MISFITS
a high school cliques rp
JUN
PUBLIC REOPENING is a go! welcome to misfits, for old members and new ones alike!

JUN
SOFT REOPENING! all old members & invited members can start making characters! for what's new, read the announcement here!

SUMMER '18
STAFF
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
INFLUENCE
SCHOOL'S OUT - BUT CLIQUE RIVALRIES ARE STILL IN!

Add Reply
New Poll

lost stars, ft. open
appleOffline34 POSTS
hope you'll find every word i wrote on these paper planes scattered in the air
sixteen
female
junior
heterosexual
student
Jock
hands down, the county fair had to be the biggest event for edie and for one simple reason: funnel cake. it was only during the summer months that she ever indulged in such a treat because it was only during this time of year that it tasted the best. currently, she was holding a record for 6 in a row - not a small task considering just how large they actually made them. the plus side was that she wasn't about all that fruity syrup nonsense. no, she was just here for the pure, unfiltered, sugar and it was magic.

granted, this was her monthly wages going headfirst into the beaches of california but she couldn't care less. it had been a hard end semester, the pressure of succeeding as her parents hoped she would were a lot stronger as the months went on. none of that matter though, not now anyway. not while games stretched along the sidewalks, rides were placed on every open patch of land, nor when vendors called out their best deals around you. it made sense to forget all your worries by eating and spending money.

edie discarded her latest paper plate, a nauseous feeling beginning to take over. ok, so maybe the last one hadn't been the best idea, but whatever. she'd suffered through worse. taking a lengthy walk around the bend, it was the ferris wheel, towering like a mountain, that began to lure her in again. she was on it within minutes, the metal bar clamped down securely above her lap. as they began to move, it was the view of peachtree that had her in awe. edie love her hometown, a sentiment that not a lot of people shared with her. she enjoyed the small town feel, the community she'd always known. the county fair continually brought her back to the days of her childhood, nostalgic memories settling into her mind.

quickly broken by the screeching, awful sound of metal against metal. "oh hell no," edie closed her eyes, a sudden disdain for the peachtree county fair taking hold. "did we," she paused, fingers moving in the air, "just get stuck at the top of a ferris wheel?" it was more a question for herself than the person sitting next to her but an answer would be appreciated nonetheless as berlin serenaded them in the background.

@open
butterOffline85 POSTS
misses boombasic, hit that bass
female
senior
hetero
local retail associate
Fringe

just sofancy

will it ever the sameagain

Summer time! It was the best, away from school and all the drama. Okay well, she’ll be the first to admit that she does enjoy some drama. But the crap that went down toward the end of the year...man - she was done with that. Trinity was missing her friends though; with her work schedule these days, she never really saw them. Sure, they would text each other - snapchat was the new big thing for her these days. I mean come ON, those filters!

Tonight though, was time to venture out and have fun. Her parents were on a cruise, so it was just the two of them. She had a new companion, a small mutt who resembled a border collie and beagle - if that was possible. Rango was a good dog, and attached to her hip. So when he noticed her running around, trying on outfit after outfit, he knew she was up to something. After Trinity had settled on a pink chiffon dress, sleeveless, and sandals that wrapped up her calves with satin ribbon, she threw her long silver hair up into a bun and grabbed her keys.

Ah, that was the signal.

Rango was at the door, his fluffy tag wagging and semi floppy ears perking in excitement. Trinity sighed and shook her head. “You aren’t coming, fool.” In response he tilted his head and moved out of the way as she shimmied past him. Blowing him a kiss, she trotted off to her vintage mustang - but the bay that came from the house stopped her mid-step. One, two, three, four… Ah - he silenced. Not feeling too guilty anymore, she hopped in the beast and headed towards the fairgrounds.

After she’d arrived, her first stop was for cotton candy. Not surprised, she noticed quite a few students ambling about. New couples? Probably just a summer thing. Chomping down on the sugary goodness, her eyes scanned the various attractions. In almost animated style, the light hit her eyes just right to look like they were stars. The ferris wheel…

Okay well, one thing she has always been afraid of was heights, yet there was something about ferris wheels that she could manage. By the time she’d made it over, she noted a younger childhood friend about to get on. Instead of calling out, she raced over and slipped into the seat beside her. She didn’t say anything at first, because she expected to be recognized. Oh, wait - she had dyed her hair silver. After she swallowed another sugary bite, she poked her friend in the shoulder.

“Keekee! Long time no see kid!” Ah Trinity and nicknames - a bad habit she had picked up from Dean. It was then that she felt things come to a halt. She blinked a couple times and looked down. Bad idea. There was clearly something wrong with the ferris wheel, because quite a few adults were already gathering to inspect the element. Her hands began to sweat as her grip tightened on the old metal rail that held the duo in place.

“Yes. Y-Yes. I t-think that’s w-what h-happened…” Her voice was shaky. For once - Trinity was actually scared.

appleOffline34 POSTS
sixteen
female
junior
heterosexual
student
Jock
normally edie would be jumping for joy at seeing an old friend, especially someone that she only saw every once in a while. all she could do in that moment was nod slowly, knowing full well that any fast movements would just land then on the other side of their seats. at least that was scenario that was playing in her head. "heeeeey," she said, attempting to bump their shoulders. she turned towards trinity, already prepared to rationalize everything, "definitely didn't think we'd see each other again in this situation!"

"i swore this only happened in the movies, like a rom-com or something," she kept picturing those scenes where one person would be stuck high in the sky, someone of interest calling to them from below, announcing to the entire festival how much they loved them. edie looked down, eyes scanning for the crowd for anyone of possibility. maybe they had been mesmerized by the glow of her hair against the sinking sun. no, not a soul was staring up with love hearts, just absolute gazes of terror.

nice.

"i'm sure we'll get down soon enough though," she continued, there was no way they were working on a decent plan, "in the mean time, how ya doin'?" a silly question in retrospect, but anything to take their minds off of the predicament at hand, "life treating you well?" below them, a group of people began to gather, and she shook her head. "i swear, even in a crisis they'll gather like ants to a picnic, as my mom likes to say." no matter what it was, peachtree was always keen on getting the scoop first hand.

trinity watson
butterOffline85 POSTS
misses boombasic, hit that bass
female
senior
hetero
local retail associate
Fringe

just sofancy

will it ever the sameagain

Focus on something besides the height, Tits, you can do it… With that in mind, she closed her eyes and began to think about puppies and kittens….but those puppies and kittens were soon erased by a jolt. “Dude, I feel ya. Like, seeing you at the fair - one thing, but this wanna-be romcom bullshit...” Opening one eye, she carefully looked over the edge and noted the crowd that was forming. Quite a few were from the school - adults and kids alike.

Great, this would probably become a nice little story to spread around town. Exhaling slowly, she trained her eyes on Meredith, who seemed more composed than Trinity was. “Heh, hopefully they’ll figure somethin’ out.” For the moment, thoughts of terror passed away and once again she was reminded that she was in the company of a friend. That eased her - a little. “I’ve been OK I guess, apprenticing at a beauty salon right now. What about you?”

KeeKee stop lookin’ doooown, she meant to say but thought instead. Another jolt, and then the light bulbs that lit the ferris wheel popped off. “It’s fine everyone, seems to be an electrical issue!” Trinity vaguely caught the man’s voice. That was good news, but it didn’t help her nerves out at all. Snuggling as close as she could to her friend, she closed her eyes and tried to think of better times, but damn was it hard.

appleOffline34 POSTS
sixteen
female
junior
heterosexual
student
Jock
"d'you think we'll have some handsome savior declare his love for us? preferably two but i'm afraid that might tip us over." if it came down to it, she'd let titty have him. she just wanted to feel like she wasn't rocking about the universe suspended in a soap bubble.

"i can only applaud them for this choice of song," she focused on the lyrics, voice growing louder as the music did, and she wondered if they too were trying to distract them. "you would think they'd have a solution in place as a precaution. i guess not." she turned towards trinity, happy to know that things were going well. "oh wow! how is that going?" her expression changed rapidly, tempted to hug her friend but staying put out of fear they'd go flying. "which salon? i gotta stop by sometime!" she never did those truly girl things, like getting her hair or nails done, but there was always time for supporting the people she cared about. "me? just, surviving honestly. ready for sports to start back up soon." she was already missing it all, and though her off season practices were helping, it just wasn't the same.

as one of the workers announced the cause of the issue, edie took a deep breath. "this reminds me of that year when the power went out all around town during one of the hottest days and everyone slept outside that night." she laughed at the memories being recalled, smiling stretching wider as she remembered all the antics of that night. "d'you remember when my dad started that kid conga line because all the kids were bored and crying?"

trinity watson
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll