MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
COMING SOON
JAN 21 — NEW YEAR'S EVE BALL IS OVER! thanks everyone for participating and PM BEAR if your character did not get their award!

JAN 08 — NEW SKIN! as always, pm bear for bugs!

influence
FRINGES STARTING TO CATCH UP FROM WINNING THE SNOWDOWN SNOWBALL FIGHT!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

crossing skies, ft. kerina
FLOSS IS CURRENTLY Offline
settled into the glass half empty, made myself at home
EIGHTEEN
MALE
Nerd
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
63 POSTS

Post-applications meant a measure of relief, even for the most studious of the school's senior population. Winter swept steadily in with a subtly frosted lethargy: with the majority of university-level interactions over, the older students found themselves with a little more room to breathe, which at the end of the year came as no small gift.

Unfortunately, exams still loomed.

"Inverse trig." He pointed to the top half of Kerina's scratch paper with his pencil, eraser barely touching the page before he withdrew. "Saves you all that work."

Rather an understatement, considering she'd done the kind of math that led one to an intricate, yet thorough dead end. True to Felix's word, his own notebook's page was suspiciously neat toward the bottom, before he flipped to a fresh sheet and started the next question. The math came to him relatively quickly - integration as a review for calculating irregular volumes struck him as a handy opportunity for puzzle solving, as long as one had the time to fiddle with the problem a bit.

Not that inverse trigonometric functions were usually included in the equations they were required to visualize. He found himself distracted for a brief moment, adjusting thinly-rimmed glasses while gazing idly toward the shelves that composed the reference section. An inverse... wouldn't make a bad trick question on the exam, actually.

He straightened in his seat to make a note of the revelation, before glancing up to see his study mate wearing a rather familiar expression. "It won't solve itself if you glare at it like that, Keri." They sat along one wall of the library, partially obscured from the main area by shelves. But for a scattering of other students, the space was relatively empty, though out of even a sparse consideration Felix kept his voice at a low drone. "Want me to take a look?"

ft. kerina chevalier back to the start?!
auto IS CURRENTLY Offline
i don't really care if nobody else believes, 'cause i've still got a lot of fight left in me.
female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
if you disagree? you are not me, who made you king of anything? so you dare tell me who to be? who died and made you king of a n y t h i n g ?
despite being a remarkably hardworker, the foundation of kerina's 'hardwork' was never from the most positive standpoint. in fact, she probably wouldn't be all that interested if the subject wasn't one of the sciences. biology, to be more specific. nevertheless, she did all that she could to study for any and every school subject... even if she also had to work multiple jobs to feed herself. but that's fine, as long as she had enough anger and hatred to fuel her motivation. after all, her future of kicking her father off of his high horse depended on it.

today was like any other day. she had made plans to study with her ex-tutor, who was now a friend of sorts. or as close to a 'friend' as possible, given her prejudice and all. while they got along relatively well nowadays, to kerina, there was always a need to do better than felix. it was a habit that had stuck with her since freshman year, after that very first exam they had. sure, she was able to do much better now just by studying alone, but on this particular day, the seventeen-year-old was quick to lose her concentration moments into their session.

and as usual, felix was quick to draw attention to it.

"i was born with this face and this gaze," kerina corrected, her tone flat as she looked up to the boy before her. she stared dully at him, her expression the same as before, "no need to stroke your own ego with that attitude. i can solve these questions just fine." she looked back down to the numbers littered across her worksheet, and suddenly felt a surge of annoyance washing over her, "i was only spacing out."

except for the fact that she didn't usually 'space out.' she was always so focused whenever a task was given that she sometimes came off as an emotionless robot. until an asshole pissed her off, anyway. but, she wasn't quite able to keep up with her usual work ethic at the moment, and she knew exactly why. it was nearing the holidays, and both school and her part-time jobs were demanding more from her. it was definitely a good thing that she wasn't on a sport team in the winter season. she barely had the energy to think about anything other than studying and working.

... probably not a bad thing, considering a small study group tend to remind her of the last time she actually spent time with a certain elite.

"what did you get for number three?" kerina finally asked after a long sip from her water bottle, eyes scanning her calculations from the previous question she was on, "can i see it?"

gaze slid up to meet her friend's, "do you need some water or sugar, by any chance? i have another bottle and some chocolate in my bag." russet eyes blinked once as she then added, "or if you're cold, i have a hoodie as well. the usual one is okay, right?" was it concerning that she actually brought refreshments and articles of clothing specifically for her friends? to others, maybe, but it's not like kerina knew how else to go about with this 'friendship' thing. her experience with it had always been pitifully minimal, especially when said friend happened to be someone of the opposite sex.

EIGHTEEN
MALE
Nerd
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
63 POSTS

A few years' acquaintance had prepared him well enough to withstand her barbs, as she shot him a dry look. "Sure." He glanced back down, tone neutral as he scratched out a few more calculations. To say Kerina was rough around the edges was still a considerable understatement; he didn't mind it, though, quirking a faint and challenging grin before looking back down at his own work. "Your attitude won't fit on a crib sheet, so. Chop chop."

At her mention of spacing out, though, he paused briefly. Often schoolwork kept him in the clear instead of in a distanced haze; but he knew her sincerity grounded her too well for her to become distracted, at least in a broad sense. It wasn't necessarily his place to pry - he didn't pry if he could help it, honestly - but he did feel a warning prickle on the back of his neck, at the prospect of getting too far ahead in their review. He'd learned to pace himself when studying with her, especially after the final exam rush of their freshman year.

Question three was a safe enough question to answer, though, the answer still somewhat fresh in his mind. "Eighteen point seven..." He flipped back a page, eyes flitting to the figure circled a few lines down. "...two." Out of impulse he corrected the graph sketched next to it, darkening a line and observing the three-dimensional solid formed by the integral. "Looks like a flowerpot." With that rather predictable assessment he slid his notebook over, turning it for her to peruse.

Her offer didn't surprise him, considering the typical procedure of any interactions with her. "Water sounds good." He was dressed warmly enough for once, with a modestly weighted jacket to keep away the indoor chill of the school building. Much as he appreciated the occasional gesture of friendship from Kerina, he did retain his independence from her coddling - which he leveraged, now, giving her a particularly searching look before speaking up. "You seem distracted. Something on your mind?"

ft. kerina chevalier
i don't really care if nobody else believes, 'cause i've still got a lot of fight left in me.
female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
if you disagree? you are not me, who made you king of anything? so you dare tell me who to be? who died and made you king of a n y t h i n g ?
"i didn't realize i'd told a joke," said kerina as she stared blankly at the blonde and his ever-so-subtle grin, "and this isn't a race. you can work ahead if you don't wanna wait." only the content itself was a race. kind of. to her. one could say that it was like a personal goal of sorts.

a hand extended for his notebook as felix compared the drawing to something he probably looked at all the time. that was probably why he was making the connection. it's the only explanation for it because kerina could barely find herself agreeing with him. "no. it's a trapezoid prism." came her flat response, though her gaze was already scanning his work and comparing it with her own.

her other hand, however, was rummaging through her canvas backpack in search of her other water bottle, which she proceeded to give to felix once it was found. "don't be shy if you need anything else. i also have-"

eyes blinked, then flicked up to the other senior when his question came. a brow arched, "i was quite focused just now, with math on my mind." not that she didn't understand what he was asking. she did. she always did. usually. so, she added as she blinked again, "but if you meant to address my earlier spacing out issue, it's likely caused by school and work stress. my manager at the gas station penciled me in for more shifts. that i asked for. i've had very little sleep lately."

there was a momentary pause as she fixed something in her own calculations. her gaze returned to the blonde when she was done. "i may also have led someone on by accident. i don't know why i did it, nor do i know how to fix it. let me know if you wanna help psychoanalyze my actions, or if we should return to studying." she handed his notebook back to him along with a mini smarties box she had fished out. "take some chocolate too, just incase. i don't want you to pass out on me because your blood sugar's been low."

whatever everyone else said about her and felix being twins was wrong. she was clearly his second mother.

EIGHTEEN
MALE
Nerd
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
63 POSTS

He was rather sure that it was a race, if past experiences had taught him anything. "I'm in no rush." If anything Kerina likely had more of a reason to hurry than he did, what with how much her activities and obligations tended to pile up. He kept quiet regarding that for the moment, though, partly out of consideration for her focus and partly because he was trying to draw an arc just so.

"You're right." Relinquishing his notebook for her to consult, he accepted her spare water bottle in return and leaned back. "Rotate the original graph around the y-axis for number four, though." True to form the wording of question four asked for the volume of a differently formed solid, sketched quickly on the bottom margin of his page with a superfluous flower sticking out of it. Kerina wouldn't be herself without her literal analysis of the figures they were working with - she was correct in all senses, but that didn't stop Felix from reiterating his point, one brow raising slightly. "Flowerpot."

He occupied himself rather easily while she corrected her work, glancing out a nearby window at the ivy that curled over the railing. His fingers itched momentarily for his press, currently sitting underneath his bag by his feet; but ivy was common enough, and if he went climbing out the library window he suspected he'd raise too much alarm for it to be worth it.

"Work stress is understandable, given your schedule." The next look he shot her was slightly more focused, eyes flitting across the weariness hidden in her features. That she had asked for more shifts wasn't too much of a surprise, since he knew she had more than enough drive to do so. It didn't mean she was immune to exhaustion, of course, though telling her so was likely a fruitless endeavor. He tried anyway, keeping his tone mild as he reached out to accept his notes back. "Do try to get some rest, though. You'll break down at some point."

When he flipped his notebook back around there was a box of candies on it, as was Kerina's way. "I'll have you know my blood sugar's been fine lately." Between the constant supply of food in his home and his various classmates' near-coddling, he could really only blame his physique for his less-than-stellar performance in gym. What she'd said while handing him the smarties, though, piqued his interest - "Psychoanalysis is admittedly an interesting topic. You wanna find a book on it?"

Most assuredly not, given the exams they were studying for. Nevertheless he took a moment to prop his chin in one hand, pencil spinning idly in his other hand. "For starters, though, you can probably correct the behavior in person, unless you're feeling particularly secretive. Not knowing why you did it may indicate you were acting on an emotionally-seated impulse."

ft. kerina chevalier and how does that make you feel

female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
eyes blinked once when felix corrected her graph for the following question, "show off." just because he did already work ahead even before she mentioned so. then again, she was quite used to it.

however, when he went on to draw a flower sticking out of his 'flowerpot,' the corners of her mouth stretched. really? she could've sighed but, instead, she picked up the red pen near her own notebook. without a second's hesitation, she dotted the petals of his doodle. "flowerpot." she finally agreed with a faint snort.

at felix's advice of sorts, kerina merely stared back at him, "there's nothing i can do about it if the work outweighs the amount of time i have," said the brunette in a matter-of-fact tone. the most she did was power nap the moment she got home. fifteen minutes of shut eye could usually help her stay awake through the night, and the rest was caught up bit by bit over the weekend. "but thanks anyway." she still added as she turned back to her work briefly, putting a triangle next to question four so she could fix it later.

"better safe than sorry." shoulders shrugged ever-so-slightly as she briefly read the fifth question. gaze flicked back up to felix, nonetheless, at his suggestion of finding a psychology book, "that's one way to go about it, but, not particularly. no. the solution is on the tip of my tongue. i just can't put my finger on it." which was probably ironic since she was usually very self-aware. but relationships in general were never her forte, as they had the tendency to distract her from her goals. it was sometimes simpler to just... not care, altogether. and the truth was, she was almost convinced that she wouldn't have a problem living the rest of her life without any of her friends.

theoretically speaking.

"i don't see her in person," a brow arched, "and i've never been secretive." she wouldn't be having 90% of her arguments with anybody if she was. hell, she couldn't even keep other people's secrets for them, should another person so much as ask about it. but felix did manage to pinpoint the one word she had in mind.

"it was impulse." kerina frowned despite her agreement, "i had leftover change from getting candy grams, so i bought an extra one for piper pinch when i could've used it on something else." god knew just how stingy she actually could be with her spendings sometimes, and yet, there she was, "we stopped being friends. i'm not mad at her anymore, but it also means nothing to stay friendly. i was the one who told her that."

her frown deepened and her gaze remained focused on felix, "i was a hypocrite and broke my own promise." her tightened jaw shifted slightly, as did her grip around her own pencil, "even though there's no reason for it to be this fucking complicated."

EIGHTEEN
MALE
Nerd
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
63 POSTS

The addition of color to his doodle drew a brief smile onto his face, mirroring Kerina's reluctant amusement. "Now you've got it." They'd known each other long enough that he only blinked once when she stared at him, matching her gaze until she glanced back down at her work.

Mild indignation aside, he didn't hesitate to open the box, chocolates rattling gently as he shook a few into his open palm and ate them. "Sounds frustrating." Putting a voice to a particularly complicated thought was an understandable dilemma, though the closest he'd personally gotten to the feeling was when trying to remember genus names. For a self-administered quiz. That hadn't been for a grade. "Work toward it in degrees."

And she seemed to do just that, leading from his last comment into an apt analysis. He took the opportunity to eat a few more smarties while listening, adding a more properly-positioned leaf to his earlier doodle as well.

(The phyllotaxy was more appropriate this way, you see.)

News of Piper caused him to look up, expression tingeing slightly surprised. "Ah." Given the turbulence of Kerina's relationship with the elite as of late, "impulse" certainly struck as the right descriptor. Loathe as he was to meddle, it seemed decent enough to give advice considering she had started the conversation in the first place; so he hedged, almost hearing the sound of crackling ice underfoot as he did. "Impulse is... pardonable at times, in the name of holiday spirit. But I see the problem now."

"A broken promise is usually a sign the promise shouldn't have been made." He shifted slightly in his seat, folding the tabs of the smarties box closed to give his hands something to do. "In this case, if simplicity is preferable, then would you rather follow through with your impulse or reinforce the severance?"

ft. kerina chevalier friends: we know how to keep em

female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
kerina almost let out a sigh but instead, she exhaled somewhat deeper than usual, "i know. you can stop now." maybe it was unfair. for someone who continuously coddled her friends, the brunette didn't quite enjoy it when the same was done to her. then again, constantly being reminded that she had to rest made her feel like a child that didn't want to nap when told to.

sure, maybe she did have the habit of 'overworking' herself, as others would call it, but... she could afford to. she always had enough fuel, both mentally and physically. the only thing that she maybe lacked was sleep. minor sacrifices were necessary, though, when there were battles to be won. as if she was frail enough to get sick that easily; it was one of the few things she didn't have in common with felix.

"i'm still human," she agreed, despite the mild reluctance in her voice. she reached for and twisted open the water bottle on her side of the table. she took a large sip as the blonde spoke, taking her time to swish the water in her mouth before finally swallowing.

gaze slid down briefly to her notebook, "shouldn't have, but it was." corners of her mouth stretched into a thin line as she looked back to the other senior. she wasn't as unemotional as she would've liked to be, and she knew it. the fact was that kerina could often be just a bit reckless, mostly because anger was one of her only methods of dealing with others; quick to throw a threat, and even quicker to throw a punch. how did felix or any of her other friends even stand her, anyway?

still, she was who she was. it was fine as long as they knew and accepted her flaws, "i don't wanna lead her on, like i said. it was a mistake, but it's a mistake that can be fixed," brows furrowed slightly, "'if there's a will, there's a way,' right?" she flipped to a new page of her notebook, and suddenly began to sketch out a rough blueprint of the school campus.

"piper finch is usually here," she tapped her pencil at several of the classrooms, "here, and here," the gymnasium, "here, for dance practice," the cafeteria, "here, to socialize," then she pointed downward at the floor of the library, "and sometimes here, to study." at this, russet eyes flicked back up to felix, "i'll have to catch the event volunteer who has her candy grams before they deliver mine."

she blinked, though her gaze never faltered, "would you help?"

EIGHTEEN
MALE
Nerd
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
63 POSTS

Despite reputations they coddled each other fairly often, crossing cliques and expectations to dote ever so tactfully. He almost mirrored her in reaching for his own water, fingers spinning the cap a few extra times while he spoke before he lifted the bottle for a drink.

Kerina had a drive that he could admire easily, given the malaise he was prone to. Stilted manners aside, she moved with an energy that seemed bottomless, though after several years of acquaintance he could pick up the signs of exertion more quickly.

They were high schoolers, as well, which meant they existed in a constant exhaustion to begin with.

"Not a bad thing," he commented mildly, at her admission of humanity. "I'd be more concerned if you were entirely blasé to the dilemma." Her agitation over the candygram was appropriate, from what he'd heard so far.

Agitation was anything but a languid thing, of course; a spark of will entered her voice and Felix shifted, leaning an elbow carefully on his notes to get a view of her sketch. As the shape of the school grounds gradually formed on the page, he quirked an eyebrow at her curiously - then raised the other eyebrow when she explained, looking at her with an expression that could conceivably be called surprise.

"You are suggesting a caper." His voice was flat when he said it, chin nestled comfortably in his hand as he examined her blueprints again. In his other hand his pencil tapped twice against his scratch work, eraser bouncing gently off the neat rows of calculations.

... It was post-applications, after all. When he glanced back up at her he offered a thin smile, lifting and dropping a shoulder nonchalantly. "Sure would." Sitting up, he hooked the clip of his pencil onto his notes, before flipping the notebook shut entirely. "Finding out whether the delivery takes place during or after class would be helpful."

ft. kerina chevalier an odd case of senioritis indeed!

female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
he'd called it a 'dilemma,' to which kerina dipped a brow ever so slightly, "it shouldn't have been one," she said, more so to herself than to felix. the fact that it felt like a 'fuck up' instead of a 'whoopsie' was what was aggravating. life would certainly be a lot easier if she could go without human emotions in general. then again, she could say that they 'only slowed her down,' but where would she be without the anger to keep her alive?

she blinked back at felix, "y'got better ideas?" there was a small pause as though waiting for felix to come up with another solution... but she soon carried on, "then that's what i'm gonna do." stupid as it probably sounded. not to mention that there was nothing to guarantee their success. nevertheless, kerina was willing to take a chance. the most she was going to lose was time, which, in all actuality, was something she couldn't afford right now.

she also knew herself well, however, and was more than aware of the fact that overthinking the situation would only make her indecisive. so, the senior quickly chose to push the thought out of her head. gaze focused on felix again, "good." the faint curl of one corner of her mouth practically mirrored his, "thanks."

hearing felizx's suggestion, kerina switched back to her red pen. she began to circle and scribble on some of the campus areas, "i saw one of them in the office this morning. it was a girl with red hair. then there was a guy with blonde hair who went down the senior wing during biology," she circled a specific row of classrooms and hallway with a yellow pen, scribbling down 'early afternoon.' russet eyes flicked up to felix, "just an assumption. but i did hear him causing a ruckus on either side of the science room."

gaze still on her friend, the seventeen-year-old turned her notebook around and pushed it across to him, "do you remember seeing anyone?" she questioned, her own hands moving to her pencil case and dumping out a handful of colourful pens meant for her class notes. "here. you can use these."

then, thoughtfully, she reached for her phone near her water bottle, "should i-" she began with a slight frown. she was starting to feel indecisive again as she pondered over whether to ask florence or kevin if they recalled seeing any of the event volunteers. she was never one to worry if she would inconvenience others, mostly because she was usually independent and rarely needed anyone else's help. but she didn't really have a choice here, did she? besides, it was only a question. too late to be thinking about whether she was involving outsiders now, when she had just gotten felix to agree on helping. "i should."

without another word, she proceeded to text her two friends simultaneously.

EIGHTEEN
MALE
Nerd
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
63 POSTS

He caught her mutter easily enough, not looking up as he set the water bottle down and shrugged out of his coat. "Yes, yes. You've buttered your toast and it's under the bridge, so forth." Malaphor entirely intended, he folded the thin coat over the back of his chair, leaning aside to reach and straightening up with his usual neutral expression.

Ineffieciencies aside, the solution at hand seemed the best course of action. He nodded once as Kerina began to denote various sightings around campus, her pen scratching gently across the paper as the map began to color. Having avoided any student leadership positions of his own, it still made a good deal of sense; they were seniors, at least, which meant they'd had several years to observe how such deliveries were planned from the sidelines.

"Blocking the deliveries out by year and subject makes sense," he mused, recalling a girl with an armful of candy passing him earlier that week. He grabbed a green pen as it rolled by, clicking it once before adjusting his grip to make a note. "I saw someone in costume lapping school grounds Tuesday, after hours." After marking a thin line along the fields, he switched for the red pen, tapping its tip on the entrance to the counselors' offices. "Also a redhaired girl here. I overheard her saying deliveries go through clubs, then random searches once the classroom deliveries are done."

If they waited too long, of course, chances were that Piper would receive the candygram in class. He didn't share too many class periods with the elite, not that he'd find it easy at all to intercept a delivery on such little warning; he suspected the same of Kerina, though admittedly the other senior was capable of most things she put her mind to.

She seemed confident enough right now, for example, phone in hand. He left her to it, glancing idly out the window as he searched his memories for any other useful information.

Motion caught his eye and he stiffened, eyes focusing suddenly as he straightened. "Keri." He remained staring out the window, though his hand smacked inelegantly down onto the jumble of pens that had been poured out, before scraping them all together and (mostly) back into their bag.

Outside, a candy cane with legs trotted merrily toward the fields.

ft. kerina chevalier the best way to gather data is to CHASE IT

female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
as the blonde marked down more delivery paths, so did kerina, with a purple pen, "one of them was waiting in front of the girls' washroom yesterday," she said, her expression blank despite the mild look of disgust. she drew a box near the end of a hallway, "i mistook him for a peeping tom, and likely set him off-track by accident when i threatened him." sure, she generally didn't quite care about other people's drama or business, but predators ('predators,' in this case) were a whole different story.

with a blink, she extended the purple line to other parts of the school, "i chased him into one of the junior classrooms, then into the music room. he made one delivery in the former, and two in the latter. i lost track of him when he ran into the guys' washroom though." she circled yet another unsketched lavatory at the end of the same hallway, "so what we now know is that the redhead delivers to teachers, the blonde delivers to seniors, and the-"

the scribbling of her mental list paused when she heard her name. eyes flicked up to felix, but only to follow his gaze out of the window. jaw tightened, as she turned to check the time on her phone, "4:45 pm." her other hand swiped all the rest of her stuff into her schoolbag. taking her pencil case back from felix, she suddenly paused again, "you should stay here. mr. wolfgang müller prolly left already, so i can't take you to the nurse's office if you pass out."

she zipped her bag and snatched up her notebook, running to the exit of the library... though frowned when another thought came to her. hurriedly, she dialed felix's number on her phone, "i'm gonna cut through the tennis courts. can you get there from the other side? it's closer if you take the baseball field." kerina said loudly the moment the phone was answered, "if you can get there in five, we'll be able to tag-team him. but if y'might faint, then forget i said anything." then, without waiting another beat, she ended the call.

now inside an empty classroom, she opened the biggest window available and climbed onto a sturdy tree branch. inhaling sharply, she flung herself forward to the chain link fence of the tennis courts. there was no time to check whether the door was locked. plus it probably was, anyway.

EIGHTEEN
MALE
Nerd
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
63 POSTS

"Incredibly ill-planned," he commented on the observation of the student at the washroom, setting his pen down and smoothing a corner of the map with his fingers. "Though his diligence is commendable." With the sketch considerably more colorful than a few minutes ago, he settled his chin on the back of one hand to look it over, before turning to the window.

Her confirmation of the time drew a short nod from Felix, as he leaned closer to the glass to observe. "They're still making deliveries." The bag swinging from the student's elbow was clearly still full, though as he turned to report that Kerina had already swept their table nearly clean.

"- if you pass out -,"

"Hey," he protested very mildly, before Kerina was out of her seat and gone through the library's doors. Loathe to simply sit and wait, he turned to pack his things as well, shoving notebook and water bottle into his bag before bundling his coat unceremoniously on top and zipping the entire affair shut.

The red pen caught his eye, scattered to the edge of the table in their rush. He slipped it into a side pocket while digging his phone out, managing to answer while looping the strap of his press over his head. "I can move around campus without qualifying for organ donation, you know." Slinging his bag around, he took the library's front entrance out, finding the stairs and levering himself out an exit onto the grounds. "Stay on the-,"

And she hung up. He didn't spare the time to think on it, moving for the baseball field at his equivalent of a run. Thankfully he kept a light kit aside from the press, so he made it in short time -

"Hey, watch it!"

Less thankfully, practice was in session.

When he did arrive, he spent a respectable second wheezing faintly against a wall, peeking around the corner once his breath was back. The bobbing figure of the candygram student came into view, meandering rather peaceably onward; glancing aside, Felix caught a glimpse of Kerina as well, then pressed back against the bricks to dial her number.

"Five minutes," he said upon pickup. "Now what?"

ft. kerina chevalier dodging baseballs: the highlight of his athletic career.

female
Loner
senior
demiromantic asexual
part-timer
65 POSTS
who cares
it was practically a mad dash after she jumped off the fence on the other side of the tennis courts. the fields were soon in clear sight, though her phone began to buzz before she could chase after the dancing candy cane. eyes narrowed slightly upon seeing the name on the screen. did he want a plan of some sort?

as she answered the call, her gaze darted around the open space in search of her 'partner-in-crime,' "y'remember playing football in phys ed?" well, he should anyway, because the girls were scheduled to play soccer instead; one of the best gender discrimination examples in kerina's mind, really, "it's like that, but with an emphasis on tackling."

drawing in a sharp, deep breath, the seventeen-year-old locked her gaze on the obliviously volunteer, looking much like a bull that was ready to attack the bullfighter, "slow them down once they get close to you. i'll do the actual assault," her lips stretched thin as adrenaline pumped rapidly through her veins, "try not to chicken out." at this, kerina hung up again.

if nothing else, she at least had enough confidence in her running abilities; she wasn't on the cross-country team for nothing, after all. not to mention the fact that she also had a water bottle as a backup plan. jaw tightened, she picked up her pace and silently charged forward. a few of the students scattered around the fields took notice, and the array of reactions caused the volunteer to glance over their shoulder. they seemed to flinch, though frantically picked up their running pace as well, hoping to shake loose of kerina's biting persistence.

EIGHTEEN
MALE
Nerd
SENIOR
PANROMANTIC
GREENHOUSE TECH
63 POSTS

He had time enough for a wry twist of his lips, shoulder bumping against the wall as he settled his weight. "I remember attempting to play." Phys ed was an endurance challenge more than anything else, in a mental as well as physical sense. What energy he had was better spent making field collections - or helping a friend chase down a festively dressed student volunteer, apparently.

He chanced another look around the corner as the volunteer drew close, eyes flicking from their cheerful costume to Kerina's distant figure. "Looks like you have about ten seconds."

Her final command had him snorting in amusement, though he shoved his phone into a pocket without complaint and crouched to sling his press to the ground. Leaned against the wall, the press was inconspicuous enough to leave for a few minutes, though his bag stayed on his back as he straightened.

Three seconds later he darted out of cover, striking a casual jog for another two seconds before he crossed the volunteer's path. Distracted by the sight of Kerina approaching, the hapless candy cane noticed too late, facing forward only in time to yelp before running straight into Felix.

He was better at being tackled, if phys ed had taught him anything. Even considering how he'd accounted for it, he was bowled over easily enough, one leg tangling with the other student's given the angle they'd collided at. Given their rush, the volunteer all but scrabbled to stay upright, arms windmilling wildly as they struggled free of the tangle and staggered a few steps onward.

It was enough for Kerina, at least, who arrived in the next instant in a blur of motion. As the candygram deliverer squawked in distress, Felix contented himself with rolling away from the site of impact, mindful of any flailing feet but otherwise unable to stop a shower of loose candies from scattering over his head and shoulders.

ft. kerina chevalier a time honored tactic.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll