MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

JUN
SOFT REOPENING! all old members & invited members can start making characters! for what's new, read the announcement here!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
SCHOOL'S OUT - BUT CLIQUE RIVALRIES ARE STILL IN!

Add Reply
New Poll

Han's K-BBQ, PTC's Asian community
HellionOffline47 POSTS
GOT A JAIL ON MY HEART FROM THE PESSIMISTS, GOT THESE NAILS IN MY MOUTH FOR IMPRESSIONISTS
Seventeen
Male
Junior
Demisexual
Family Restaurant Helper
Members

food tastes the best

when eaten together

Hey, so I'm bringing this one back due to popular demand. This time I swear I'll get around to making an actual group thread for this, too.

So, my homeboy Jake's parents own a Korean barbecue & street food restaurant, which is located in the heart of the downtown. It's not a big place, nor is it very fancy either. It's in fact, bit small, but it makes it feel more homely and intimate. There's only four tables with grills and air ventilators on them, and during Saturdays the place is usually packed, and mostly with Asians.

The Han's K-BBQ is a popular meeting point for the Asian community of Peachtree City. They come here to eat good food, but also meet the owners and staff, just as much as to see familiar faces of their tight knit community. Saturdays especially has the community gathering together, filling the place with chatter and laughter, and the smell of good food being made and eaten together.

Han's K-BBQ offers mainly authentic Korean barbecue, meaning most of the ingredients are served for you raw and you're supposed to grill them in the table yourself. But the house also serves meals that are prepared for you, in case you really just want to focus on the actual eating. The prepared meals mostly contain typical Korean street food items, like ddukbokki. And typically for Korean cuisine, they don't hold back with the spices.

The Hans live upstairs of the restaurant, and own the whole building otherwise. During Saturdays, they often join the rest of the community to eat after closing hours, and the eating usually continues with them well after midnight. Every Saturday is like a small celebration of life, and the Han's especially know how to celebrate just for the simple joy of being alive.

Business hours:
Sun-Mon: Closed
Tue-Thu: 11am-9pm
Fri-Sat: 1pm-11pm

Kang-Min Han, "Mr. Han"
The head chef of the restaurant, and the official owner of the place. (Everyone who knows this family also knows who actually runs it.) A quiet sort of man who prefers the solitude of his well loved kitchen. A bit aloof from time to time, but gentle where his wife is strict. Loves to cook, and loves it even more when he hears people compliment whatever he provides. Enjoys a little bit too much Soju with the other fathers of the community from time to time during Saturdays, and loves good liqueur almost as much as he loves good food. Can surprise people sometimes with a sudden snarky comment or a subtle joke that you can easily miss and get it only after everyone's already moved on. Speaks English with a rather obvious Korean accent, despite the decades spent in America.

Eun-Ho Han, "Mrs. Han."
The woman who actually runs the whole show. She's strong, opinionated and a little bit too straightforward. Fittingly, she's gained the nickname "Fire Spitting Tiger" which comes from a combination of her personality and name. She is the matron of the restaurant, and believes that every teenager needs her life advice. She also loves to gossip among the other women. She's not fond of same sex relationships, and is sometimes known to judge quietly, even if she doesn't necessarily publicly voice her opinions. Also constantly tries to match her son with girls she deems suitable according to her standards. Speaks English with only a hint of an Korean accent. You really need to focus on it to notice it, and you could easily mistake that Mrs. Han speaks English as her first language.

Jacob "Jake" Han, "Jae-Won."
The son of Mr. and Mrs. Han. Seventeen, hardworking and just as introverted as his father and just as temperamental as his mother. Among the Koreans, he's often referred with his Korean name, but responds to "Jake" just as well as he responds to "Jae-Won." He's bit of a multitasking helping hand, and can work both in the dining hall as a waiter as he can work in the kitchen as the sous chef, but prefers the kitchen for obvious reasons. (His personality just doesn't really suit customer service, and his judging expressions don't exactly help his case.) Often ends up looking after the younger teens and kids of the customers, and acts with them like he's the Asian Steve Harrington from Stranger Things 2. Also often catches Benny Li trying to steal things from the restaurant, but never tattles on her, for whatever reason. At this point, it's sort of a little play between them; can Benny sneak out with uneven amount of chopsticks before Jake can catch her? It's a game, and it's so on. As an American born, doesn't have the Korean accent like his parents do, but he speaks with a very distinctive New York accent which stands out from the more typical SoCal accents around here. But as a bilingual, Jake has the tendency to shift between languages and fuse them into a jumble of Konglish.

Want to be part of this community? The demands are that your character's ethnicity is Asian (doesn't matter where they're from Asia, beggars can't be choosers; PTC is a small place) and they and their family enjoys these sort of get togethers. And since this community is tight knit, everyone here should know each other pretty well, to a point they're most likely first name basis, even if they do not necessarily act like that at school due to cliques. The Han's K-BBQ is a place where they can momentarily forget the peer pressure they have at school, and focus on just being kids and unwinding among their colorful families and friends. Both students and faculty are welcome, along with their NPC family members.

If you're interested, throw your piece of a post here and how your character is within this community; how they act and how close they're to who and so on.

xxx,
hellion

BY MITZI
autoOffline69 POSTS
you know that baby i... i'm your biggest fan, i'll follow you until you love me. papa-paparazzi!
female
sophomore
bicurious
amateur model
Creative
& Jacob Han
weeps i wasn't sure if i should post here since i kinda already posted in the last one bUT. also as a reminder for myself and/or to go into more detail i guess. ahaha here i gooo.

so ainsley's already been to the restaurant w teagan in the one thread and, i think even before then she would've eaten there once or twice? since her mom's dojo is basically right around the corner and all. but that's about it. she's a third gen japanese-american w an american dad, and had never been to japan until probs two years ago? so... she's not very big on her asian roots outside of aikido and like, pop culture.

HOWEVER, bc she's basically siblings w mitsuo williams, ainsley's likely to tag along whenever mimi decides to show up. i think she'd also go around w a petition/donation box, hoping to get some of the possibly drunk dads to pitch in for a karaoke set (and/or tv, depending on whether it already exists in the restaurant) to put in the corner. pfft as if it's not cramped enough already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

❝ can i touch your spyglass? ❞
─ mitsuo williams @ eugene park, ft. ainsley's inner mind theatre
bearOffline102 POSTS
who's that knocking at your door? you got lots to answer for. who's that sleeping in your bed?
fourteen
female
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
Delinquent
YEA I'M SO DOWN FOR THIS!!!

basically benny here is Jacob Han's pain in the ass constantly. her mom drags her to the restaurant all the time because all the asians in one place know each other and they have a weekly mahjong night. she kind of hates the food (she's 2 americanized.. her fave food is like, mac and cheese) and it's just a pain in the butt, gosh, mom.

so she just kinda enjoys pocketing random things in a very non-subtle way.

BUT YA. if anyone's parents might be interested in like asian card games or mahjong and drags their kids along, maybe they can witness one of her crimes?? or idk, you can take her side and also act out b/c you're bored, or help jake keep an eye on her, lmfao. but YE lmk if anyone wants to interact with his dumbshit kiddo :"))
HellionOffline47 POSTS
GOT A JAIL ON MY HEART FROM THE PESSIMISTS, GOT THESE NAILS IN MY MOUTH FOR IMPRESSIONISTS
Seventeen
Male
Junior
Demisexual
Family Restaurant Helper
Members
ainsley tyson

I can see Jake be hella against the whole karaoke thing because he's like "I do not need tone deaf screeching in here BECAUSE IT'S ME WHO WILL HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT" And then tipsy Mr. Han just throws in like a twenty just as Jake's said his piece and he's like

user posted image
"I've been betrayed by my own kin."

And then eventually they'll end up getting the damn karaoke stuff few weeks later and now every Saturday is also a cringy karaoke night. And Jake's not a fan LOL.

On a side note I imagine there would be a TV there that's always just kinda open, with a remote there somewhere that's always kinda lost and everyone has to manually go switch channels unless it does a rare appearance.

benny li

Benny's lowkey probably Jake's favorite of the bunch. Not that he's ever gonna actually admit that. She'd use this fact against him ruthlessly if she ever found out why he's not tattling on her kleptomaniac tendencies. Benny's the little sister he never wanted but somehow got anyway.

Chopstick sword fight, en garde!
hanaOffline10 POSTS
hiding below the stars, under your neon light
fifteen
female
sophomore
questioning
student
Members
i don't know how well thought out this'll be but im gonna try anyway ahaha. so i imagine sophie would have first gone to han's k-bbq because of her parents. god bless cali for having good, authentic korean food outside of her own home. her parents enforce healthy eating, but sophie can only have brown rice and quinoa for so long. so i imagine she'd drop by jake's place every once in awhile to satisfy her gogi cravings :D

i think her parents would be pretty friendly with the other parents. they'd mostly go to socialize instead of eat but occasional grilled intestines is p good lol. her dad would definitely join any mahjong or go-stop games and drink plenty of soju. her mom would be a bit more reserved but maybe she can gossip with mrs. han and the other ladies.

i imagine this is how sophie would get to know the other kids around her age.
she's not the most sociable kid but she'd try to say hi and make small talk with jacob at least. maybe witness one of benny li's crime in action??
HellionOffline47 POSTS
Seventeen
Male
Junior
Demisexual
Family Restaurant Helper
Members
sophie bok

Sophie's always welcome to come and eat. And I'm pretty sure she'll have Mrs. Han hovering over her for several reasons. First of all, she'll probably give this girl extra servings because she's so tiny, telling her she's got to eat or her chest will remain flat forever. Secondly, because she's a pretty girl with Korean roots and good family, Mrs. Han will most definitely try to set up Sophie with her son. Jake hates it whenever she does that with anyone.

So you can expect Mrs. Han to size up Sophie the first time, click her tongue and say something about good birthing hips. And after that moment, she's got her eye on Sophie. And she'll be elbowing Jake a lot not-so-subtly whenever Sophie's around to push him to talk to her, telling him she wants her as her daughter-in-law LMAO. Jake will be groaning a lot out of annoyance.

Mrs. Han will most definitely try to get into Mrs. Bok's good graces for the aforementioned reasons. And also because she loves to gossip. She'd also not-so-casually drop in comments how their kids would look good together.

Mr. Han always welcomes a fellow Soju drinker! He's easy to get along with. All you gotta do is appreciate good alcohol.

Jake would probably try to avoid Sophie a bit at first, so to not give his mother any further reasons to egg them on and make things even more awkward for them. But there's only so much he can do that, so they'd probably eventually end up talking to each other and be mutually awkward about it. She can witness Jake snapping at his mom whenever she says something unnecessary, and I'm also down with her witnessing the Benny/Jake game in action as well!
bearOffline102 POSTS
who's that knocking at your door? you got lots to answer for. who's that sleeping in your bed?
fourteen
female
freshman
heterosexual
skateboarder
Delinquent
Jacob Han & sophie bok & ainsley tyson & everyone too!!!

would you guys be interested in a group thread?? of basically 'our parents dragged us here and now they're in the corner playing cards so im just gonna hang out with all the other teens here' LMAO. and benny's prolly gonna try and sneak off and like, shove fish into her pockets or smth.
VenOffline14 POSTS
And I won't be denied by you, The animal inside of you
sixteen
male
Sophomore
(closet) homosexual
pizza delivery guy
Members
Alex and Jacob Han,

I told you I’d crash by here so here it is

Whew okay so. It’s mostly Tatiana who comes by to eat at the BBQ place because let’s face it, even she can get tired of her own Russian home cooking—and drive both Ivan and Alex up the wall when that happens (you should hear the groans when their dinner at home is borscht, it’s an acquired taste but to Ivan and Alex that shit is nasty)!!!

So, no thanks to his mother, Alex comes in touch with another kind of cuisine—one that he strangely enjoys? Despite him having to eat healthy most of the time (it comes with the ice-skating training, you have no idea) Saturdays are definitely his “cheat day”, so to speak. So like after a week of having to stick to the healthier food options he’d more than readily agree to his mom dragging them both out of their house to have some good ol’ Korean-style BBQ!

Never mind the fact that they’re Russian, Alex would prolly argue that his family’s home nation is the largest in the world and more than 70% of it lies in Asian territory, so there’s that. He’s still, by technicalities, an Asian? Also, if by any chance there is a karaoke machine… do not get Alex’s dad started. He is prone to busting out vodka (along with the soju) and then it’s embarrassing dads’ night… hell Alex would never be able to live that down whenever karaoke happens…

P.S. I can just imagine the dads butchering how Ivan pronounces his name (it’s a sore thing since the American side of the world pronounces it as eye-van, not ee-vahn like how the Russians normally do it) and it never fails to make Tatiana and Alex laugh (and internally cringe at the same time, Ivan when drunk is over the top and rather emotional).

user posted image
kimmyOffline100 POSTS
just a young gun with a short fuse, I was uptight, wanna let loose
fifteen
male
sophomore
bisexual
dojo assistant
Delinquent
Jacob Han & mitsuo Williams
Hi hello the Williams family says their hello, Mitsuo Williams says his goodbye. He’s on a radical quest to literally get kicked out forever so his mom can stop dragging him there. The only way to keep mimi’s mouth just is stuffing it full of bulgogi and praying he chokes on it. Mitsuo is the less well behave son of the Willaims family and he’s the worst when there’s an audience present. He’s unapologetically the stereotype delinquent and he’s gonna throw some gay fucking shit in there for added measure. All the better to shame his family into never bringing him along ever again. He’s on board with benny li and will assist her in stealing anything and everything. She’ll be the face and he’ll grab shit or he can be the face and she can grab shit. Either way shit is being grabbed. I apologize in advance. He’s just there to assert himself as the only TRUE Asian Child at this restaurant because at least he was born in Asia. but whatever he’s still a gremlin.

On that note he’s so down to get drunk Asians to hand ainsley tyson their money for a karaoke machine and he’s ready to jam out to Backstreet boys, international super star boy band of the 90s. Though, realistically, his older brother is probably a hardcore fan and he just jams to like 2 songs. Arata Williams, the better Wiliams child and sometimes though as the only child. /shot

Naoko Williams is just there to eat good food and talk with other moms cause its relaxing. She disciplines Mitsuo but refuses to cave into his demands because she is THE ALPHA PARENT. Monroe Williams is an Irishman and he’s ready to compete with the best of them ok. Let him drink. LET. HIM. DRINK. / wheezes I think I covered everything orz
HellionOffline47 POSTS
Seventeen
Male
Junior
Demisexual
Family Restaurant Helper
Members
benny li

Sign me the fuck up. http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9gckz0sJR1qzckow.gif

alexei vasiliev

The Vasilievs are always welcome despite being Slavs and only Asians as a technicality. Slavs are amazing lmao so more the merrier anyway. Also, this just means the dads get more variety in their alcohol selection and let's face it, who the hell doesn't like vodka?

I can already see Jake telling his dad to stop drinking so much and think about his health, and Mr. Han just smiling up at him, lifting that vodka glass up for a cheer and saying, "Vodka is made out of potatoes. Potato is a vegetable. Therefore, I'm drinking a salad."

And what comes to karaoke... well, Alex and Jake can both facepalm in the corner together, then. Jake hates karaoke. His dad doesn't sing, but his mother does. But just because she sings, doesn't mean she can sing. But honestly, that's not really what karaoke is about, so as long as everyone has fun, lowkey Jake's more than okay sacrificing his eardrums every once in a while.

You can bet Mr. Han butchers everyone's names hands down. He's got that remaining Korean accent to make it even worse. But then again, I just automatically assume every non-Korean just kills the Hans names equally. I mean, that's exactly the reason why Jake's got an American name and the Korean name is only used at home and in the community.

mitsuo williams

BRING IT. JAKE-OPPA/HYEONG IS TASKED TO LOOK AFTER THE SMOL FRESHIES AND LOOK AFTER THEM HE SHALL.

user posted image

Don't worry Mimi this ragtag group will eventually grow on you like fungi and you'll love them all eventually

user posted image
VenOffline14 POSTS
And I won't be denied by you, The animal inside of you
sixteen
male
Sophomore
(closet) homosexual
pizza delivery guy
Members

[Jacob] Ivan would definitely bring Stolichnaya vodka over most of the time and share it with the other dads! Although on extremely special occasions, he does manage to get his hands on some Kaufmann vodka (a.k.a. one of the top-class vodkas in the world) to commemorate the momentous celebrations!

P.S. Yes Ivan will definitely applaud Mr. Han’s acknowledgment of vodka as an alternative salad. Ohh the dads will definitely get along when they’re piss-drunk! Tatiana on the other hand, would try her best to stop him from drinking—and singing—when he starts getting really smashed to all hell.

P.P.S. Cue Alex facepalming on the side with Jake when their parents start singing. Off-key. Which makes it not only funny but a thousand times worse because they bear witness to the insanity that breaks out once everyone starts singing bad karaoke LOL

[Mitsuo] Speaking of dads… I can totally see Alex’s dad (Ivan) challenging your dad (Monroe) to a drinking game, seeing who can get smashed faster. The question now is: can he even drink?! I had to, I couldn’t help myself, I just HAD to!

While Alex and Tatiana can only internally cringe at the drunken behavior the head of their family engages in once the alcohol starts flowing, I can see Tati talking with Naoko—and possibly asking for some nice Japanese recipes?! Because let’s face it, every mom’s bound to trade recipes for food at one point, especially in a community this small.

As for Alex and Mitsuo himself, well, I don’t know… maybe outside the school they actually talk to each other civilly despite being in different cliques???

user posted image
kimmyOffline100 POSTS
just a young gun with a short fuse, I was uptight, wanna let loose
fifteen
male
sophomore
bisexual
dojo assistant
Delinquent
Jacob Han
Sounds good jake hyung don’t forget to watch ur blood pressure. Mimi’s just here for MEAT & MISCHIEF.

alexei vasiliev & mimi
I MEAN I GUESS? Though I would assume the point is who can't get smashed faster since that would be a higher tolerance? Monroe would fucking laugh if Ivan got smashed after like 4 shots and he’s still going strong on a soft buzz like ‘I THOUGHT YOU WERE RUSSIAN WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE GAME???’ but yeah, Monroe likes drinking though rip the dads getting trashed. He might be the quiet one that’s purposefully slow so he can laugh at other people getting drunk though. HE’S GETTING DRUNK JUST MAYBE NOT EVERY NIGHT UNLESS PEOPLE CAN REALLY GOAD HIM INTO IT. Meanwhile Naoko Williams is sitting pretty with 3 bottles down and she’s not feeling anything. THE REAL PRO OF THE WILLIAMS FAMILY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

I don’t think Naoko would mind swapping simple recipes. She doesn’t cook often so it might just be like ‘this is how u make croquettes lmao’. She doesn’t get to cook often anymore cause both her and Monroe are businessmen/women WEEPS But she’s got a couple of things in store. Maybe they have a pot luck instead of just Korean bbq and she brings some and shares her recipes with Tatiana? I think it would be cute.

Mitsuo is p shitty on his own so I doubt there would be anything civil. Like maybe Alexei doesn’t care for clique boundaries, but Mitsuo is ride or die for them. Also they don’t really have anything in common to begin with? BUT ALSO He’s a piece of shit and just cause he sees him in a restaurant doesn’t mean he’s gonna be nice. I’d say feed him but also don’t?? Ever??? Like never ever feed him he will lock you into a perpetual cycle of extortion for food. He’s a gremlin don’t feed him after midnight. He's just gonna make things difficult for everyone involved sobs.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll