MISFITS
A HIGH-SCHOOL
CLIQUES RP
FEB 03 — VALENTINES DAY events are up! check 'em out!

FEB 02 — HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISFITS!

influence
ELITES SHOW UP IN CROWDS AT WINTER'S BALL!
ELITESJOCKSFRINGESCREATIVESDELINQUENTSNERDSLONERS
JAN '18

Add Reply
New Poll

A cry in the wild, open
Jae IS CURRENTLY Offline
Always go too far, because that's where you'll find the truth.
male
Elite
senior
panrom - SAPIOsexual
student/PART-TIME FLORIST
99 POSTS
FOLLOWING THE DREAM
Anger. The feeling twisted his stomach, transforming him into a ticking bomb most of the time. The life at home had changed. Somehow. He had found his resolve and had decided to stick to his goal whatever could happen. As Teagan warmed up, he tried to empty his mind. Unnecessary thoughts were pointless. Ready to run, he put his earbuds in, cranked up his tropical house playlist and attacked the trail instead of being at school. Adrian had agreed to cover up for him, for a week. It was their deal. Officially, his son was sick. Unofficially, Teagan was a mess.

However, he didn't care about his perfect attendance for once. Running alone in the woods calmed him down. The air, the peaceful ambiance, following his own pace. This one moment was a luxury he intended to savor until the father and son's arrangement ended. He hadn't even left a message, but a part of himself was thinking "Whatever."

Taking another trail, he kept running before slowing down for a minute, surprised to hear a song, then found back his former pace. His first running had been difficult. Many obstacles were hidden in the woods. Rocks, roots. Tripping was easy, but tripping would also mean staying at home, and Teagan intended to spend every minute he could outside of it.

Ending up in a clearing, he swiftly looked around. Nobody. He pulled out his earbuds, took a deep breath and let out a scream.

It felt liberating. And unlike school, there was nobody to witness him here.

open |
FLOSS IS CURRENTLY Offline
burn like rum on the fire, i walk my days on a wire
SEVENTEEN
DEMIMALE
Elite
SENIOR
BISEXUAL
STUDENT
22 POSTS
After several years of practice, he was rather used to the trails winding through Silver Springs, to the point that it took very little calibration to adjust to a new route. What confusion the scattered signs offered him he could circumvent with muscle memory, as he came to the park again and again to stay in form during the off season.

The rare opportunity of a shortened student council meeting gave him the chance to visit today as well, arriving with light to spare even after a quick change into lighter clothes. Considering it was the middle of the week, few others were around; the run from the park entrance up to the more secluded woods was uneventful, winter chill kept at bay by steady breaths and mindful discipline as he took the incline up toward the trees.

He didn't often need music, instead falling into a peaceful rhythm until the runner's high set in. Thoughts that flitted so often through his head during the day faded, scraps of words and scattered letters becoming silent in the wake of another hundred meters, then another, and more still. In their stead, the natural sounds of the park filtered in between his loping steps, his regulated breathing: birds, making their afternoon calls, or more simply the crunch and press of topsoil as he proceeded.

All this overridden by a faint scream, filtering through the trees at his left as he slowed to a stop. Steps scraping on the gravel at the side of the trail, he waited until his breathing had deepened to its usual pace, then followed in between the foliage until he came to a clearing a short distance from the path.

At the other side was a student, vaguely familiar only because of his brief membership in the student council - Crowley, if he remembered the surname correctly. Taliesin raised an eyebrow and brushed intentionally by a low-hanging branch, rustling leaves and snapping twigs as he leaned out into view. "Surely you don't need to be doing that."

- - -
lmfao sorry for like 99%
exposition but heyo jae!!
Jae IS CURRENTLY Offline
male
Elite
senior
panrom - SAPIOsexual
99 POSTS
FOLLOWING THE DREAM
Teagan let out a small, yet surprised yell while stepping backward. Just a few steps. But he quickly went forward, his eyes set on the silhouette in front of him. Goodbye tranquillity. Making a U-turn crossed his mind and left it. It was worse than acknowledging this unexpected presence. To think that he had avoided the gym - mostly because of a possible encounter with a teacher - and the country club because the risks were too high. And yet. Frustration and annoyance became entangled as he tried to keep his body warm by trotting. His annoyance increased when he recognized the face.

"Schermitore." His voice sounded as displeased as his expression. Obviously, it had to be a member of the stuco. Most of the times, he was happy to keep himself informed, but sometimes, he regretted this need of knowing. "What's the problem? Did I hurt your delicate ears?"

Still, Teagan took an earbud and put it back showing he didn't intend to stop running and chat. As he passed next to Taliesin, he looked straight into his eyes. He didn't need to have people telling what he should do or not. Dealing with his mother on a daily basis was enough. Especially now, with their home turned into a battlefield. A mother and son's psychological war about the future. But what happened at home, stayed at home.

A smirk of a smile floated on his lips then faded away. "If you excuse me," Teagan put the second earbud then started running again. He would have the time to worry after.

SEVENTEEN
DEMIMALE
Elite
SENIOR
BISEXUAL
STUDENT
22 POSTS
He grinned freely at the other boy's surprise, a quicksilver flash of amusement before he stepped more fully into view. "Yes, me."

They didn't talk much - hadn't ever, really, despite some overlapping histories. It didn't stop them from taking the easier shots at each other when they had the chance, and Taliesin leaned against the tree next to him with a wrist held mockingly to his forehead as the perceived insult came. "Oh, yes. Pity my frail heart, too, to have thought someone might be in need of assistance."

Not that he'd have given much of any assistance, if all that seemed to be the problem was an outpouring of emotion. Teagan - and at least the name came back, even if it had taken a while for the letters to fall in with the according sounds - seemed physically fine as he brushed past, hard gaze prompting a cooler stare from Taliesin as he leaned aside.

"Running away again?" He said it softly, more to himself than anything. A few seconds later he turned, gait relaxed as he moved back through the foliage.

Implied delicacies aside, he was varsity captain for a reason, and in a few particularly long strides he caught up with Teagan before he'd rounded the next bend. He kept a polite enough distance, falling into a companionable rhythm likely in the corner of the senior's eye; though he tipped Teagan an amused look at one point, upon remembering the subtle rumor that had already worked its way through parts of the school.

He seemed to be in the peak of health, despite his absence and the surly quality to his presence. With how plainly he didn't want to talk, though, Taliesin kept the realization to himself for the moment, unwilling to raise his voice simply to compete with music of all things.

He did, however, speed up half a pace, pulling ever so slightly ahead without glancing over.

- - -
less talk?? more walk run
Jae IS CURRENTLY Offline
male
Elite
senior
panrom - SAPIOsexual
99 POSTS
FOLLOWING THE DREAM
His pace slackened. Teagan could sense a presence behind him. Adrian would have told him "Focus. Ignore everything else." An advice which would have gotten on his nerves. He knew the problem. The beginning of overflowing emotions instead of control. A slight irritation disrupted his rhythm, a wrong note ruining a perfect melody. His thoughts started overlapping the music. He frowned to himself. The exercise's goal was to clear his mind, not filling it at the first occasion. Suddenly, he really missed hitting a ball, but he had to forget tennis and stick with other activities for a while.

Home. His jaws clenched. What if his regrettable encounter talked at Ridgeview? What if one of his teachers learned about his not-so-sick-state? What if Sara found out her husband and her son had lied to her?

Slowing down, Teagan tried to focus on his breathing. And there was this temptation. Ignoring it was fucking hard. But giving in looked like failing, losing. There was no way he gave Taliesin the satisfaction of seeing him that aware of his presence. No, he wouldn't glance over his shoulder. No, he wouldn't slightly turn around. Besides, maybe, he was just overthinking the situation.

Still, overthinking or not, at the first junction, Teagan took the left trail then sped up. A dumb move. Even if he could imagine himself unnecessarily tired, he hid behind a tree when he thought being on the clear, stopped the music, and craned his head around quickly.

What the hell was he doing out here in the middle of the woods? Teagan shook his head. You're laughable. Better to get back to the car.

SEVENTEEN
DEMIMALE
Elite
SENIOR
BISEXUAL
STUDENT
22 POSTS
Music wasn't his forte, but there was a rhythm to running that was easy to pick up on once one knew what to look for. The hitch in Teagan's running pattern became gradually noticeable over the next few minutes, conveniently in time with Taliesin's slight burst of speed; he drew even with the other senior with a flicker of a glance for the uneven swing to his gait, before returning his eyes to the path ahead.

At the end of the day, his mere presence shouldn't have been enough to throw Teagan off. Perhaps, though, that was hypocritical: there was a kind of noncommital frustration to his mannerisms, no matter how subtle, that always got under Taliesin's skin, prompting him to do such things as tease the elite and -

Well, running next to him when he hadn't been invited probably made the list, too.

Mulling the point over was what got him in the end, as Teagan broke away into a clean sprint once the path split. A mildly surprised breath left him at the sight, though he resisted the urge to follow and kept his pace even as the other dashed around the bend.

It didn't exactly take a genius to guess what had happened, when he did arrive at the path and saw no retreating figure further up the way. His steps slowed to a veritable walk, gaze still trained ever so casually on the scenery as he raised his hands to tighten the tie in his hair.

"If this is a running technique of yours, you must tell me how it works," he said idly, leaning around the tree in time to catch Teagan's quick, wary glance. "I'll have to pass it along to the team, if it means they'll perform better with it."

Even steeping in smugness as he was, he could recognize that the other boy's patience would likely wear thin. He stepped straight to the point instead, as well as physically, literally stepping into Teagan's way before he could try to escape again. "I find running works with a clear mind, not a conflicted one. Care to share why you're out here with the latter?"

Jae IS CURRENTLY Offline
male
Elite
senior
panrom - SAPIOsexual
99 POSTS
FOLLOWING THE DREAM
Taliesin's voice startled Teagan. Although he didn't hope for a perfect breakaway, the possibility to be followed seemed unlikely. Mistakes happened. As he raised an eyebrow, something which had nothing to do with the current conversation was getting on his nerves. Why was this guy so fucking tall? Tea considered his height as pretty decent, but there was an unpleasant feeling in having to lift his chin. Even a little.

Still, he fixed his eyes on his. No point in running away from the sideways and repeating this attempt looked really dumb. Besides, to his utter - very very very very well-hidden- joy, the conversation seemed to turn more serious. What now? A special counseling session in the middle of the woods? Really?

Teagan cocked his head to the side. It didn't make sense. What's more, his trust towards the other elites was nearly nonexistent. Besides, it wasn't exactly a secret that he only kept superficial and polite relationships with them. Having one of them putting a nose in his own business bothered him. It wasn't worth pointing out what was pretty obvious.

And he had a gut feeling Taliesin knew he didn't intend to spill the beans. At least so easily.

"Care to explain why you seem to be interested? I almost blushed." A corner of his mouth quirked up. He put his hands on his own hips, then shook his head softly. "But since you asked me," Teagan leaned closer. "Between a campfire on the beach or a picnic at Coral Cove, which one sounds like the best?"

It promised to be a long run. If Lady Lucky was on his side, Taliesin would get bored and lose interest. Otherwise, he'd have to find a way to deal with the situation. Without snapping at him.

SEVENTEEN
DEMIMALE
Elite
SENIOR
BISEXUAL
STUDENT
22 POSTS
Now he was almost tempted to let the older boy escape. Getting a third chance to startle him, whether intentionally or not, would probably make the effort worth it.

His smile turned genuine as he stared Teagan down, though rather than warming his expression stayed coldly delighted at the other's discomfort. Even without any kind of heartfelt connection - and, really, when would Teagan Crowley let one of those form, anyway - he could hazard a guess that the source of his problem was more personal than institutional. Even avoiding school like he had, he had little to torment him at Ridgeview, as far as Taliesin saw it.

He certainly deflected like a tennis player would, sending a shot directly back yet from a distance. Tal scoffed gently, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow - "It's called civility, Teagan. Surely your mother taught you your manners," he suggested innocently, well aware of Sara Crowley's values from a few choice encounters with her in the past.

Perhaps it was a family matter, come to think of it. He had little else to estimate by, of course; but at the least he could play the game, leaning in at the same time as Teagan and making an appropriately contemplative face. "Oh, location is ever such an important thing, I find. You must tell me more before I can decide."

Dropping his arms, he turned to step slightly back toward the path, propping a foot on a convenient root and bending at the waist to loosen a muscle. Despite turning his gaze away he was still clearly aware of the other elite's presence, speaking up again as he held his stretch. "Neither is particularly romantic in execution, I'm afraid." Straightening, he twisted at the waist to look back at Teagan, tilting his head in an approximation of concern. "I hope you aren't looking to impress anyone with those choices of venue."

His eyes glinted with sly mirth then, presenting a clear challenge - Nice try. Do better next time.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll