MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
FEB 03 — VALENTINES DAY events are up! check 'em out!

FEB 02 — HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISFITS!

influence
ELITES SHOW UP IN CROWDS AT WINTER'S BALL!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Add Reply
New Poll

How May I Help You?, Tag: Open
Natalie IS CURRENTLY Offline
The world might be grey but we don't have to be.
Seventeen
female
Nerd
junior
heterosexual
Student
16 POSTS
Winter season meant that the café was bound to be full of people seeking refuge from the unforgiving cold outside. Ophelia wondered whether she was going to be able to have enough energy to remain awake in order to do her homework; she hoped that the boss would allow her to take away some coffee to bring home later. She was working a late shift today and late shifts often meant that it was either her parents came to pick her up or her brother would accompany her back home.

"One flat white coming up!" she chirped to herself; it was how she remembered and kept herself calm, reminding herself that it was perfectly normal. It wasn't the first time; holiday periods tended to be more crowded, regardless of whether it was the winter season or not. Once this order was done and delivered to the customer, she could attend to the rest of the orders. For the holiday season, they seemed to be lacking in manpower for some unknown reason and she hoped that the manager could find more help soon. Most of the time, she simply worked as the waitress but as their manpower diminished, Ophelia had been forced to step up her game.

Right, she needed to clear the dirty tables for the customers to be able to have their drinks too. Once she had served her customer, she quickly gathered the cups from the other tables onto the tray and as she made her way to the back of the cafe, she found herself crashing into someone. The sound of things shattering caused her to wince and she quickly found herself bending down to pick up the broken pieces, momentarily forgetting that there was a broom at her disposal somewhere in the cafe.

TAGGED // Open
NOTES // Anyone can join in!
bear IS CURRENTLY Offline
running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, i wanna be your left-hand man
female
Fringe
senior
bisexual
swimmer
101 POSTS
marina wasn’t a big coffee drinker, but in the depths of the winter season, sometimes she needed to pop into the bean occasionally for a sip of something warm. she was a california girl, born and raised – what was this below-forty fahrenheit nonsense.

the café was filled with people of a similar idea, but that wasn’t altogether surprising. the bean was one of peachtree’s local treasures, after all. she took a seat by the counter and gave her order to the register, waiting patiently for it to be delivered. jeez, she didn’t envy the poor souls that worked here.

once she’d gotten her mug – one of her favorite things about this coffee shop was the fact that all their drinks were served in these adorable ceramic mugs – marina placed a few dollar bills on the table and got up from the counter, intending to move to the back of the café and sit maybe near a table.

but, as soon as she spun around – and perhaps it was her own fault, for not paying attention – a force knocked into her chest and the mug dropped from her hands, shattering onto the ground and covering her jeans with steaming espresso. “ooh!” marina’s eyes widened and made a startled sound, and she immediately grabbed some paper towels from the counter to dry herself off, at least.

“you okay?” she asked the girl who’d bumped into her sympathetically. “here – careful with that, err, maybe there’s a broom around here..?”

the streets of persuasion are plated with gold, the gates open wide, here comes the rising tide
Seventeen
female
Nerd
junior
heterosexual
Student
16 POSTS
Oh, right. Ophelia reprimanded herself with a short "silly me" and awkward laugh as she zipped to the storage room, but not before pulling over an empty chair and placing it over the spot so that nobody would step onto the broken glass, and grabbing a broom to sweep up the glass shards into the dustpan, disposing it it properly before she proceeded to mop up the remains of whatever that had been spilled.

She had nearly forgotten that the person she had bumped into was still there and in an instant, Ophelia felt guilty for making the older lady wait for the aftermath. "My apologies. If you have time, I'd like to offer you a cup of freshly brewed coffee or, whatever it is that you prefer," she gestured to the empty tables in the corner of the café, unoccupied at the moment. "

"I'll bring it over to you once I'm done," Ophelia reassured, knowing that this was definitely the wisest thing to do. "... I'm really sorry. Please ask one of my colleagues for more tissues or a wet cloth."

This was why she hated working during the holiday season but it was always during this period of time that their pay would be increased. Thankfully, Lysander was going to pick her up from work today before he headed on.
TAGGED // marina de la rey
NOTES // Sorry for the late reply.
running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, i wanna be your left-hand man
female
Fringe
senior
bisexual
swimmer
101 POSTS
ouch, this coffee was hot. marina winced, squeezing out her shirt over the counter and into a pile of paper towels. the waitress who’d spilled the coffee over her was back in an instant, and marina send her a patient, if slightly uncomfortable, smile.

“ahh, yeah, i wouldn’t mind getting another espresso,” she laughed. “it’s okay, i wasn’t watching out anyway.”

marina accepted a towel from another waiter who hovers around the two of them sympathetically, and finishes drying herself off with it, which is much better at sponging up the liquid than the mountains of paper towels. she took a seat at a nearby table and waited, a little bit awkwardly, for the other girl to bring her a new drink.

as she waited, marina couldn’t help but watch the girl who had bumped into her speed around the café. she looked awfully busy, and the fringe couldn’t help but feel sympathetic instead of upset. she couldn’t be much younger than marina herself, and lord knows marina was too busy enough with school and swimming to even think about getting a part-time job.

“hey, what’s your name?” marina asked, once the girl looked like she was heading over, “I’m marina. do you happen to go to the high school here, ridgeview?”

the streets of persuasion are plated with gold, the gates open wide, here comes the rising tide
Seventeen
female
Nerd
junior
heterosexual
Student
16 POSTS
Once she was done with cleaning up the mess, Ophelia retreated to the back of the shop and took a deep breath: mistakes are normal, you just need to make sure it doesn't happen again. Once she regained her composure, the girl went back to the counter where she prepared the espresso for the lady; looks like the free drink is going to come out of her next paycheck.

Once she was done, she navigates carefully through the crowd – hot drink in hand – and makes her way to the table where the lady was seated. She asks whether she is from Ridgeview High and Ophelia nods, adding a chipper "yep!".
TAGGED // marina de la rey
NOTES // Sorry for the late reply.
female
Fringe
senior
bisexual
swimmer
101 POSTS
marina smiles lightly as the waitress returns with her hot drink. well, looks like she’ll be a bit delayed here after all – she can’t walk off with one of their ceramic mugs, and it’s too hot anyway.

the fringe accepts the drink and immediately places it onto the table, blowing gently over it to cool it down.

“thank you,” she says politely, but notices the girl hadn’t responded to marina asking her her name. well, it certainly was busy around here, so maybe she just hadn’t heard. “ahh, I thought you looked a little familiar. what’s your name again?” marina asks, a bit louder this time.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll