MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

JUN
SOFT REOPENING! all old members & invited members can start making characters! for what's new, read the announcement here!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
SCHOOL'S OUT - BUT CLIQUE RIVALRIES ARE STILL IN!

Add Reply
New Poll

HOW LONG?, FT. MARINA
nikola de la reynikola de la rey
0 POSTS
YOU'RE TG4M BUT I WANT YOU ANYWAY.
Let's get one thing fuckin' straightened out.

Nikola is not here because he wants to be. It's not like he particularly longs for the sticky, nauseating smell of chlorine to cling to his clothes. ( It is not as though the smell of weed or cigarette smoke is all the more pleasant, but it's preferred in comparison to the omnipresent scent of sea salt and chlorine in crap shack that is his house. ) It is even less likely that he intends on taking a dip when it's fucking December and there's no real reason to go swimming unless you're one of the stupid fuckin' de la Reys, then you might as well slap on a wetsuit and call yourself a penguin because it's happening.

He is not here because he wants to be.

The teen leans forward on the handles of his bike, staring idly past the chain-link fence. He can still hear the water moving beneath the presumably freshly-drawn pool cover and the faint sound of girlish giggles, to which he can only provide an annoyed roll of the eyes. What a fuckin' pain. It's not like he has better things to do, but sure. Let her take all the fuckin' time in the world to change and whatever. It's not like he's freezing his fuckin' balls off or anything. Leg bounces impatiently against the pedal, his worn sneaker pushing back against the concrete to keep him steady.

He's not here because he wants to be because if he wanted to be here, then he would have picked up something warm to keep his sister's temperature from plummeting when she left the locker room for the chilled winter air. He's not here because he wants to be because if he wanted to be here, he would have brought an extra jacket or two just to make sure she doesn't get sick. He's not here because he wants to be.

When the doors open at last and the swim team wades past him, Niko lifts his head and shakes loose the snow that found its place in his hair. "Took you long enough, fuckface. Let's go home already."

marina de la rey! he worries sometimes about her ( but that'll ruin his punk rock vibe ).

LETO
bearOffline102 POSTS
running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, i wanna be your left-hand man
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Members
marina may or may not be feeling sentimental. it’s her last season of swimming at ridgeview, sure. the team might have reclaimed their regional champs status, sure. they’re about to go to state playoffs in a couple weeks, sure.

but goddamn it, this wasn’t going to be the end. marina watches her team leave as she packs up the last of her things, the last one out the door as usual. “all right, see you later, bro!” she nods at the second-youngest de la rey sibling as he waves at her and hops off into the night, something about meeting his friends on his lips. the nice thing about her younger brothers was that they were self-sufficient.

"Took you long enough, fuckface. Let's go home already."

well, maybe one of them. marina laughs and reaches out a hand to brush out the remaining snowflakes, pleasantly surprised.

“nice to see you too, nicky.” she laughs and places a warm, familiar hand on his back, and then promptly pushes him back into the december cold. “you know you don’t have to wait for me.”

the gesture is a little out of the blue, too – nikola hasn’t really been to any swim practices or meets ever since he stopped being on the team.

“how was school today?”

the streets of persuasion are plated with gold, the gates open wide, here comes the rising tide
0 POSTS
He's thankful that at least one of the many fucking de la Reys in this fuckin' town is no where to be found.

There was a part of him that had doubted his barely older brother when he had said that he was going to go off and hang out with his friends tonight. He ought to come out and say hi or hang around so that he could take Marina home. She's a girl and whatever, so like: the widdlest — his brother could fuckin' choke — de la Rey should make sure their most cherished fuckin' sister gets home safely. What fuckin' bullshit. As if anyone could even take their sister without a fight. Nikola briefly recalls when they were younger and she damn near made him pass out.

"Ugh, don't make this gross." He grumbles, leaning backwards to avoid her touching his hair and opting to shake loose the snow himself.

The fight is lacking in his tone though he still resists the push out of habit. He looks over his shoulder at her, glancing at her probably still damp, pink hair ( why pink, he still will never understand ) before shrugging off his outermost jacket and tossing it in her direction. He gestures to his head, then gently pats the seat of his shitty fuckin' bike.

He'd walk her bitch ass home, but she'd probably bust a hammy or somethin' if she didn't take a break once and a while. ( He briefly considers that he should have just grabbed his parents' car keys and drove here, but he probably couldn't promise that they'd get back in one piece. Or that Marina would let him drive at all. ) And then Ma would get on his ass about 'oh look, my poor baby! How could little Nicky do this to his poor sister?' or something. Or well, maybe she wouldn't but Brother #5 probably would. S'probably why he told him anythin' at all about how he was fuckin' his — mm, nevermind.

"I wasn't waitin' for you." He adds a bit miserably, though he snorts at her next question.

"How d'you think it was? It's school, so y'know. It was a fuckin' joy, Rina."

marina de la rey!

LETO
bearOffline102 POSTS
running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, i wanna be your left-hand man
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Members
gross??” marina feigns offense, puts her fingers on her chest and pouts. “what’s gross about enjoying spending time with her baby brother?” she grins, teasing nikola lightly. she knows he doesn’t like being called the baby. even though he totally is.

“yeah?” she ribs back, “waitin’ for your lil’ big bro, not me?” marina has no idea where that guy gets to, these days. he’s a bit more popular than either of his two siblings that still attend high school, so it’s no wonder that they never see him. honestly, they’ve had enough of each other growing up anyway, marina figures it’s good for him to have some space now.

marina reaches out and catches niko’s jacket when it’s thrown to her, pausing for a split-second out of surprise. “mom and dad force you out here, huh?” she teases.

still, she puts it on – it’s winter, and she’s still wet from the pool. but marina knows her mom and dad would never - could never – make her younger brother do anything he doesn’t want to do.

she does have some sense of dignity as the older sibling, though. marina raises an eye at nikola’s bike and grabs the handlebars, starting the walk. “really? did ya piss off another teach?” she snorts, shaking her head. “you’re lucky mom and dad got six other kids and they don’t have time to read all their emails.”

marina laughs, a full-throat laugh that removes some of the edge, moving onto another topic without weighing in too much. “how did your biology presentation go?”

the streets of persuasion are plated with gold, the gates open wide, here comes the rising tide
0 POSTS
The look of absolute disgust on his face says it all.

He wasn't so averse to spending time with her. He'll admit that much. Though, he gestures at her entirety after allowing his bike to lean against his hip. "That right there? Gross." Arguably, she was the most tolerable of their many, many siblings but it was shit like this that made him regret doing anything for her in the first place.

"Ugh, why would I wait for him? We share a fuckin' room." Such was the way when there were like. Eight people crammed into one house. People didn't build any kinda normal house for a family of eight people without someone having to share a room. "The less I see of him, the better."

He only offers a noncommital shrug at the next question.

After his last nightly escapade, he doubts they were happy with cutting him loose. "Yeah," He begins. "Not like they'd let me out for anythin' else after what happened last time." He was, predictably, grounded. And his kids. and his kids' kids. They looked entirely too happy when he explained where he was going to, though he doubts they might have actually believed him after the fact.

But no, they didn't force him out. When was the last time he ever actually listened? She doesn't need to know that though.

Only when she has the jacket on does Nikola start the trek back home, only looking over at his sister briefly when she spoke. "When do I not piss off my teachers, Rina?" Pride lingers in his voice, the teen smiling a little too widely. for it to be perfectly normal. "I'm pretty convinced they don't really know how to use the internet still. Dad looked like a dumbass tryin' to open his notifications on his phone." He laughs, though the tentatively good mood falls apart at the mention of his presentations and actual classwork.

Hands grip the handlebars a little tighter, knuckles white as he trudges on a little faster. "Went about as well as anything else I do." The answer is vague, but the anger is barely concealed. He tried. He really, really tried on that presentation and it didn't even fucking matter. There was precious little he finds that he is good at. He thought he was good at this but of course he finds a way to be such an incorrigble fuck up that it didn't even matter. "They cut my slides out of the presentation." He says a little quieter this time. "Didn't get to say a damn thing. Probably better for their fuckin' grades or whatever."

marina de la rey!

LETO
bearOffline102 POSTS
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Members
marina’s laughter in response to nikola’s feigned disgust with his siblings quickly dies away when he mentions the last time he’d gotten into trouble.

nikola, in honesty, wasn’t the first de la rey to get into trouble with the law, but mom and dad didn’t quite like to be reminded of that fact. and, well, marina had to suppose it also might have something to do with being the youngest. she couldn’t say she liked seeing her baby brother get up to no good, either.

“I’m surprised they let you out of the house at all,” she teased, “when luka got arrested for underage drinking, he was practically homeschooled for a month.”

she lets it drop when niko does, though. he doesn’t need his big sis tellin’ him off when he’s got so many adults that do that already.

hands steady on the bike handlebars, marina snorts. “you’re lucky you’re the youngest and there aren’t gonna be any more de la reys goin’ thru the peachtree school system with your rep breathin’ down their backs.” for all that their older brothers have left them, at least it’s a positive reputation around the school.

she gets quiet when niko lets what really happened today drop. marina bites her lip and looks down at her brother, who’s staring intently at the road.

“oh.” she finally says, after they’ve made it further down the road and niko doesn’t seem to be offering anything more to say. “what assholes.”

she pauses a little bit, but honestly marina’s never been great at consoling her friends, much less when that friend is your little brother. “sometimes… people do things because they’re jerks, or they don’t like you for whatever reason, but that doesn’t mean you weren’t doing a good job anyway. I bet if it were a solo presentation, you would’ve killed it.”

marina tries to offer a smile, and raises a hand to slap niko on the back. “I think you’d be good at public speaking. you’re the most fearless, reckless, dumbass kid I know.”

0 POSTS
Ava didn't know shit about him.

It's the thought that occurs next as he thinks back on that night. Jaw clenches, his grip on the handlebars tightening further. The release of the handle presses painfully into the soft of his palm, She shot off at the mouth, slamming her baby doll hands on the wall to try and scare him. Precious little baby boy couldn't amount to shit, she chided. So, he acted big. Acted like he was some kinda big shot, but he ain't shit. Fuckin' whore didn't know jack shit about him and she didn't know jack shit about his family because hah. He wasn't the first criminal in the de la Rey family either.

So, this definitely wasn't about him wanting to be special or some shit.

Sometimes, people could just fuckin' be the worst and people just had to accept that there was no deeper fuckin' meaning than that. "Yeah." He replies, delayed. What the fuck ever. Yeah, like he gave an actual shit about Luka. It was his fault for being so fucking stupid that he couldn't hide or whatever when the cops came busting in. His body relaxes a margin. "S'cause I only got busted for fighting some fuckin' slut, not 'cause I was destroyin' my kidneys." Or was it liver? He wasn't doing great in Biology, obviously.

The dig at his behavior knots itself between his shoulders or the neat crease in his forehead. "Yeah," He laughs, a cheeky grin spreading across his features as he makes his way towards the house. "I'd feel bad for whoever follows me. But," He hears it in the back of his head because he knows he shouldn't say it. He shouldn't say it but his mouth acts before his brain can catch up. He shouldn't say it. "At least they wouldn't have to follow up behind town alcoholic-in-training and the fuckin' tr—" Teeth bite down on tongue and he tastes blood as he barely catches the slur about to pass his lips. "—bitch."

He exhales in a puff of smoke.

Her feeble attempt to comfort burns because he knows she means well. She tries to understand. She tries, she tries, but there is still the cruelest whisper inside of him that says she isn't trying hard enough. She doesn't fucking get it. She's just saying that shit. She's just saying it so he'll feel better an' so he doesn't cry like a fuckin' baby over his poor grade. She doesn't actually mean it. She's doing the same fuckin' thing that their parents always do. Looking at him with those sad eyes because oh, how sad it is that their youngest is so fuckin' broken that he can't keep it together for two fucking seconds.

Poor baby.

Sometimes ... people do things because they’re jerks. Yeah, he knows. He was one! Thanks for the fucking newsflash, Rina! Literally everyone knows that! I bet if it were a solo presentation, you would’ve killed it. What a fucking liar. She's such a fucking bitch. Of course she says this shit because she knows she would have done a better job. She probably did do a better job when she took the same fucking class. Oh wait, that's right. She didn't have to take the biology for dummies course because wasn't she just so fucking special. I think you’d be good at public speaking. You’re the most fearless, reckless, dumbass kid I know. Shut up, shut up, shut up shut up shut ups hutupshutupshutupshutupshutup—

"Shut the fuck up, Marina! Cut the bullshit, you fucking cunt!"

He twists his body away from her grasp. Nikola shoots her an angry look, the crease of his lips stained a brilliant scarlet. ( She didn't do anything wrong, she didn't do anything wrong, she didn't do anything wrong — so, why are you so angry? ) "I don't need your fuckin' pity." Must be nice to be the smart kid, right? Must be real cool to be the star athlete and say such polite niceties to her fuck up little brother. Stupid, jackass, fuckin' worthless piece of shit — FUCK.

marina de la rey! pardon him, he's having a Moment™.

LETO
bearOffline102 POSTS
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Members
it hurts.

watching nikola make mistakes and do dumb shit hurts, and it hurts still when her baby brother, her babiest brother, pushes her away like he does the rest of his goddamn family. she’s quiet throughout his tirade, frowning lightly and disappointedly when he mentions his run-ins with the law.

jeez, mom and pop really hadn’t been happy that day. she’d never really talked about it with him, either – what was she supposed to say? he’d already heard it all from their parents. and for once, marina was on their side.

she steps back and stops along the road for a second, hurt flashing across her face, when nikola outright rejects her touch.

marina’s mouth turns into a thin, hard line, and she looks at him for a second, expression unreadable.

as much as he tries to reject it, he’s a de la rey through a through. tempestuous and constantly-stifled. maybe it’s worse, being the youngest, but marina doesn’t think any of the brothers enjoys having six others. it’s hard finding attention and even identity in a house of nine.

with two hands on the bike handles, marina starts to move again, deliberately looking forward along the path and not at nikola. she has a feeling he wouldn’t appreciate that.

“sounds like the only one throwing any pity around is you.” her tone isn’t exactly lighthearted, but it’s not upset or angry, either. it’s just… hard. sad.

0 POSTS
Wow, adorable. She thinks sounding like super condescending to him makes it any better.

The only one here throwing a pity party is you, haha. Like grow the fuck up, Karen. We can't all be neurotypical. Throwing a pity party, no fuck off. It isn't like he does this on purpose. It's not like he enjoys it. Who the fuck would enjoy it? Who likes being told, constantly, by everyone that he's totally fucking useless and a fucking idiot and he doesn't need to hear it from her that he's fucking pathetic because newsflash! He already knows!

He knows, he knows, he knows! ISN'T IT JUST FUCKING SPECTACULAR.

And he takes a deep breath. Not because it calms him but because he still wants to keep yelling and he knows he does, but he has to take Marina home. He has to be at least semi-functioning by the time he gets home or they're going to yell at him again because why is he like this? Damn, he has no fucking idea. It's not like it has anything to do with his siblings. There's too fucking many of them, but that's not why. It's never totally why. It's just a part of it.

He's just the only one who couldn't figure it out. Couldn't cope with it because isn't it just peachy that his life is constantly in fucking shambles and he's always fucking compared to the great de la Rey legacy every fucking where he goes in this pissfuck town.

He doesn't register it, really, when Marina keeps walking and Nikola's let go because he doesn't know what to say or do. He's just angry and he doesn't mean to be angry with her because it's not her fault. She was just trying, he knows. She's just trying like everyone always fucking does for him and he always loses it because he doesn't know if they just feel bad for him or if it's because he's disappointed them so many times that they don't know what to expect other than just him being angry and!

Another deep breath and he swallows the anger and profanities hard.

"You," A pause. No, she won't understand. No one understands what it's like to live inside of his fucking head and being so angry it just. "Just go home. I'm sorry I even came fucking out here."

marina de la rey! why did i write so much again, i wonder.

LETO
bearOffline102 POSTS
female
senior
bisexual
swimmer
Members
it hurts.

on some level, marina knows nikola isn’t mad at her. he’s just… mad, generally. even when they were little, when marina would push back and they’d just squabble on and on forever. she grew out of it, just like most of her brothers.

but she and nikola, they were never on truly bad terms, once things have calmed down and they’re both rational.

marina doesn’t really understand it. she’s more or less always been in control of her own feelings, thoughts, and dreams. it’s painfully difficult for her to understand how nikola can be trying so hard yet still be so… unstable at the same time. marina knows he’s trying. he’s trying so hard not be so mad.

it just.. doesn’t feel like it, sometimes.

"You,"

the senior sighs when she hears her baby brother speak again. she pauses in her tracks and waits from him to finish, digesting the words, before turning around and walking back. clearly, he wasn’t going to move.

“hey.” she sets down the bike gently and raises her arms, open chest facing nikola. “punch me.”

marina raises an eyebrow. “c’mon, I can take it. you’re mad, right? mad at me? I can take it.” she repeats. he’s still her little brother, after all. “but I’m not going home alone.”

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll