MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUL
JULY UPDATES are here! read the updates & check out all the gossip at the ridgeview herald!

JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
JOCKS ASSERT THEIR PRESENCE AT THE COUNTY FAIR!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

fading out the spring, ft. sherry
FLOSSOffline87 POSTS
settled into the glass half empty, made myself at home; just stopped believing in happy endings, harbors of my own
EIGHTEEN
MALE
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
Nerd

Her confirmation about the show was encouraging, prompting him to let out a little breath at not having missed the mark. "That's-," though he did have to pause again, realizing belatedly that without attending himself, he had little else to say on the matter. "... good."

Another social hurdle successfully blundered into, he glanced only a little quickly around, eyes seizing on anything nearby to subdue the awkwardness. It was rare enough that he carried a conversation this long with a stranger, schoolmate or not - not that he was shy, but one tended to run out of relatable topics when all they could think of was morphology.

The sunflowers, at least, seemed to work. "They, hm. It's... kind of complicated." He didn't doubt she'd be interested, or capable of following along, but a glance at the clock over the counter told him he couldn't subject her to any length of explanation that would satisfy them both. "Basically they're clusters of a lot of tiny flowers." Even saying that much invited questions, and he dithered for a second before listening somewhat gratefully to what Sherry had to offer instead. "Is... there a flower for each year, then?"

The associations of warmth and happiness were easily believable, even to him. Sunflowers were a common enough symbol, after all, though he remembered seeing some less common species as he'd walked in and wondered briefly after their corresponding meanings. One part of her trivia stood out more to him, prompting a follow-up: "Adoration, like." Shifting, he made an unsure gesture with one hand, trying to find a way to word his thoughts and fumbling toward one in due time. "They turn to follow the sun, so - that, but with a person?" If so, he could certainly see the connection, though it sounded sillier in his voice than in hers.

His phone chimed once in his pocket, indicating that he'd have to get going before the greenhouse shut completely down for the night. Pulling slightly away, he looked hesitantly at Sherry before making to pick up his clipboard. "Sorry. I have to get back for today. It... was nice to meet you."

ft. Sherry Belmont he'd ask to stay in touch but he doesN'T KNOW HOW

chimeOffline21 POSTS
Hold me close and hold me fast This magic spell you cast This is la vie en rose
Female
junior
bisexual
florist
Members
Clusters of tiny flowers? How amazing! It just piqued her interest even more. She'd never heard of plants having tinier clusters of flowers at their base before, and to know such a thing was nothing short of magical. She wanted to know more about it for sure. Maybe she'd read about it in one of her mother's books later on when she got home. It would make for some nice light reading before bed.

At his question she nodded. "Most flowers have more than one meaning, and for every year of marriage a different flower represents it" she explained, lacing her fingers together, content. Sherry absolutely loved weddings, and wedding dresses. She loved preparing bouquets and boutonnieres. She loved creating the decorations and helping set them up when they're done. Flowers have so many meanings to them, and Sherry liked to help bring joy on the most magical day of their lives. If her dream wasn't to be a fashion designer, there was no doubt in her mind that she would work hard towards owning her own flower shop.

Sherry watched as he pulled away, apologizing that he had to go. She waved off the apology with a smile, and thought for a moment. It really was wonderful to meet him. He had a different way of viewing flowers that interested her, and he was very sweet and a tad awkward. She could see herself becoming friends, well, so long as they kept in touch. School could be hectic, so there was no telling when they could meet up again, and the thought made her sad of being able to see him only when he happened to make deliveries to her shop and if she happened to be closing that night. That was way too many variables, and it definitely wasn't as definitive as she'd like. Maybe it would be a good idea to ask for his phone number? Oh, but wouldn't that be strange? They just met after all!

'I really want to stay in touch though...' she thought to herself, weighing her options carefully. This would be one of the first times she's done something like this, and her heart pounded, but Felix was wonderful, and she really wanted to be his friend.

Mustering up her courage, she pulled out her phone from under the counter and tapped in her code, opening it up to the contacts page and hitting 'new contact'.

"It was really wonderful to meet you too Felix. If... if it's not too much trouble... perhaps we could exchange numbers to keep in touch?" Her tone was colored with nerves and uncertainty, but she smiled anyways, because if anything, he would just say no, and she'd leave it at that, as sad as it would be. "I've never really met someone who knew so much... and I like talking to you... you don't have to of course! I just thought that maybe the offer would be presented?" She was nervous, this was obvious, and she tucked her hair behind her ear again, awaiting his answer.

felix florentiy
Notes: TEN YEARS LATE HERE YA GO
credits to xion of OOC
FLOSSOffline87 POSTS
settled into the glass half empty, made myself at home; just stopped believing in happy endings, harbors of my own
EIGHTEEN
MALE
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
Nerd

The variety of flowers that apparently represented the progression of marriage stymied him somewhat, considering the massive bias in the industry toward roses. He'd delivered his fair share of those particular flowers even in a year and a half of work, surely; though in the end he neglected to voice the sentiment, somewhat conscious of the implications it bore for someone who literally worked with ornamentals instead of simply ferrying them from place to place.

Sherry had a better grasp of creative potential than he did, clearly. He gave the work in progress on the counter another little glance, catching the details of its arrangement with a few darting movements of the eye. "I don't know how involved people are in their flowers, but." He shifted his weight, putting the words together somewhat carefully - "It's cool you can translate their messages like that. Must be a lot of knowledge involved."

The flat of his clipboard pressed against his side, he took another half-step back before hesitating at her words. "Oh." The offering of her phone was a better invitation than he could have come up with, despite the fact that he could have just easily done the same; after a beat he reached out, slipping the phone from her fingers with a brief brush of skin. "It's no trouble."

Her passing praise made him breathe a little chuckle, at least, as he tapped the digits of his number out and added his name to the appropriate field. "I'll warn you I ramble a lot more when I have the time to." Admittedly not every one of his acquaintances - well, perhaps close to none of them, really, were as interested in his chosen fixations; that Sherry could complement his interests with knowledge of her own was a welcome occurrence, though he still wasn't sure she'd welcome the near constant stream of information that ran through his head when he was near plants.

He could find out now, at least. Giving her phone back, he hesitated a moment before voicing the sentiment hovering in his head. "Thanks for - offering. I'd like to talk with you again too."

ft. Sherry Belmont social link established.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll