MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

JUN
SOFT REOPENING! all old members & invited members can start making characters! for what's new, read the announcement here!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
SCHOOL'S OUT - BUT CLIQUE RIVALRIES ARE STILL IN!

Add Reply
New Poll

I AIN'T NO SINGER, Tag: Teagan
NatalieOffline39 POSTS
Remember that night underneath the stars? For a minute, I thought the world was ours.
Fourteen
Male
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
Members
The weather was still relatively cold but that did not stop Keith from going off on his own to find a secluded corner in the school to have some time for himself. The rooftop was always a good place, although he found himself listening in on some public displays of affection going on, inclusive of lots of making out. He usually let himself linger there and when the couple realised they weren't alone, they usually felt rather embarrassed afterwards. Keith would always be looking away from them, his earphones plugged in, but that didn't mean the sound was on.

This time, there seemed to be nobody else but him and thus, he took the liberty to let himself loose just a little, singing along to a bop he recently discovered while looking for festive songs for Christmas. He hummed the first verse and the bridge of the song, his hand tapping lightly against his thigh while he remained seated on the ground.

"Don't you know that one way or another," he began singing softly before his volume steadily increased. "I'll be coming home for Christmas day—"

Little did he know, he wasn't the only one there.
TAGGED // teagan crowley
NOTES // Sorry this came late! This song is the one that he's singing! Jesse's his actual voice lmao

sundaeOffline137 POSTS
Always go too far, because that's where you'll find the truth.
male
senior
panrom - sapiosexual
student/radio host
Creative
FOLLOWING THE DREAM
There were a few places which were perfect to enjoy some time alone. Most of them were places off-limits depending on the circle. As soon as Teagan knew he wouldn't draw unnecessary attention, he headed towards the rooftop's stairs. Using a room would have been better. Maybe the one of the music club. Tea clicked his tongue. Someone could barge anytime there. Not exactly what he wanted by trying to keep his interactions at the bare minimum at school for the moment. Muffling a yawn with his hand, he picked up his pace and waited a few second behind the door before opening it with caution.

Nobody was around. Sure of that, he had settled for a spot he had found after examining the rooftop - a small corner between the guardrail and the wall which looked at first glance like a blind spot. Sat on the ground, he pulled a notebook out of his bag, a pencil and skimmed through the pages. Until a voice came from the rooftop. Refraining himself from making a noise, he listened to the song. If he could have kept quiet, a ringtone suddenly broke the air. He quickly put a hand in his pocket, pulled out his cellphone and hanged up on, before glancing in front of him. So much for being discreet. He grimaced, waited a minute - what if the other decided to leave? -, then moved enough for the other to see his face.

"Sorry? But don't mind me!" Maybe it was a little late for that. "I won't hinder your practice." A pause. "Is there another genre you like?" He was way too curious.

NatalieOffline39 POSTS
Remember that night underneath the stars? For a minute, I thought the world was ours.
Fourteen
Male
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
Members
The moment he heard the sound of a phone ringing break through the silence of the rooftop, Keith felt himself freezing on the spot; he had not expected anyone else but himself unless he had somehow overlooked it. The ringing was abruptly cut off and after a while, someone emerged from behind the wall.

It was as though he were staring a male model and for a moment, there was nothing but silence between them until the other boy made the first move by asking him a question, something that made Keith raise an eyebrow.

"Uh, RnB? I guess," the boy responded while scratching the back of his head, clearly caught in a dilemma of wanting to run away but knowing he couldn't, especially since leaving the other male behind seemed a little rude when they were still engaged in conversation. "What is it to you?"
TAGGED // teagan crowley
NOTES // Sorry this came late. I had a bad writer's block.
sundaeOffline137 POSTS
male
senior
panrom - sapiosexual
student/radio host
Creative
FOLLOWING THE DREAM
For a moment, Teagan felt awkward. Did he have something on his face, or on his clothes? He dusted his pullover absentmindedly. His hand stopped moving while he was waiting for the other high school student's reply. R'n'B. He nodded in silence. And lips closed, he thought about the songs he had learned. Some genres were still outside of his comfort zone, or more of his liking, like heavy or symphonic metal. The intro that came to his mind was quite old. Well, he could give a shot.

Teagan whistled the first notes of Return of the Mack, stopped. "This kind of songs or… less old?" He watched the other student's reaction, then smiled at the question. "Anything that sounds good to my ears and that can rearrange to play to the piano."

Some songs could also go straight away in his chill playlist, the one he listened to when he daydreamed or just took a nap.

After putting his belongings in his bag - his little work could wait until he went home -, he came closer to the teenager. "Have you written your own songs yet?" He was curious about this process, what could inspire someone - except for love and breakup -, and how a songwriter could approach music. "I'm assuming you may be interested in that, but…"

Keith Grayson | curiositea
NatalieOffline39 POSTS
Fourteen
Male
freshman
Heterosexual
Student
Members
"What's your definition of 'less old'?" Keith finds himself asking the silver-haired boy, feeling slightly annoyed at the implications of his question. He remembers to keep his temper in check but he can still feel it simmering underneath his calm words.

He knew he should have seen the next question coming and Keith starts to move back, prepared to hightail it out of here. The whole singing thing was kind of a personal thing to him and although he knew it was because he was generally shy about the entire thing, the silver-haired boy standing across him was not someone he was familiar with.

"Sorry, I think you've mistaken. I don't do music or anything of the sort," he pauses for a moment, quickly adds on, "I don't do songwriting either. It's not really my thing."

He jerks his head towards his skateboard, lying not too far from him. Keith would always be, first and foremost, a skateboarder. If anyone asked him, it was definitely his dream to become a professional skateboarder but he isn't sure whether turning into a career would take the joy out of skateboarding.
TAGGED // teagan crowley
NOTES // Here you go.
sundaeOffline137 POSTS
male
senior
panrom - sapiosexual
student/radio host
Creative
FOLLOWING THE DREAM
Somehow Teagan got the feeling despite his question the student knew the reply. Or at least could have a vague idea about it. But as minutes went by, something felt off. Even if he couldn't point out what or why, he could sense an invisible wall. Eyes set on the other teenager, he massaged the back of his neck and took the time to think about it carefully.

"If you're saying so…" Tea smiled faintly. "Sorry for having assumed the opposite." His reasoning resulted from a wishful thinking. It was wrong in some way. Pushing people to talk sounded wrong as well. Music was about fun, sharing, but some doubts clouded his mind.

"You should hide in one of the blind spots. Maybe you feel safer if you know someone can hear you, but can't see you." After a polite nod, he headed towards the door. He could still use the time left for studying at the library.

Keith Grayson | curiositea
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll