November had forced him to take before running off to meet up with friends at some diner. The Brat. Why didn’t he wear it? As fond as he was of the terrifying mask, it would ruin his hair and make him sweat. Taliesin had put too much effort in the highlighter, he didn’t want to ruin it. Even if he had immortalized the finished work with countless selfies of himself. “Yes, of course.” He replied quickly as folded up the plastic mask and tucked it under his arm before following his colleagues.

“If I may, there is currently a truck making its way around to retrieve the lost delivery of decorations. Currently, we have completed, and fixed table set ups and centerpieces to your specifications.” He paused as he adjusted the little communicator in his ear before continuing. “Preparations for the outside portion of the dance are also complete. The floral arrangements outside have been set, and space has been cleared for the students to observe the fireworks. Additionally, I have personally checked that all spare rooms have been locked as well as marked out of bounds for the students to ensure there is no…uncivilized conduct present.” He cleared his throat to push away the gross thoughts that threatened to invade his head. “Anything I may have missed?” he asked in general.

cadence hartley keegan moon REMINGTON VANDERBILT taliesin schermitore

ooc: i tried wheezes outfit
pumpkin IS CURRENTLY Offline
guess I'm giving up the ghost / f*** its you i hate the most
eighteen
male
Elite
senior
demisexual
tech heir
4 POSTS
for the most part, the toughest part of rem’s night would begin with the actual festivities. his historian duties meant he would spend the night running around with a camera, getting as many candid shots and the like as possible for future posterity. he'd already started somewhat by snapping shots of himself and the other stuco members preparing the dance hall, but had quickly left his camera dangling freely around his neck in favor of making himself as useful as possible. it seemed as many things that could go wrong were, and rem was fairly sure that cadence would explode if they didn't get a handle on the truck situation soon. it seemed the wise decision not to add to her stress if he could avoid it.

she did a damn good job, was the very picture of power and poise, but he hated to see her tearing herself to pieces over the smallest of details. the only thing he could do was ease the burden where he could, where his skills were the most useful.

when the sound system started having an awful popping problem as the orchestra started trickling in for warm ups, he'd taken it upon himself to climb a ladder and start inspecting the speakers. the mics were all in working order, so it had to be a connection issue. he held a screwdriver between his teeth as he went about replacing the faulty jack wiring. once he'd finished, he signalled to a waiting musician to give it a shot. the notes flowed delightfully clear and rem grinned at his handiwork. he made quick work of replacing the panel and returned to the ground, brushing away whatever wrinkles had formed on his dress clothes as he tucked his tools away. taliesin wouldn't forgive him if he didn't look presentable, especially since rem had gleefully spent the last three weeks of planning convincing the other boy that his planned attire for the evening was a hideous tux onesie.

rem smiled to himself as cadence addressed him, giving her a salute. ”perfect working order, ma’am. handled it myself.” he pulled his jacket back on as he fell into step behind her with the others, adjusting the cufflinks that held the microphone of his comms unit. the receiver was tucked neatly into his ear, hidden by a wave of his dark curls.

”the rest of the orchestra will be arriving within the next fifteen minutes to finish warm ups. we'll be outfitting them all with the proper equipment on arrival. the photographer is here and currently setting up his equipment for the booth on the outside patio. the booth itself has been fully set up and is just waiting for the last few touches coming from the truck. oh, and i've already emailed the chaperones the updated copy of the rotation schedule. we’ve received confirmation from all but ms. kasai.” he pulled out his journal to scan over his checklist, making sure he hadn't missed anything. ”what else would you have of me?”

ahh quietly having war flashbacks OUTFIT
Why don't you lock me up with joy and kisses? Lock me up with love? Chain me to your heart's desire I don't want you to stop Lock me in and hold this moment, never get enough Ain't no way I'm ever breaking free Lock me up
Breaking Free
bear IS CURRENTLY Offline
If there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes
sixteen
MALE
Nerd
junior
bicurious
know-it-all
65 POSTS
keegan moon had one dream: egg avocado tomato toast.

unfortunately, there was somehow a limitless number of ways that could get utterly fucked up, apparently. despite the fact that keegan had written and printed out a very specific recipe and distributed it to the caterers.

idiots! fools!

this is what keegan screeches as he runs up to his madame president, who for some reason does not seem to grasp the extent of the situation.

“we can’t just serve untoasted avocado toast! it’s- it’s just going to be avocado bread!” keegan whines, practically vibrating in upset energy as he hovers behind cadence. the rest of his coworkers are speaking over him and each other, all at once, their voices a cacophony that keegan simply drowns out.

“this is an absolute disaster! what kind of high-end catering is unable to follow a simple pinterest recipe?!” he complains. “I told you we should’ve swung for Panera.”

“and I’ll have you know, cadence,” he adds haughtily after she shuts him down, “as student council and representatives of the entire student body, we must be cognizant of what the entire student body can eat. and if that means accommodating for those who are vegan and have gluten allergies, this is really the best option!”

the nerd crosses his arms and lifts his chin up in a huff, eyes searching the rest of his student council beseechingly. come on. come on!

@stuco
they're monaco and hamptons bound but we don’t feel like outsiders at all
aster IS CURRENTLY Offline
eighteen
FEmale
Elite
senior
BISEXUAL
personal assistant
9 POSTS
The New Years Ball is just like Prom.

While she admits it is nice to have a practice run before the real event comes along, she can't help the bitterness that comes with the knowledge that this is far from the last time she must organize an event of this caliber. Though, she must admit she will be pleased if their next grand venue will neither need her direction or necessitate decorative outsourcing. At the very least, she is comforted by the knowledge she is in the company of a capable staff. One expertly chosen with a trick of the hand and a cleverly placed smile. She is thankful at the least she is not tasked with the weight of the useless — regardless of what she may personally think of their beloved secretary.

Expression softens and she spares only a smile in her dearest friend's direction as he adjusts the lapel of her blazer. "Perfect." As if she expected anything less from Taliesin. That was right. There were others here, the competent few of the collective of young alcoholics and the morally depraved. Shoulders relax a margin as she motions towards a volunteer to bring her another pen, checking off the masks from her list. At least that was one delivery that had gone well. The matter of the alterations table was another question all together, she thinks, and as tempting as it was to ask him to man the table? It seemed somehow cruel to do that when he looked so—

"You look absolutely beautiful by the way, Tal." She calls, just before he moves to address other matters of importance. Formality be damned. Cadence barely manages to catch herself before she asks him to save her a dance. No sense in doing so, she thinks. Not when she would inevitably spend the entire evening making sure nothing went terribly wrong, not when they — her dutiful student council — deserved to enjoy the very thing they had helped bring to life. Cadence would have no such thing.

Her attention is seized by her vice president's address and the delight in her eyes is unmistakable.

Pen swiftly marks off basic set-up. Tables were up and what could be decorated had been done. "As always, I can count on you finding a way. Is there an estimated time of arrival? Students shouldn't be coming until about seven, I believe. Eight is more likely, but we'll need at least an hour in advance to their arrival." She adjusts the headset that was thoughtfully braided into her hair, though she dares not think about the trouble she will have at the end of the evening when she has to untangle it from the coils. As he rattles off the other details, Cadence nods along as she marks off the points. Her smile widens. "If there was anything else, I'm certain you'd find it." She adds with a quiet laugh. "As long as those decorations get here in time, this is perfect."

The sound system had been a sticking point for the same reasons that the truck had been. While the matter of traffic was a non-issue in this scenario, she doubts any normal electrician would be willing to jet out to the city hall to help on New Years' Eve. The staff at city hall were no more useful than she had been with what she had Googled, so she cannot help the sigh of relief that comes with the revelation. "Perfect," she replies, thankful that their fine historian had been able to find a fix at all let alone handle the situation all together.

"What about your camera? Do you have everything you need? If not, I believe Yearbook is photographing this event too so you might want to ask them or the school newspaper." Oh. That reminds her. She holds out her pen, its tip pointed in the direction of Augustus. "How is the lighting outdoors? I believe the park has street lamps, but we also purchased some string lights to give as much lighting as possible for photographs. Do we need to run another extension cord?" She checks off the photographer, pen stilling at what follows after the fact.

"And the videographer? I was told he would be delayed because of traffic," She looks to Remington. "—but that he would be arriving shortly. Has the area been cleared for the DJ as well?" She turns on her heel to face Augustus at the realization. The speed at which she has been whipping around the entire evening is frightening. It is, perhaps, nothing short of a miracle she had yet to fall or sprain her neck. "For when the orchestra is on break, of course. It'd be terrible for them to be kept in the corner of the room the entire evening. It would be better suited inside as to avoid disturbing the neighborhood, but we're a touch lacking on space inside so maybe it is better suited outdoors. Your opinion, Mr. Silex?"

The screeching from their secretary has not gone unnoticed, however, and upon his urging does Cadence at last acknowledge it. "Panera does not suit this venue and you know it." She replies, resting her clipboard against her chest and her free hand on her hip whilst digits twirl the pen. He's not wrong, she admits. It had been an oversight on her behalf to have not included vegan and gluten-free options, though she had thought that the vegetarian options would have been encompassing enough. She'd sooner die than admit that she was wrong to him though.

Keegan was many things, she thinks, but humble was not one of them.

And so she turns to face Taliesin, offering a grim look of apology before she straightens up once more. "Mr. Schermitore, will you help Mr. Moon deal with this? I don't have time—" Nor the emotional energy. "—to handle this unique problem. Mr. Vanderbilt, help them if you have the time? Mr. Silex, follow me."

Perfect. Everything had to be absolutely perfect.

taliesin schermitore, augustus silex, REMINGTON VANDERBILT, keegan moon! this thread is a mistake i wrote so much i'm dying.
reasons
you get along over the weekends i got it bad, yeah im not sleeping and every time i hear her name my heart is breaking
STUCO!
1002 words
FLOSS IS CURRENTLY Offline
burn like rum on the fire, i walk my days on a wire
SEVENTEEN
DEMIMALE
Elite
SENIOR
BISEXUAL
STUDENT
13 POSTS
The machine of their council ran smoothly for the most part, all fine-toothed gears and neat, regimented steps that spoke to their capacity for teamwork. In this, if not their daily interactions, they were professional - no amount of black-tie glamor would weaken that, though there was seemingly plenty else that wanted to try.

The affirmative calls of both Augustus and Remington masked Taliesin's soft chuckle, as he turned over his shoulder to smile at Cadence's words. Anyone else would have gotten the usual flippant yes, I know - she warranted a softer look and a raise of his hand, before he turned toward the entrance. "Thank you, dear. You look lovely, of course."

He'd put her outfit together weeks ago, though the headset had been Cadence's own, predictably efficient addition.

The speech echoing in the hall was still audible, from where he stood at the check-in table. Once paper packets were sorted and placed in the correct back-up folders, he pulled the pair of tablets to be used for actual check-in from their cases, tapping idly on their screens as he tested the form Remington had designed.

Cupping his free hand around his mouth, he gave his two cents to the matter of lighting, never mind his distance from the other officers at the moment. "We should double check the cables, at least, so nobody spills a drink and short circuits the entire event." Check-in successfully set up, he stepped one table over to alterations and accessories next, stacking several portable sewing kits neatly behind a sign that advertised the station's purpose.

He tapped his nails gently on the topmost box, mentally trimming away their list of volunteers until he arrived at the three students most suited to supervising alterations. One of the trio would man check-in, for the most part - unless a truly horrendous fraction of the student body decided to disregard the dress code, which would imply a level of malice even Taliesin couldn't reliably predict.

He wrote the three chosen volunteer's names down on a memo, his script deliberate and careful, while the conversation in the ballroom gained a particularly shrill note. Gathering the last items he needed from the table, he stepped back toward the others as the topic turned to catering, detouring to brush by Augustus first as he pressed an owl-feathered mask into his hands. "Have I doomed myself, do you think?" This he murmured humorously, tilting his head toward their council secretary as he crossed his arms and whined.

"Give us a call if she gets too stressed," he mentioned just before walking onward, lifting a hand to tap the earpiece that he, like the others present, wore. The commitment of their leader to a perfect night meant that her supporting officers were equally as committed to preserving her night, even if at the cost of her perceived efficiency. She had to enjoy the results of her work, even if only for a few minutes tonight.

He rejoined Cadence soon after, slipping the band of a gold-limned mask over her wrist as she changed her grip on her clipboard. Dark eyes flitted carefully to the side upon her request: Keegan was arguably his responsibility in some part, owing largely to the frankly ridiculous request (demand?) he'd made of Taliesin prior to the event. "Certainly. Mr. Moon, Mr. Vanderbilt," he mimicked, his voice singsong but not mocking as he took over for their dear president, "shall we away?"

To Remington he handed a black matte mask, expression tingeing with the usual distaste. "Considering you've made an effort tonight, I'm letting this slide." The last mask he held critically against Keegan's face, ignoring the talk of food for the few seconds it took him to compare the tinges of gold to the cool tones of his outfit. "And... this'll do."

Looping the strap swiftly over the nerd's head, he tied it in place before stepping back, arms crossing primly as he turned his head to look at the tables set up for catering. "My first suggestion is to halve each portion, to double output. Surely there's space in the prep room for the," he blinked, remembering the specific equipment that was being nitpicked so viciously, "... toasters, that you need."

Though, if there was a wrench in the plans, it probably answered to Keegan. "Unless you're having troubles with communicating this properly to the relevant staff," he added almost as an afterthought, raising an eyebrow as he glanced back. For a moment he shifted the topic, unfolding the memo from his hand and passing it to the historian. "Rem, I'd like these three assigned to alterations, if possible. Can you send them an update?"

It went unspoken that he preferred not to handle outgoing emails or texts, especially when involving students not necessarily in the student council.

- - -
micromanagement: the rp
kimmy IS CURRENTLY Offline
I’ll rise above my station, organize your information, ‘til we rise to the occasion
male
Elite
senior
asexual
bourgeois
2 POSTS
Despite all the bumps in the road it was nice to know that for the most part, the student council could at least hold it together. Even if problems arose, they were being handled with the cold efficiency they were known for. He looked at Keegan who for the most part, brought up fair points, even if he was loud about it but…making sure the entire student body was catered too was kind of a big deal. “I agree with him, but, surely, we have other options, Keegan?” he asked with a frown as the other members began to settle the whole matter. Just as well though. Now he didn’t have to ask about what the hell Panera was again. Augustus listens as everyone chimes in with their own reports, happy to hear that, like him, they are all on top of their own tasks. As expected anyway.

He nodded as he was addressed again turning to Madame President to speak. “ETA will be around twenty to twenty-five minutes. I’ve instructed people to wait near the docking area for the trucks to be ready to unload everything. Fortunately, since most of the prep is coming together, a large majority of the volunteers can and have been instructed to assist with unloading and decoration set up to expedite the process.” He looked at the other members. “As long as they aren’t under strict orders from you, of course.” Every able body that wasn’t already assigned to something would be decorating if they wanted to be able to do a walk through with some time left before the students began arriving. Augustus offers a snort at the response before returning a bemused smile of his own. He would at least try to think ahead of Cadence. “Probably, but I always like hearing your concerns.” He states with ease.

Augustus perks up once more. “I have already instructed the hands outside to bring out a pair of power strips and additional chords for the additional lighting. Especially since the truck might bring a few more strings with it. I’ll be checking in momentarily to be sure all chords leading outside are properly secured.” The boy replied. He suddenly had the craving for a tangerine… He snapped back to attention, pushing the thought away. “Right. There is some extra space for the orchestra to set their instruments down outside that we could cordon off. We can also put place cards on the tables nearest their instruments to reserve seating for those students. So yes, we can accommodate. It would also help from making the ballroom too stuffy if we have students moving into the outside and back inside throughout the night.”

As Cadence turns form him he turns his head, blue eyes piercing through the closet nobody near them. He’s ready to give an order until Taliesin interrupts his train of thought. He nods in thanks, looking over his mask curiously and holding it carefully. He didn’t want to bend any of the feathers. He gives a wry grin at Tal before returning softly, “Probably, but I have no doubt you’ll think of something to save yourself.” He still can’t believe the pairings of the night. Augustus hadn’t known whether to cackle or stare in disbelief. Both had been appropriate reactions. “Of course, I trust everyone is prepared to dance.” He glanced at Remington and Keegan, prays they have some sort of dancing skill and holds back a sigh.

He then offers Cadence his arm and a smile. “Madame President,” he begins with a hint of theatrics. “I am at your beck and call. What will you have of me?” He states as he takes his place to her right side. A volunteer passes by and he grabs them gently by the arm, “Bring me a tangerine, please. I don’t care if it’s peeled or not.”

cadence hartley keegan moon REMINGTON VANDERBILT taliesin schermitore

ooc: bring him the gotdamned fruit PEOPLE outfit
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll